Westboro Baptist Church to picket One Direction concert for being ‘fag-enabling peverts’

1. When will the US Government actually ban this organisation?

1. Hopefully never. They denigrate religion more than I ever could. They are just THE experts at humiliating all the other god botherers. Any religionist should feel uncomfortable watching their antics.

Long may they continue to bring religion into disrepute. They personify what religion truly is by holding a huge magnifying glass above their heads to enlarge all the greasy blackhead filled pores of their toxic faith.

2. the usa cannot ban most organizations, no matter how ugly and repulsive their ideas. only if they cross the line into criminal actions can the government act.

our first amendment guarantees near-absolute freedom of speech, especially political speech. these morons, like the KKK, neo-nazis, holocaust deniers, racial separatists and their ilk are protected so long as all they do is talk and they do not preach the violent overthrow of the u.s. government.

that is the price we all have to pay in the usa for our precious first amendment rights.

2. That There Other David 28 Jun 2013, 5:59pm

LOL. WBC must be bored of trying to make little girls cry. One Direction should do a special concert at that rainbow house across the street from where the Phelp’s live :-)

1. I am sure that if the rainbow house across from the church decided to have a “block party” with or without One Direction I would suggest they have as their theme Shirley Bassey’s “Lets get this party started” Because it would turn out to be a party to shame all others. Let the pink lemon aid flow, because with the likely hood of the national guard, pflag parents. Most segments of US society have an axe to grind with WBC that.s one block party that could swell to the size of Glastonbury very fast!

3. “They glamorize sin and make a mock of God’s standards. Their one purpose is to encourage the youth of this generation to pursue every lust their evil hearts can imagine.”

Wow. I had never heard of them. Where can I get tickets?

4. WBC isnt going to know what hit them, a mob of enraged one directioners could give the red army a run for their money.

1. jamestoronto 29 Jun 2013, 6:29am

Or put another way — Hell hath no fury than a thousand screaming teens!!

5. Midnighter 28 Jun 2013, 6:21pm

Almost makes me feel the WBC should receive a commendation from LGBT advocacy organisations – they do so much to galvanise and unite opinion in support of our community, its wonderfully ironic.

6. oh please, if anything, WBC should picket that concert for being awful music! I think that’s far more of an affront to God than any of the other tripe they spew.

7. All the girls will kill them ^^ There will be BLOOD. xDDD

1. I would pay to see 50,000 pre-teen girls taking on the WBC! ;-)

2. I have a hunch that WBC wouldn’t object to a mild amount of plastic bottle throwing if it means they can instigate yet another frivolous lawsuit, most likely suing the venue for personal injury and “not protecting their first amendment rights”. Frivolous lawsuits appear to be WBC’s primary source of income:

That said I would pay good money for a front row seat to watch a rampaging mob of One Direction fans tear them limb from limb like the undead hoardes in a George A Romero movie!

1. We wouldn’t be throwing bottles. We’d be throwing things more like uhh knives, pieces of metal, cars. Don’t underestimate a bunch of screaming fangirls.

8. how funny the fag haters are off to see one direction no doublt some of those young fag haters will be pissing their knickers when they see the boys :)

9. white squirrel 28 Jun 2013, 8:24pm

“They glamorize sin’
    as does WBC

and make a mock of God’s standards.
    as does WBC

as does WBC

if 1 D are ‘evil’ then its a good thing WBC dont know what I get up to

10. I’ve never felt so warmly towards One Direction and their fans!!!

11. If they glamourise ‘sin,’ is it because most fundies have unkempt bad hair, badly colour co-ordinated clothing, body image problems, ill-fitting footwear and are just generally seriously aesthetically challenged..???

12. Oh well done PN, publicising the ridiculous WBC’s movements yet again.

You’ve got to hand it to the WBC, for a group made up of only some 80 or so people in a southern US backwater, they certainly know how to generate publicity.

13. They touch each other’s bottoms? So, if I shook hands with one of them, it would be like touching every bottom he’s ever touched, right?

I’m ready.

14. keith francis farrell 29 Jun 2013, 9:12am

I wonder how much longer the people of the USA will allow this hatefuled church to continue, and why do they have a charity tax status. They only teach hate

15. Jock S. Trap 29 Jun 2013, 9:18am

Er… Crazy says what now?

16. I think One Direction have more followers than do the Westboro Baptists.
    GAME OVER!

17. These people are desperate, they want someone to react violently against them so they can play the victim.

Adults haven’t given them what they want so now the are going after teens knowing they are more likely to react strongly against them.

1. Agreed…
      Specifically they want someone they can sue once they lash out in retalition –
      Why our neighbours across the pond can’t see they’re being played for suckers by litigious trolls expoliting the first amendment as a giant moneymaking scam is anyone’s guess

18. When you preach hate at the service, those words aren’t anointed, and that holy water you soak in is now poisoned. “God loves all his children” is somehow forgotten, yet we paraphrase a book written 3,500 years ago. I don’t know. All I’m gonna say is that I’m a proud, bi-sexual, Christian. I’ve gone to church WITH my girlfriend. And nobody ever thought of me different.

19. Please stop writing about Westboro. We’ve seen them, yes they are nutters, but EVERYONE thinks that about them. It’s now time to move on and reporting every bloody stupid thing they say is a waste of your and our time.

LGBT people have spent enoughy time and energy on this very very tiny group of idiots.