Liberace’s ex-lover claims he had six year relationship with Michael Jackson

1. Even as a kid, I couldn’t look at him. His looks and his voice made my skin crawl, and at that time I was more facisnated with TV’s cowboy and George Reeves as the original Superman. Liberace never did anything for me!

2. Marcwebbo3 19 Jun 2013, 7:05am

This guy should crawl back under the rock he came from….money grabber….Thriller was made in the 80s not the 70s so dont believe a word he says

3. Penniless convicted theif suddenly has a story to sell. Who would have guessed it. I don’t believe him.

4. I’m with David on this one.
    Facinating as his story is, Scott Thornson is an unreliable witness.
    The guy got hooked on ‘medicinal’ cocaine as a weightloss drug whilst with Liberace, dabbled in ex-gay therapy for a while and has already blown the cash from selling the movie rights.
    His personal life is a carcrash.
    In interviews those that know him say you shouldn’t take anything he says at face value.
    Suddenly asserting a 6 year relationship with MJ no-one else witnessed (whilst always possible)smacks of milking his autobiography as a cash cow.
    I wish him well but he needs to get his head straight and get help.

5. That There Other David 19 Jun 2013, 10:10am

Amazing how everyone else involved in this story is conveniently dead and unable to refute it isn’t it?

Colour me sceptical.

6. Bailed out of jain on Sunday, makes up a story on Monday, sells it to the Sun on Tuesday, claims underpayment for movie on Wednesday. What a charlatan. I suspect the money earned from the newspaper will go towards lawyers to sue the movie producers, then the money earned from that will be more than enough to pay back the Sun once it’s proved what utter B***s**t he’s talking.

7. This news is about five days old. It was on the daily mail ages ago. Catch up Pink News!

8. Robert in S. Kensington 19 Jun 2013, 11:51am

I saw this film while on holiday in New York last month. The acting was very good but I didn’t much care for the actual content, there were no surprises of course, all very predictable. It’s just an exercise in garishness and perpetuating stereotypes Hard to imagine that in his heyday, many women who were the majority of his fans didn’t believe Liberace was gay. It will probably appeal more to heterosexuals and those who exploit this sort of thing to promote homophobia.considering he died of AIDS. Ironically, Thorson is now being treated for colon cancer.

1. Spanner1960 19 Jun 2013, 4:10pm

Well imagine it. You have to realise that 40 years ago, homosexuality was considered both rare and disgusting. Had Liberace been outed back then, he would have got much the same treatment as Jimmy Savile had recently. Not only that, Liberace had fought and won a number of libel cases that questioned his sexuality, he intentionally had numerous women hanging off his arm to help cover his tracks, and he was the richest entertainer in the world, bar none, including Elvis and Sinatra.

9. Bit old for Jacko, wouldn’t he have been?

1. john lyttle 19 Jun 2013, 3:18pm

Embryos were too old for Jacko

10. john lyttle 19 Jun 2013, 3:17pm

I bet he went three way with Bubbles.

11. Let’s put this into some perspective:- Michael Douglas and Matt Damon as Liberace and Thorson make Ian McKellan and Derek Jacobi in Vicious look like Starsky and Hutch!

1. Lee was a great man who unfortunately was introduced to Scott who sold his body to get what he wanted. He used and abused people but more importantly embellished the truth. 1981 he was with Lee in England when he did his European tour and he was associating with Michael Jackson during that time and have the photos as evidence. It wasn’t quit an affair as he puts it which shows he just embellishes the truth and only wrote the book and outed Michael after they both had died, that says it all he is out to make money. As Lee said not only did he take cocaine but dealt in it and he has been proven to be a liar a cheat and thief….. that was all said before he died and before the palimony case. Now that says it all guys

1. I don’t think Liberace or Michael Jackson can be accused of ever dealing 100% in reality either. By most yardsticks their public AND private lives were bonkers! Wealthy, powerful and surrounded with people who only said yes, like Michael Jackson’s last attending physician, their version of the truth is just as distorted. Do I trust their accounts more than Thorson’s? No. They had reputation to protect and wealth to lose.

The three people here all had their own agendas and demons. Two of them were very able to control access to their private lives. The other was someone, fairly vulnerable who at a young age Liberace brought into his world and who decided he wasn’t going out again without trying to grab a slice of it. For sure, he’s not someone I’d trust with my life and some of the fine details probably don’t stand too much scrutiny, but if he said he had a relationship with Michael Jackson I don’t find it hard to believe. If I was down on my skids and had that story I’d sell it too.

2. I don’t think Liberace or Michael Jackson can be accused of ever dealing 100% in reality either. By most yardsticks their public AND private lives were bonkers! Wealthy, powerful and surrounded with people who only said yes, like Michael Jackson’s last attending physician, their version of the truth is just as distorted. Do I trust their accounts more than Thorson’s? No. They had wealth to lose and reputations to protect.

12. Suddenly Last Bummer 19 Jun 2013, 6:22pm

I’m assuming he was the top in both the relationship with Liberace and with Jacko.

1. Hey it’s Breakfast time in Australia! That’s an image I really didn’t need for the day LOL

13. “Slander – with the voice you choose. You’re a parasite in black & white do anything for news.” We see prison did not reform this excuse for a car crash. Send him back to jail. He’s nothing but a roach dropping of a liar.