US radio host: Children ‘suffer the most’ from equal marriage Supreme Court rulings

1. Standard lament of your magic-boggled would-be tyrant – “help help I’m a victim” – while lying through their teeth.

Nothing new to see here.

2. Tim Hanafin 2 Jul 2013, 11:51pm

To quote Nancy Pelosi “Who cares?!”

3. And the clam is children will have the access of truth denied and exactly HOW is this going to happen now the children will see the big picture on the subject of love and understanding

4. Midnighter 3 Jul 2013, 12:02am

Just getting high on the shadenfreude here.

“Homosexual militants will now have their dreams fulfilled that American children will march to this new tune.”
    Or in non-loony speak, homosexual children can hold their heads up high as increasingly equal citizens, as can children of homosexual parents. If that makes Linda Harvey cry then I find myself wishing for a world which results in her dried up husk.

5. lukefromcanada 3 Jul 2013, 12:16am

these right wing nutjos ALWAYS conveniently forget that gay people have kids when they bring up the rights of children. Children have a right to a stable happy home regardless of their parents sexuality. One thing about gay parents, the child will always be planned and thus more likely to be loved and nurtured and more successful than one whose parents neglect or resent

1. I usually laugh at her but this time she’s p**ssed me off.

“Concerned parents would be wise in same-sex parents states to remove your children from the public schools, things are about to get very oppressive for people of faith.”

She is basically acknowledging that gay people have kids but that straight kids need to be takem away from them. WTF???!!

Am I just being a sensitive mamma bear or is this what she is actually saying?

6. GulliverUK 3 Jul 2013, 12:27am

It impossible for me to comprehend that people with such warped insane views exist — and yet the truth is, they do. Imagine being married to that – a one-man (women) band, her husband even provides most of the funds to keep her going — now there … is devotion, or stupidity, or fear of challenging her.

In the old days they would drill holes in these peoples heads to let the craziness out – she’s lucky she doesn’t live in those times. Instead, large doses of a anti-psychotic drug are recommended. She makes me sick.

1. This gingbat lives here in Columbus. Her husband is known to be a familiar face (and ass) at the gay bath house near their neighborhood. They’re both very confused people.

7. These rightwing religious fundamentalists appear to be experiencing unbearable levels of verbal flatulence!

Gaviscon sales must be going through the roof!

1. Sorry Martyn…scrolling on my mobile and accidentally hit the report button.

1. No probs Jake – I have the same problem on my mobile too.

8. I know people like this can be trouble but I really can’t help but laugh at anything she says.

9. As a person who has demonstrated by actions her lack of humanitarianism, she’s hardly qualified to speak as a moralist.

10. John in Toronto Canada 3 Jul 2013, 6:28am

And “what” pray tell, do christians know so exclusively about “truth”? They pick their own, make up some more and ignore the rest.

I’m getting so fed-up with right-wing social drivel. They want to round up all the gays and ship us to an island? I may yet peacefully volunteer just to end the sound of the intellectually-void flatulence that escapes the lips of self-righteous, fear-ridden biddies like this. I grew-up with a shrew for a mother just like her. They know nothing about “truth”. They’re willfully blind and obnoxiously sure of their own solution to everyone’s lives. The ever-flapping answer to a question no one would even ask them because they’re so hate-filled and judgmental and pious.
    Sick! I tell you. They need to stop talking and listen for a change.

11. Colin (London) 3 Jul 2013, 7:53am

My goodness. Who is this woman that she would stop people from a full loving life bringing up children and contributing to society.

She spouts separateness, fear, living in the past. To me we need to stop giving people like her airspace or column inches. Lets highlight all the good. Lets find a balance of the good stories where kids are lovingly brought up by gay parents. Focus on the good and leave this type of person to her hate and ego.

Sad ignorant woman.

12. The woman would not know love and understanding if it sat on her face and wriggled.

She uses religion as a mask for her blatant homophobia and lies.

If she has any children, I really do pity them.

13. Jock S. Trap 3 Jul 2013, 9:37am

Children suffer most because of nasty bigoted people like Linda Harvey who constantly feel it’s right to hide behind children and use them as an excuse for their own discrimination.

14. Everyone needs to realise that English is a rich and varied tongue which is often spoken in obscure dialects little understood outside the subcultures which employ them. This lady’s utterances are a case in point. ‘Children will be denied access to truth’ is, in more standard varieties, best rendered as ‘children will be less easily inculcated with religiously inspired hateful bilge’.

15. What or who’s thruth?

16. I can only hope, for their sake, that she doesn’t have children of her own.

17. Richard the Big Bunny 4 Jul 2013, 2:13am

Gawd … just *die* … she makes me think it’s 1986.