UK: Christian preacher who banned gay couple from sharing a bed exposed as love cheat

1. I’m so pleased they’re hear to remind us less than worthy homosexuals of the real definition of love and marriage.

1. In the USA we have a saying

The moral majority is NEITHER.

time and time again we see the anti gays getting caught not for just womanizing while married but being closet cases. Here’s two examples

See george Rekers, head of Narth which claimed to fix gays, but Rekers himself couldn f fix himself.

Then there is erratic Mr. McCain who married into the coors brewing company

take a look at one of the most wealthy republican supporters

2. Robert in S. Kensington 22 Jul 2013, 7:38pm

How lovely of him to corroborate his blatant hypocrisy and bigotry and violate his marriage vows at the same time. Now did equal marriage have anything to do with it I wonder?

3. Well, well, well!

4. A hypocritical Christian? NO! Really?

1. Indeed, how is that news?

5. you dirty, dirty old man – you really should be asking the lord for forgiveness.

You wait something will come out how he found himself and she asked the lord to forgive him and all that bull.

6. This is the stuff of karma!

7. should we be surprised? of course not. These people that proclaim and shout they are Christians make me laugh what you have here is a dirty old man – you watch these two homophobes will tell us tomorrow how he found the lord after sending the text message.

8. This is hilarious! I wonder if the ‘Christian’ Institute is going to publish the truth about one of their bigoted heroes?

1. Or perhaps would they do a piece on how Evangelical Christians have one of the highest divorce rates ?

“Baptists had the highest rate of the major denominations: 29 percent. Born-again Christians’ rate was 27 percent. To make matters even more distressing for believers, atheists/agnostics had the lowest rate of divorce 21 percent.”

Some people try too hard to live up to an ideology, rather than allowing life to occur naturally, it causes anxiety and frustrations, to them and to their partner. When you are constrained within a narrow ideology it can feel like being in a confined space – something most human beings don’t like.

I’d like to know those stats for conservative vs liberal Christians !

1. Metsän poika 23 Jul 2013, 12:16am

I confess to a touch of schadenfreude.

Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary

1. I know. I was trying desperately to rise above it but…. Hahahaha ha

I wonder if this hypocrisy will be as fervently reported on the BBC as their initial campaign was. I doubt it.

2. No, the Wilkinsons’ case will just be quietly consigned to the CI dustbin. That group NEVER acknowledges these kind of stinking-hypocrite-of-a-Christian-unmasked exposes, even if they have shown support for said person before. Actually, you can probably replace ‘even’ with ‘especially’.

9. Ohhhh. Absolutely delicious.

I bet you the Christian Institute are so happy at there investment in all the legal cases these ‘good christians ‘ have generated.

10. John Penney 22 Jul 2013, 7:54pm

Just another reason why I do not allow religion in to any part of my life. Nothing but corrupt, seedy hypocrites after an easy life. If it’s not these, it’s the catholics. No time for any of them.

11. Well that made my day. I love the smell of irony, hypocrisy and steaming karma in the summer.

12. Nice…
    Take a vulnerable woman on the rebound from her abusive boyfriend and instigate an extra-marital affair with her behind your wife’s back whilst silmultaneously lecturing the rest of us about sexual propriety and seperate beds.
    Stay classy!

If he expects Jesus to wash those sins away I recommend a mix of sugar soap and domestos and maybe a wire brush.

1. ChrisMorley 22 Jul 2013, 8:48pm

If you read the Mirror’s report, he’s a thoroughly nasty piece of work, targeting a vulnerable woman almost half his age, persistently stalking her at home and by text, giving inappropriate gifts (£2000 towards her rent arrears, £50 for her gas, flowers and a pretty pink bible), grabbing her breast, imposing kisses on her and breaking one of Jesus’s rules on adultery by lusting after her (“But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” Matthew 5.28)

If they were truly following biblical principles in their B&B, he should be banned from their marital bed.

13. It’s a law of nature: within every religious moralist the stench of hypocracy can be found.

The greater the judgmentalism, the greater the stench.

No exceptions.

14. Dirty dirty old man. Can we have a new photo of Susanne and Mike with grumpy faces please ? they may have lost that look of christian superiority now.

15. Why, why, why, why oh why …

… am I so not surprised?

Schadenfreude is probably not worthy of me, but I don’t care:

HA!

16. Godric Godricson 22 Jul 2013, 8:29pm

This just writes itself in an oh so predictable sort of way.

17. Since these so called “christians” do so love to quote the bible at us, I think the following verses are deliciously appropriate:

Matthew 6.1
    “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven”

Matthew 7:5
    “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye”

Looks like it will be the toasting forks and the lake of burning sulfur for you, Mike Wilkinson!

1. Delicious.

1. Metsän poika 23 Jul 2013, 12:22am

Yes, Three Michelin Stars worth.

2. Don Harrison 22 Jul 2013, 11:05pm

Leviticus tells us not to wear both cotton and wool together. Talks about sacrificing children.

18. Dirty old bugger. Mind you, can’t blame him, fancy waking up every morning to find Susanne lying there like a beached whale.

1. Doug! Now I have to clean off the cider I have just snorted all over my monitor and keyboard :-\ :-D

19. sweeeeeeeeeet…..

1. Metsän poika 23 Jul 2013, 12:24am

…..irony.

20. Mike Homfray 22 Jul 2013, 9:01pm

The cult he is one of the leaders of is called the River Church, based in Marlow, Bucks.
    I believe they also have connections with Cllr Robert Woollard of Bucks County Council and the Conservative Grassroots Campaign.
    If you have some time look up Alexander Woollard Furniture. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

1. Hilarious. Poor lad!

2. Maybe he is one of those homosexuals whom are “good at antiques” to quote one Baroness Knight?

1. Mike Homfray 22 Jul 2013, 10:13pm

I wonder if Cllr Bob realises?

21. Typical. First Mike Haggard, then Iris Robinson and now this. Can’t any phobes keep their pants on?!

What was that about the sanctity and stability of straight marriage again?!

22. The biggest surprise in this hypocrite’s story is that his philandering was with a woman instead of a dude.

23. Ah, such an example of the normal, happily married, faithful Christian couple!, or is it a case of “People who live in glass houses should not throw stones”?

24. Don Harrison 22 Jul 2013, 11:03pm

Leviticus 18:22 says it’s against gay marriage & immoral sex practice shared The Christian Post’s photo.

1. Lev 18:22 actually reads “And with a male, thou shalt not lie down in a woman’s bed; it is an abomination.”. Gay men don’t lie down in women’s beds. More importantly 18:21 talks about not sacrificing children to the god Molech. Part of the sacrifice then involved Pagan fertility rituals with men having sex with temple shrine prostitutes – this is all quite the opposite to loving committed same-sex relationships, so that verse doesn’t speak to same-sex relationships at all, but to violation of a women’s bed, but not by gay men, and child sacrifice and idolatry (statue / worshiping an alternative god). http://hoperemains.webs.com/leviticus1822.htm and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_D5Oa5n1nY&feature=player_embedded

The Bible was trying to socially-engineer people towards their religious ideology and away from Pagan rituals. The word “abomination” is mistranslated and simply means “prohibited practice”. Our westernised view of the Bible are entirely incorrect ….

2. … just look at the names used in the Bible. Paul, Matthew, Simon, John, Peter, Jonathan, David, … these are westernised named, not Hebrew or Egyptian or Arab names. The books have been specifically translated to appeal to our culture. Jonathan and David were gay lovers, yet not a single line of condemnation in the Bible. It’s been modified time and time again for political purposes.

25. Why is he still in his position! The congregation needs to ACT now and say how displeased they are. She cannot go to the same church! That has to be wrong. I hope the congregation makes it clear that he is no longer welcome.

26. I am shocked. A Christian bigot revealed to be a hypocritical Christian bigot. Such a rarity. Almost as rare as sarcastic gay men, I’ll bet.

27. One thing I have learned in my life is never, ever trust a Christian!

1. Indeed. There are a few nice ones, but they are as rare as hens teeth. Best avoided.

I am getting very tired of the cofE leadership always telling us “gay people must be given our full support and love” yet they abuse their unelected positions of power in the House of Lords to vote against equality. ALL of the bishops who attended the gay marriage debates in the Lords voted against it.

Then there’s that sickening phrase that they all love to use “love the sinner, not the sin”. Well excuse me. I happen to be gay. This was the way I was born. I sleep with men. Hell I LOVE sleeping with men. Beautiful hot handsome hairy men. Deal with it. Because I am not going to change, no matter what your poxy book of quotations says.

28. Jesus replied: ‘He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.’

Ha ha ha ha

1. He didn’t actually say that tho, it was added to later manuscripts hundreds of years after the originals, so it’s about 99.99% sure that it wasn’t actually left-out by accident, but made-up and added-in.. (see Bart Erhman).

Before Jesus there were 3 others who claimed to be the son of a god, 2 of which were carpenters (obviously a popular trade) and both of which had 12 disciples (obviously a popular number). I’m afraid that it’s all about as made-up as could be.

It would be lovely to think my grandparents were guiding my life, providing opportunities (although I haven’t won the lottery yet :( but I live in hope), but also the creepy disgusting thought that when I’m masturbating the whole of my family tree, … and God …!… are watching me !!!! Freaky :-p

1. You sir, are clearly NOT a Christian.

You have actually read and understand the bible and its history.

Christians never do……

They just make it up to suit their own personal bigotries.

29. Robert (Kettering) 23 Jul 2013, 12:46am

Yet another “religious” hypocrite hiding behind his religion to discriminate against the LGBT Community whilst at the same time carrying on behind his wife’s back. A Disgusting excuse for a clergyman!

30. HYPOCRISY
    It seems to be a common occurrence among Christians.
    Whether it’s preaching hatred against gays, and then renting out rent boys, Ted Haggard for example, though there’s many more. But also calling homosexuals perverts, while the RCC is the biggest name in town (not to mention the Islamic prophet) for child molestation. They talk about adultery, yet the more religious you are in the states, the higher the chance you’re likely to divorce (evangelicals for example).
    Christianity seems to bring out the bigoted hypocrite in people. Minus the rare exception, of course.

1. The religious stance is nothing more than a political stance, a party with an ideology, trying to gain support any way they can. 56% of US Catholics don’t even consider being gay is a sin, yet their leadership thinks it is probably the most grave sin on the planet — but it’s all rhetoric, to keep them in power, to keep the money rolling in, to try to keep influence over the rest of society and the world, and Dominionism is not more than bring about an autocratic theocracy, in which non-believers are either slaves, second-class, or just killed. Some of these leaders minds are examples of the most psychotic sociopathic mental disorders available to modern sociologists. In essence, we must clearly distinguish between the good followers, and the bad leaders and a small number of sociopathic followers, which don’t represent the majority.

For avoidance of doubt I don’t believe a word of it, I’m a Proud Atheist, and a big fan of Bart Erhman.

31. Metsän poika 23 Jul 2013, 1:45am

Mike Wilkinson, the Benny Hill of homophobes.

32. Robert John Abada Ofm 23 Jul 2013, 2:04am

this is funny

33. Michael 2912 23 Jul 2013, 8:19am

Extravagant fulmination and gross hypocrisy walk hand-in-hand again.

34. A story not only of typical hypocrisy but of the typical psychology of tribal loyalty. You go out on a limb to demonstrate your right to belong to the righteous in-group by taking a showy public stand on an issue which has become central to the group’s identity (condemning gays in this case). In the meantime you break rules which are currently under less of a spotlight and assume or hope that people won’t even notice.

35. The lord moves in mysterious ways.

36. Mihangel apYrs 23 Jul 2013, 9:47am

Also:
    grooming
    preying on the vulnerable
    misuse of position

Not exactly the behaviour expected from a Xian, and something they would accuse any of US of n a heartbeat

37. Typiiiiicccaaaaaaaaaaaallll. in a very gay voice

38. Looks like their own Christian marriage is just a great big sham.
    What a vile pair of hypocritical homophobic bigots.
    It’s all coming out now and If Susanne Wilkinson didn’t already know about Mikes adulterous intentions will this end their relationship or just put an end to their homophobic conversation?

1. That may well be because Mike isn’t a total fcukwit and it’s his wife who is, perhaps she is the fundamentalist, ideologically drive religious nut, whose driven Mike to seek warmth and affection from something which doesn’t resemble a cold lump of concrete. Religion puts a lot of strain on relationships – if you are both equally driven and obsessed with your religion, or are both relaxed about your religious views, then it may work ok, but where there is a big disparity it’s just human nature to recoil, effectively her extremism has become vomit-making.

Alternatively, he might be the extremist and she might be the moderate, being forced to comply with his driven obsessive irrational beliefs, but it might be her who has been able to push his sexual advances away, with him seeking sex with whatever opportunity presents itself – who knows !!

Priests/Pastors do make sexual advances to women in their congregation – this isn’t unusual. Doing it when she was vulnerable is despicable.

1. “When a marriage is on the rocks the rocks are in the bed”
        They made their own sacred Christian marital bed …rocks and all, (in their case it may be full of cold granite boulders), and now they get to sleep together in it.
        I hope Suzanne is really, really, happy
        sleeping with her adulterously inclined husband and he with the homophobic zealot of a wife he feels motivated to stray away from.
        They need to pay more attention to their own relationship and their own sleeping accommodation and less to other people’s.

39. I’m even more disgusted now. Apparently he ‘kissed me in the B&q in slough down the paint isle’. Dont know what this is code for but it dosent sound like something a christian minister should be doing !

1. Yes, it does sound like it might be somewhere like Boris’s “Arcelor Mittel Orbit” double entendre.

40. It is again a case do as I say not as I do which gives Christ a bad name….why do those who say they follow Him treat others so badly?

41. I have only 3 words for this situation…

Oh Happy Day!

42. Robert in S. Kensington 23 Jul 2013, 2:47pm

Has anyone noticed the deafening silence of C4M, Christian Concern, Anglican Mainstream and the CoE? Why I wonder? The Daily Mail and Telegraph should be the first to defend him!

43. Robert in S. Kensington 23 Jul 2013, 2:49pm

Come on, Tory MPs David Burrowes, Gerald Howarth, what do you have to say for yourselves? Why aren’t you defending him? Now who are the bigots after all?

44. Mattress Fever 23 Jul 2013, 3:01pm

open up down the hatch…hope it doesn’t burn yer snatch http://getoffmydress.blogspot.com/2013/07/doma-r-e-got-ta-go.html

45. I am really disgusted. The poor woman was getting out of an abusive relationship and he abused her again. I can’t be happy that this happened although it exposed this disgusting dirty old man for what he is. My heart goes out to this poor woman.
    The society must stop telling people that it is ok to turn to a church, when you are having problems. They will just take your money and abuse you every way they can for their own power and wealth. It has never been different, from the first stone age god to scientology.

46. Mike Wink Loins 24 Jul 2013, 7:10pm

“…I need to know one thing, that this will be yours and mine secret. My wife must not know…” puts his true belief in an all knowing god in perspective. God’s judgement and disapproval features strongly in their condemnation of homosexuality and marriage equality but is blatantly absent in his own aberrant live.

47. Aw bless ;) Just left a message on the http://www.swissbedandbreakfast.co.uk website under the ‘contact us’ link. I was polite but highlighted the despicable nature of her husband’s acts. Reminded her that ‘God is love’ and asked them to be love too, after questioning their judgemental attitude towards same sex couples. Not sure if I’ll get a response :)

1. They’ll be claiming they have received death threats from you next, be careful.

48. David skinner 25 Jul 2013, 12:25am

Typical of the pink bullies who always pile into someone who is momentarily more vulnerable than they are, in order to deflect attention away from their own shabby lives.

Mike Wilkinson, God willing, will repent from this folly and be restored , but sadly many on this site, will still in ten, twenty or thirty years time be exactly where they are now or even in a worse place.

1. Mike Wink Loins 25 Jul 2013, 11:00am

You my friend, take the cake! Suddenly we are pink bullies… We will probably be exactly where we are or worse if it was up to you and old Mikey and the like… Won’t we? You can dish it but not take it, right?

2. Anybody can make a mistake, but people like Mike Wilkinson invite extra distain and ridicule because of all their previous public moralising about sex outside of marriage, etc.

I wonder how many people here being accused by Mr Skinner of piling ‘into somebody who is momentarily more vulnerable than they are’ have ever bombarded a lonely, frightened person with sexually-suggestive texts.

3. Says David Skinner, an individual noted for both his sense of irony and his capacity for self-knowledge. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

4. Lives are not ‘shabby’ because they don’t conform to your bigotry. The issue is professing one kind of morality in public and discriminating against others because of it and behaving differently in private in a particularly sordid and abusive way. As you damned well know.

5. “pink bullies” hahaha oh mate you are such a loser

6. What’s this I hear about judging.

49. JinianVictoria H 29 Jul 2013, 3:02pm

Isnt it grand? We now know how to act if we are married! Because 2 same sex cant share a bed, we can always claim to be married and thus its permissible to sleep or propose sex with another

50. Lies, like hen’s come home to roost.