Pope Francis and Benedict XVI united in their opposition to equal marriage

1. bobbleobble 5 Jul 2013, 3:07pm

The people of your own country didn’t listen to you Francis, why the hell would you expect anyone else to?

I treat this utter nonsense with the contempt it deserves and I hope everyone else will too.

1. Colin (London) 5 Jul 2013, 4:01pm

well said.

2. Beelzeebub 5 Jul 2013, 3:11pm

Oh p!ss of you brainwashed old virgins.

What do you know of human love.

1. Probably not virgins, the way priests go at it ;-)

1. bobbleobble 5 Jul 2013, 4:18pm

Have you found a partner to indulge your sc@ t fetish yet Keith?

1. bobbleobble 5 Jul 2013, 5:15pm

I’m not a sc@tophobe, I genuinely hope you find someone with whom to indulge your fetish with. Maybe then your temper will improve.

Homosexuality isn’t a fetish and if you think it is then I think you need to do some study. Deviation from natural, nope, it’s observable in nature, unlike religion and worship of deities. Deviation from normal, well in mathematical terms yes I suppose so but that carries no value judgement with it.

1. bobbleobble 5 Jul 2013, 6:04pm

You were the one who said homosexuality was against nature not me. I was simply pointing out you were wrong. As with all lunatic fundamentalists you change the goalposts once you lose the argument. Putting words in my mouth however is called bearing false witness, I thought that was a big no no for you lot.

Oh and as someone who takes their moral cue from a thuggish brute of a god who supports slavery and genocide, forgive me for not taking your moral outlook seriously.

I cannot believe that anyone who is as obsessed with sc@t, incest and homosexuality as you are isn’t actually desperate to give them a go. If you admit that to yourself then you might feel better about yourself and your temper will definitely improve.

2. Bobbleobble 5 Jul 2013, 6:25pm

More bearing false witness Keith. You should be ashamed.

3. That There Other David 5 Jul 2013, 8:01pm

Maybe he’s so bored of you he’s fallen asleep…

4. “Valid points”? Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!

5. There is no homosexuality in nature outside of humans

You ridiculous creature! Try reading something other than the latest translation of your “holy book”. Start with Bagemihl.

(I assume you can read slightly more coherently than you can argue or write.)

6. So which animals are attracted to and copulate with same sex exclusively?

Read for yourself, my pet. Having to buy a book might get you out of the house, and that could only be a good thing, poor dear.

7. The burden of proof is on the claimant you vacant dunderhead

Absolutely right, Keith my poor sweet deluded pet. You claimed, and I quote: “There is no homosexuality in nature outside of humans.” Prove it. [BTW: "because the bible says so" isn't evidence - you appear not to be aware of that, but it's best you know in the long run, you know.]

I know you’re not the brightest bulb in the chandelier (indeed one could say there was a fault in the manufacture), but do try a little harder, dear little thing.

8. Oh my poor sweet petal, is there any weasel effort you will not stoop to, to wriggle out of substantiating statements you make with [evidently] scant authority?

“There is no evidence Keith the C0prophile has the ability to formulate a coherent thought.” Discuss, O wise and most omniscient of mussels.

I think you must be a product of the incest you’re so obsessed by. It would explain much. Don’t worry, some of us are too kind to hold it against you.

9. Beelzeebub 5 Jul 2013, 10:55pm

F\/ck of you ill educated nasty piece of sh1t.

I could not for 1 second conceive of living with the vileness that you harbor.

I really hope your death is extremely long drawn out and painful.

I am tired of reading your poison and have done something about it.

Dear Ben Cohen. Get rid of this filth or see you in court.

10. Be kind, Beelzebub: the poor wee thing is one disturbed little bunny. Do not, under any circumstances, make the mistake of taking the sad little flower seriously.

11. At least it keeps you out of the public toilets. Every little helps!

Aww, what’s this petal? Unable to sustain your “arguments”?

But it’s you say, dear wee thing (emphasis on the wee). I hope they don’t miss you down at your local.

12. justusboyz 5 Jul 2013, 6:46pm

May I assume you havn’t had sex? …. Hence why your still alive haha

13. Tim Chapman 5 Jul 2013, 9:24pm

If, as you say, non-human animals are devoid of morality, then how can the actions of a preying mantis be disgusting? Within my own species, whilst I have no wish to use the word ‘disgusting’ as freely as you clearly have in relation to the harmless behaviour of others, I do find some heterosexual acts distasteful, since to me, they are undesirable, but I wouldn’t dream of discriminating against any heterosexual on the basis of them. I guess that makes me a better person than you.

14. It just means you have lower standards and accept filth more readily

Thanks Keith, my blessed little damaged one, for such excellent proof that your “arguments” are, to say the least, untenable. (Do you know what ‘untenable’ means? No? Look it up, there’s a good little thing.)

And thanks for reading. I’m happy to know there’s a chance wisdom may percolate through eventually.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 5 Jul 2013, 4:22pm

Delusional loon. There are plenty of hetero paedophiles in the roman cult, plenty of American females molested and in Ireland too.

1. What statistics are those, my pet? Those you just made up in your feverish little head?

3. Beelzeebub 5 Jul 2013, 4:29pm

GO F\/CK YOURSELF YOU STIINKING FREAK.

4. Hello Keith lovey, back yet again? My my, you just can’t keep away, can you? Tell us, do you speak from your own experience of the abuse in the Catholic church? It would explain much, if so.

3. Jock S. Trap 5 Jul 2013, 3:16pm

Oh the surprise!!! Yawn.

4. That There Other David 5 Jul 2013, 3:18pm

I see the Honeymoon is over and normal service has been resumed.

5. The only evil here is the Roman Catholic Church. It really is the working of evil in the world.

1. Beelzeebub 5 Jul 2013, 3:32pm

I think it should now be renamed “The Sith”

Ex Pope Ratzen_Sideous_Palpatine probably has his sticky mits in this proclamation.

1. MerlynHerne 6 Jul 2013, 10:05am

Aber Naturlich (Naturally). I suspect Francis is a sock puppet for Bennie.

6. More proof, as if necessary, the LGBT catholics are utterly delusional (and I don’t just mean the idiots in the funny frocks….)

7. Brainwashed?, yes, Virgins? I doubt it.

1. “Brainwashed?, yes, Virgins? I doubt it.”
      I say Buggered, YES!

8. Wow. Are we allowed to know what miracle he performed? And I’m not sure it counts when you make thousands of people in your audience get very very sleepy.

1. Beelzeebub 5 Jul 2013, 4:31pm

He magically caused thousands of paedophile priest to disappear and he also managed to drastically reduce the population in Africa with his “Condoms cuases AIDS” nonsense.

9. Cardinal Fang 5 Jul 2013, 3:45pm

So much for Benedict &Co not interfering…

10. Im not to clued up on religion but it seams to me that there is a lot of hate by people who preach love and understanding

1. Beelzeebub 5 Jul 2013, 4:32pm

Don’t worry.

Most religious people aren’t too clued up on it either.

11. GulliverUK 5 Jul 2013, 3:46pm

What would Jesus do?

I expect he’d tell them to feck off and get a proper job! :-p

Two very creepy men, one a criminal, one for whom it’s only a matter of time.

When I want advice about relationships and marriage I’ll go and ask someone who actually has experience of it, instead of people who shield criminals and launder drugs money, and have insecurity issues and need to try to control everybody else – which is totally wacko.

ANNNYYY WAYYY, nobody listens to the Vatican, least of all Catholics, who are perfectly capable of making up their own mind on these issues, and atheists like me only listen to them so we can have fun taking the piss out of them amd tjeor bizarre rants – crazy people should make you laugh, like on YouTube :D

12. men in frocks… a little lipstick and a kiss, and the picture would be .. totally revolting.. much the way they already are, mouldering old fools.

13. Who gives a flying ray’s ass what these two old idiots think about ANHTHING! To hell with them!

14. CH Brighton 5 Jul 2013, 4:08pm

Hey! You two! People can see through your bullying ways and nobody’s frightened of you any more. We’ve all grown up and we’re shaking off the shackles your lot (and others) put on so many lives for so long. We’ll stand for your tyranny no more. We, and our legions of allies in societies and Parliaments throughout the world, are standing up for our freedom. Instead of standing on the sidelines being bitter, why don’t you join with us? Your church has found expedient ways of carrying out pragmatic change in the past. Just look how you changed your attitude to the Jews after 1945. Why don’t you do it over human sexuality and step across to the right side of history? We’ll help you if you’d just ask.

15. dorsetbob 5 Jul 2013, 4:14pm

I blame it on their backgrounds. One from the Hitler youth the other raised during the facist period in Argentina. Bound to be a bit twisted

16. Francisca, Johanna Paula II & Benedette- Evil, eviler & evilest

17. Every time I see someone of their ilk say something they think is profound or valuable, my mind automatically goes to a bit on your somewhat strange but slightly endearing tv show, ‘Pie in the Sky’. An old lady, Hillary Smallwood is sitting in her rather well appointed room in a retirement home, when a nurse enters and announces, “Reverand Cromwell is about to give his thought for the day in the sitting room”. Mrs. Smallwood replies, ” In the unlikely event that Reverand Cromwell has ever HAD a thought, I certainly wouldn’t want him to give it to me”!

18. These comments are a disgrace to the whole meaning of what the Catholic Church should stand for in today’s world. No wonder congregation numbers are at an all time low! Would suit them better to issue a statement on the cover ups of child abuse rather than telling the rest of the world how to live our lives.

19. justusboyz 5 Jul 2013, 6:40pm

Can you tell me why you are so keen to keep reading & commenting on a Gay online newspaper?
    Go away you idiot…. Oh and change your name. Nothing moral or educated about you!

1. Why do you think? His obsessions speak louder than his (usually incoherent) words.

20. Calm down, dear – not everyone has your obsession with incest.

There, there.

*pats hand*

21. I really suggest ignoring the demented little wingnut – Just thumb him down to make his comments vanish, and wait for nurse to come and loosen his tinfoil hat.

22. They’re keep up the opposition until their churches are empty, their coffers dry and they have to sell their limos and thrones. Who really cares what this primitive belief system/old boy network says anyway?

23. Barry William Teske 5 Jul 2013, 11:57pm

Oh look, they are in love!

24. Revelation 17
    17 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup (Chalice) in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus:

1. and just who said this…

2. I printed your comments and pooed on them and the whole bible

then I burned the mess – to see just how horrible the whole thing stunk

The best solution to your mythical magical sky buddy is box of EX LAXfor the “brain”

10 to 1 y our old and time will cure you of your mental illness in very permanent way

3. 4) Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

that’s your religion , I could go on !

25. Tom (Winnipeg) 6 Jul 2013, 2:18am

Go ahead, you old farts, show us how irrelevant you are.

26. The truly ironic thing is that pope Francis was actually somewhat comfortable/ok with the LGBT community – until he became a pope. Just proves, like John Lennon said, the world would be a better place if there were no religion. It breeds more hate than love.

27. Wendell Cochran 7 Jul 2013, 6:37pm

Two old queens singing the same song! Who the hell do they think they are? The Gump Sisters?

28. Let the world never forget, from fifty or one hundred years from now when homosexuality, same-sex marriage and equal rights are perfectly accepted and protected by all people and nations in the world that in the beginning of the 21th century the Catholic Church was still vehemently opposed to same-sex marriage and equal rights exactly as it was since in the Middle Ages and that the worthlessness and irrelevance of the Roman Catholic Church has never been bigger.

Pope Francis, the same crap only wrapped in a different slightly-more-appealing trash bag.

1. You seem to think homosexual practices are something modern and progressive and about liberty – it’s the exact opposite, a slavery , a regression .Thank God the Church the founder of Western Civilisation , put an end to the way of the Romans : abortion, infanticide,pederasty, homosexuality,transvestism, sorcery , superstition etc – all making a comeback today in our secular regressive society .

Didache 1:1
      There are two ways, one of life and one of death, and there is a great difference between the two ways.

Homosexuality is part of the culture of death .It ain’t new I’m sorry to say ! We’ve been around for over 2000 years, we’ve seen it all and we’ll be here till the end of time .

1. JackAlison 8 Jul 2013, 12:23pm

listen sun RAY
        plz go and drive the catholic weekly crazy with ur loony tune ramblings
        give us all a break
        yawn yawn

29. ‘Equal marriage’ – was propaganda genius , but it’s not a term those who believe in marriage (not ‘traditional’ marriage, just marriage )would use . .Marriage being the union of a one man and one woman .Same sex ‘marriage’ is a contradiction .Equal eating eg putting beans on toast in your armpit can never be equal to putting food in you mouth and digesting it .Distorted sexual practices are just that – without purpose – no matter what laws are passed .It certainly ain’t ‘marriage’ ! The fracturing lens of the LGBT lobby trying to distort the meaning is like someone trying to redefine eating ! :)

30. JackAlison 8 Jul 2013, 12:19pm

well if “sh*t” was your first concern
    I imagine u walking around your apartment in an adult diaper either sucking ur thumb(or sumthin) and incoherently rabbiting on about evils of gettin it up Arsenal and sobbing unconsolably until nurse arrives.

31. I am disappointed with the way Pink News brings information. I had a look at this encyclical, it is about faith. In a paragraph about faith and family, the Pope explains how a stable union between a man and a woman can be good for children and how it is important to raise children with Christian values. His main point is about stability in a family. It would be more correct to find here a disapproval of divorce than anything to do with same sex marriage.
    If each time someone says something about an union of a man and a woman Pink news equals that on an attack on same sex marriage we will have a lot of news coming.
    Since elected, this Pope hasn’t said anything about same sex marriage. I might still come of course…
    The title of Pink News’ article is dishonest and what I would call cheap journalism.
    I am a gay man disappointed with the Church attitude of gay matters and I am certainly not inclined to defend the Church, but there is no need to invent or deform any comments.

1. F. Gallant 30 Jul 2013, 6:43pm

By saying that “a stable union between a man and a woman can be good for children and how it is important to raise children with Christian values” is he saying that there’s no such thing as a stable union between same sex couples? As far as it being important to raise children with Christian values is purely a matter of opinion!

32. Seig Heil to the hitler youth pope and How do you say the same thing in spanish re Francis and the dirty war, where he simply sat back and let all kinds of attrocities take place.

These people believe in life after death, but not when their own life is at risk

33. http://lifedoesntgetmuchbetterthanthis.wordpress.com/2013/07/11/why-gays-are-great-but-same-sex-marriage-is-wrong/

Makes a lot of sense and cuts through the misperceptions of those who label themselves ‘LGBT’ or whatever combination ….