Homophobic church spells ‘illiterate’ wrong on flyer accusing voters of not being able to read

1. Marcwebbo3 19 Jul 2013, 4:15pm

Had to laugh at this…..says it all….if the world didnt know how crackpot they were before hand they sure do now….

1. I dribbled coffee down myself it made me laugh so hard. Can always rely on WBC to bring the comedy.

1. I have always thought that no one in Westboro could spell Westborough properly anyway.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 21 Jul 2013, 12:36pm

It’s quite common in American parlance to drop the ‘ugh’ from the word ‘borough’. When I was in New York several weeks ago, I saw a sign which read….’Triboro Bridge’, a bridge apparently connecting the boroughs of Manhattan, Queens (sometimes written as Queensboro) and Bronx.

2. Oh the irony!
    Thanks for making my day, PN. :)

3. hahahahahahaha #FAIL

4. Makes you think I bet they voted soo they are calling there own people to lol

5. What is Karl Largerfeld doing there? LOL

6. Jesus didn’t say anything about gay people or their right to love. Not only can’t they spell, they also can’t fact-check their own sacred text.

7. HA!

Their God, in allowing them to make such a telling mistake, clearly believes their stupidity equals their nastiness just as much as the rest of us do.

8. Scott Larsen 19 Jul 2013, 5:54pm

Fodder for the comics

9. Christopher Coleman 19 Jul 2013, 6:08pm

This was no mistake. The spelling is deliberately wrong so that people who can’t read will “get it”.

10. white squirrel 19 Jul 2013, 6:30pm

Still waiting for WBC to come out with glowing praise for Russia

what are the odds they will?

11. I imagine these insane people have done more good to further the LBGT cause than anybody. The more they rant the more crazy they look. They have descended into an embarrassing freak show and the general public can see this.
    So…’God hates you’….I’ve not read that chapter in the Bible…which one is it?
    The Book of Nutjobs

12. What their doing is mocking two groups at once Westboro and Mormons, If your not aware of it Mormon afterlife baptism is a service they hold that they think will turn a dead person Mormon.

And just for the fun of it.return the favor.

13. Forgive the pedantry but while you are criticising spelling you should take care of your grammar. Headline should read “Homophobic church spells ‘illiterate’ wrongly…..”

14. WrongLY, Pink News, wrong-LY. Please tell me you know what an adverb is

1. adverb… isn’t that a verb used to sell stuff? like “BUY BUY BUY!!”

2. “wrong” can be used as an adverb.

15. michaelandfred 19 Jul 2013, 9:16pm

All that inbreeding is starting to show. By the way nut bags, the lord jesus never said that at all. Unless Fred Phelps thinks he’s jesus now.

16. Why isn’t that lot dead yet?.

17. I see the Phelps cut is having another bad spell :) …so they’re illiterate as well as inbred?

18. I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do… D­a­y3­7.ℂ­ℴ­M

19. I always thought that church was kinda against people being able to read. Because when they can read bible, they can think about it. When they can’t read, they have to believe the priest.

1. I could be wrong, but I think that was why the Church martyred those like Tyndall who tried to publish the Bible in English.
      And why King James’ decision to translate the Bible from Latin was such a big deal.

20. Bob Robinson 20 Jul 2013, 11:57am

I could never remember who Fred Phelps reminded me of – I just realised it`s Mason Verger from Hannibal.

21. Keith in SALFORD 20 Jul 2013, 1:10pm

Not quite as ironic as the now totally silent Keith O’Brien fiasco but a very good second.
    Keith.
    x
    hahaha

1. Robert in S. Kensington 21 Jul 2013, 12:41pm

And nobody knows exactly where O’Brien is. How can the former leading Catholic prelate of the UK manage to disappear into obscurity? You would think the BBC and the other ‘hate’ outlets such as the Mail or Telegraph would be interested more so than they were with the new marriage law.

1. Yes- the bigot’s done a runner and the pope’s moneyman is stuck in a lift with an erm… moneyboy.

2. Keith in SALFORD 21 Jul 2013, 7:45pm

Firmly ensconced behind the Vatican’s walls, that’s where that one is with that other expletive deleted, Bernard Law of – was it – Boston.
        Keith in SALFORD

22. I would love to have them at my gay marriage. Free cabaret.

23. Actually, the passage from Matthew is a condemnation of DIVORCE, not Homosexuality. So, they got that one wrong, too.

24. The WBC are idiots! They want to accuse the “normal” people of being illiterate, when they can’t even spell the word! Don’t use big words if you can’t spell them. This was soo funny…. Why don’t these people just disappear. Don’t they realize how idiotic they appear to the rest of us? I believe they are all inbred and related, I mean really, who is going to listen to them?

25. sick perverts. truly sick. as in medically identifiably way beyond the two standard deviations of health. that amount of fixation on anyone elese’s sex is sick, disabling, life threatening.

1. ooops! typo. anyone else’s

26. as for being able to spell, anyone can make a typo, but if you are accusing others of illiteracy, you’d damn better proof read.

27. Robert White 21 Jul 2013, 2:05am

When Fred dies, which can’t be that far off, there had better be a “Thank God for Dead Phelps” rally at his funeral.

/Evil Leer 8-)

28. HaHaHa
    Didn’t the EDL do something similar over here recently too?

29. The Westboro Baptist Church — striving to send humanity back to the Dark Ages, one day at a time.

30. Well what would you expect from people who practice in-breeding?

31. Janet Lameck 21 Jul 2013, 9:26pm

Oh yes that U.S. QUEER Church shows just what so called freedom of religion is really about. Another GOOD reason there should be a TOTAL SEPARATION of Church and STATE!

32. There is a good argument for not giving WBC the “oxygen of publicity”, since they crave publicity above all else.
    In this case, the more publicity (and embarrassment) the better, imho

33. Sirius 21062 22 Jul 2013, 11:38pm

Way too much inbreeding messing up the gene pool at Westbrook…

34. Sirius 21062 22 Jul 2013, 11:39pm

Sorry, Westboro. My bad. Guess I’ll wind up in some level of the Inferno for that one.