Lord Tebbit: I wouldn’t have been surprised if Jimmy Savile was homosexual

1. Umm no he was a hetrosexual peadophile. You evil dumb fûck

1. Christopher Coleman 16 Jun 2013, 1:54am

True, but for a man like Tebbit, someone who likes young girls is a homosexual, because that is the only abuse word he knows. He would surely apply the term to someone who broke into his house and stole the silver. The truth about people usually shows in old age, when the guard is down. I wonder how many people in power today will turn out to be crazy loons when they can no longer hide behind good manners. How many of us might time unravel in the same way? Frightening thought, ain’t it?

2. Robert in S. Kensington 15 Jun 2013, 12:12pm

Mmmm, I think there’s something weird about a man who claims he’s a polygamist but barred from becoming one.

I strongly urge to something else too, go top himself, ignorant loon.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 15 Jun 2013, 12:14pm

….oops…I strongly urge him to do something else too….

2. Robert, I would like Tebbit to disappear too, but I will not sink to the level of wishing that he would suicide, that would make us no better than the terrible man that he is. We gays, as a group need to be inscrutable otherwise these homophobes will use these cheap shots against us. We need to be disciplined.

1. Olympic Athlete 13 Aug 2013, 7:07am

He is not a terrible man. Tebbit is a clear-headed logical man whose opinions are worth listening to. You should learn from him.,And that is not what inscrutable means either.
        You are a pack of ignorant, stupid perverts and what you do is disgusting.

3. during the interview, Lord Tebbit also mentioned that in his youth “you’d not see two male Stegosaurus doing this homosexual thing, it was simply not proper”.

When asked if this was before or after the ‘K/T Event’ Lord Tebbit seemed flustered and wandered off muttering about tar pits and trilobites.

4. bobbleobble 15 Jun 2013, 12:17pm

It’s hard to know where to begin with stupidity like this but if ignorance really is bliss then Tebbit must be one of the happiest men ever.

I’d love to know his definition of homophobia if he doesn’t think his views count.

5. Just keep digging that grave Lord Tebbit and hopefully, before long you will be joining that other dinosaur from your party Maggie!

You are a vile, homophobic relic who has no place in modern politics.

6. It’s interesting, if depressing, to see that Tebbit’s extraordinary, malevolent stupidity is matched by his wife.

1. Christopher in Canada 15 Jun 2013, 12:45pm

Like minds tend to seek each other out in life.

7. Christopher in Canada 15 Jun 2013, 12:45pm

You can’t fix stupid.

8. That There Other David 15 Jun 2013, 12:47pm

This explains everything you need to know about Tebbit and his opposition to us. He thinks we’re paedophiles.

Nasty ignorant piece of crap can’t now die quick enough as far as I’m concerned. The planet is better off without him.

9. Techiechick 15 Jun 2013, 12:50pm

Why do bigots always use the polygamy thing? if a man wants to marry many wives it is still heterosexual,gay people do not want to marry more than one person,just the one person they are in love with as heterosexual people already have the right to do!
    So this guy can sense that someone is gay can he…hmmm ok.

10. Just when you thought this vile old fossil couldn’t get any douchier…

And you gotta love Lady Tebbit: “But he had a homosexual air about him,”
    Those two are made for each other.

11. Commander Thor 15 Jun 2013, 1:27pm

Living fossils :-D

If they had any credibility left, this should take care of it. It’s scary that he can vote on legislation though.

12. Sister Mary Clarence 15 Jun 2013, 1:29pm

Thank you Lord Tebbit, every time you open you rancid mouth to spew foul comments you embody the fallacy of the anti-equality argument.

13. What an old C U N T

1. We have a right to be angry and indignant, but this kind of comment doesn’t do our cause any good. Keep it clean and disciplined.

1. Beelzeebub 15 Jun 2013, 9:58pm

Why. Tebbit clearly isn’t’

2. mind your own business 16 Jun 2013, 9:45pm

f u c k wit

2. ...a talent to abuse. 15 Jun 2013, 4:12pm

I think you have described him perfectly.. No further comments about him are necessary.

14. Jock S. Trap 15 Jun 2013, 1:36pm

What a disgusting individual.

That such young and vulnerable people should have to listen to him is beyond words or reason.

Just vile!

15. What the hell is wrong with these evil bigots? Seriously will this man face ANY censure for this crap?

16. Why is this vile old git allowed to say these things – he is as hateful as any racist, of anti semitic – yet no one arrests him for hate speech!

17. Complete identification of their deepest fears and prejudices projected malevolently into ‘homosexuals’.

What an ending to a life, sinking back into the dark, shredding the wisdom of age into a million tiny shards of hate.

18. Clearly completely barking. Can he not be banned from the House on grounds of complete insanity?

19. GulliverUK 15 Jun 2013, 2:30pm

He was never a nice person or likable when he was younger, and age seems to have disagreed with him badly, he’s become more loathing — of everyone, not just us, and his attention-seeking is reaching epic proportions – I think he’s not well and should see a doctor – there’s medication for that now, and no need to bore the rest of us with his thoughts.

ps. Most of the children he abused were girls, and he was a patron of the Tory party – what does that say about people in the Tory party – that their all pedophiles ? Perhaps Tebbit was involved in this – who’s to know. Those who should the loudest and try to smear others are often hiding something.

1. ‘I wouldn’t have been surprised if I found out that Norman Tebbit is the reincarnated spirit of Adolf Hitler.’

Whilst I understand the sentiment, this kind of comment is silly and does not do our cause any good. Keep your comments factual, mature and disciplined otherwise we are not better than them Silly comment. We should not give these people ammunition to use against us.

1. GulliverUK 15 Jun 2013, 4:18pm

Some people are driven to control others, what they do, what rights they can have, how they can be, how they can think, an authoritarian dictatorial stance, no different from Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and whilst we might live a couple of generations away from that time make no mistake that if Tebbit was there, and in a position of authority, at that time, he would probably have been a very nasty brutal dictator. Even now he spreads lies and tries to demonise us — whilst next to this article is an advert telling us not to accept homophobic abuse and report it to the police – only in Tebbits case nobody will do that. Yet if he’d said the same about blacks, asians or some other group he’d have been taken to task for his views. He is pilloried, like Lord Carey and the others, but until sufficient numbers of people come forward and say .. NO, STOP, we’re not going to allow this sort of abuse by people in the papers, former or current law-makers, or Lords/Baronesses, then it won’t stop.

1. GulliverUK 15 Jun 2013, 4:22pm

p.s. I think hearing his abusive remarks most people who are gay would be upset. What might be more upsetting is the mobbing-style of how they are delivered, in print, in national newspapers, for all to see. If one person says to one other something abusive it is different to seeing it in print, understanding that has been put about across the UK and beyond (such is the nature of the Internet).

Whilst most people will find his remarks ignorance and abusive, and nasty and hateful, he also acts as a rallying cry for that small group of similarly-minded thugs, which is not helpful to society as a whole. It’s nothing short of whipping up hatred and inciting hatred of us.

2. Great stuff Gulliver, a much more reasoned argument which garners much more credibility than saying Tebbit is the ‘re-incarnation of Hitler’. I was saying Tebbit should not be criticised or caaled to account, but using the Hitler or Nazi label too readily is often taken for being an extreme or lazy response – we have to save some of your powerful ammunition for the really bad (Tebbit is bad, but he is not the worst) and for future argument. Let us criticise him HEAVILY and ROBUSTLY but we need to keep our arguments clear, clean so as not to give the likes of Tebbit cause to ridicule us because we have used cheap shots and poorly stated or reasoned arguments.

Despite his protestations that he is not homophobic, his action and words, as outlined in this article would indicate otherwise. I think Tebbit is a vile, vindictive man with an unfathomable fear and hate of homosexuals born of prejudice rather than reason.

Cheers :-)

2. Why do you feel the need to continually protect homophobes? This is not the Bunty letters page. If people want to express themselves colourfully, let them.

1. Sure, but such expressions lack credibility and are not taken seriously, that is all I am saying.

1. taken seriously by whom? Tebbit isn’t going to take notice of anything we say, even if it is polite.

20. When Tebbit and his wife were saved by the ambulance crew from a certain death following the IRA bomb in the Grand Hotel, Tebbit came out and thanked the local ambulance crews for saving his life.

Then was chauffeured back to London where his government under Maggie T swiftly set out about reducing ambulance staff’s pay and conditions.

What followed was the longest running Ambulance strike in the UK’s history.

The late Brian Murray, the ambulance man who at considerable risk to his own personal safety crawled under the rubble to save Tebbit and his wife, later went on a 3-day hunger strike protesting at the way Tebbit’s government had treated the ambulance staff.

Make no mistake about it, Tebbit is nasty, vile and the type of man who really shouldn’t be given any press coverage.

He’s similar in ethos and values as Fred Phelps.

1. Christopher Coleman 16 Jun 2013, 2:00am

Thatcher and all of her gang were total crap. I often wonder aloud, to the anger of my rather pacific partner, what exactly Fate had in store for us when she decided that the Kennedys and Martin Luther King were expendable, but Thatcher, Reagan and John Paul ll had a role to play in the world.

21. Repulsive, bigoted, ignorant old fossil. Give it a rest, Tebbit, because you are becoming boring and predictable.

22. What a helpful interview. Lies, ignorance and cartoon bigotry enough to shame all but the most hardened homophobes.

The “some of my best friends” crowd will be looking away nervously when Lord Tebbit next speaks on this in the Lords.

23. I think that bomb did more damage to this cadaverous old c**t than we suspected …

1. Sister Mary Clarence 15 Jun 2013, 4:56pm

Jesus mate – what are you, the thought police or something?

Can you maybe try to refrain from pulling people up about ‘inappropriate’ comments every time you disagree.

If you actually knew anything about traumatic brain injury you would be aware that Lord Tebbit is potentially exhibiting signs of brain injury – intolerance and use of inappropriate language are common features of brain injury. This could be attributed to degeneration caused by age, or a result of a traumatic injury.

Brain injury can also cause sexual inappropriateness (and I just know you’ll love this) ….. I’m just counting the days til he gets caught on camera with his c0ck up a pony …. and I just know that if he ever does, he’ll twist it round somehow to being our fault.

1. “Jesus mate – what are you, the thought police or something?”

No, just trying to make our cause more effective.

As to the comments about Tebbit having traumatic brain injury, play the ball, not the man. If we focus on what he says and not bring in other issues that can be disputed (unless you have professional medical evidence/advice to the contrary). Tebbit is a gift, he says so many stupid things he is easy to discredit.

1. Sister Mary Clarence 16 Jun 2013, 8:05am

As for comments about Tebbit having traumatic brain injury … I didn’t say he did have.

I did however say that he is potentially exhibiting signs of it. I also said that his behaviour could be attributed to the degeneration of the brain caused by aging.

2. ‘I think its important when commenting on other people’s postings that you read them carefully first.’

Sister Mary Clarence, point taken. My sincere apologies.

2. I do not have a cause.

I simply request that through the money extorted from my well earned money in taxes I have the same rights as the heterosexual bugger next door whom I support in my taxes.

Not much to ask. Is it.

And I will be as mouthy as I bloody like in the process.

You are NOT the arbiter of comment and opinion.

How dare you.

Being fluffy gets you the back of the bus.

1. ‘You are NOT the arbiter of comment and opinion.’

Indeed I am not, but what I want our case to be successful and using cheap shots is not the way to be successful.

‘Being fluffy gets you the back of the bus.’

I disagree. The gay movement has been very successful because of the way way that we have mounted the Gay Marriage campaign i.e. as an ‘equal rights’ issue (as it certainly is) rather than demanding it just because we want it and calling our opponents insulting names. We cannot allow ourselves to be seen or labelled as powerless victims but using abusive terms leaves us looking like victims.

We have to remember that they currently hold the position of power over us and consequently they set the rules, whether we like it or not. Our best strategy is to use those rules against them until we have the power. As their argument is flawed, we will ultimately win through the strength of our case and quality of our argument, not through hurling abuse.

All I want is to win.

1. Beelzeebub 16 Jun 2013, 8:56pm

Whilst I agree with your premise, sometimes you have to give back as good as you get.

I have 47 years at this, and I am tired of wooly mouthed crap.

24. isn’t Tebbit dead yet?

1. Yes. Yes he is.

2. Yes, braindead.

25. Ch Brighton 15 Jun 2013, 3:35pm

I wouldn’t have been surprised if Jimmy Savile was Norman Tebbit.

26. From a cursory browse of the Internet, it would seem that many wouldn’t be surprised if some of Lord Tebbitt’s former 1980s era party colleagues were paedophiles.

27. Lord Tebbit is such a studly straight man, I bet he has to fight off the ladies as they go crazy for his rugged manly allure.

28. Oh! where to start with this level of ignorance and stupidity.
    The stubborn holding on to error and missinformation that is evident in this interview is the signature of a bigot.
    He is so convinced of his own opinion that NO amount of contrary or inconsistant information at variance with those opinions will move them.
    I am horrified this man was a government minister at the heart of power.
    A most enlightening interview into the thought processes of a vile homophobe.
    Thanks for helping our cause for equality Mr. Tebbit.

29. If we needed proof that Thatcher’s regime was pure evil, here is the unapologetic face of it. And the wife is as ad. You’d tbi leaving her legs blown off by the IRA would have made her more compassionate. It’s sickening he’s in the Lords.

1. Spellchecker nightmare but you get the gist.

30. Dear Lord Tebbit,
    Get on your bike and go pedal off!
    Your relevance in today’s society is marginal at best. Your views and attitudes are from a historical period that thankfully is long gone. Society has evolved and grown – but then you and your ilk never considered yourselves part of society, did you? So you’ll pardon us if we just laugh at you quaint intolerance and get on with working towards a world where equality and diversity are celebrated not shamed and stigmatized as they were in your day.

31. He’s an old man whose views and mindset is rooted in another millennia and has now ossified… there’s no hope for any insight, discernment or empathy with these types. Let him rail on if it gives him, at his age, a sense of purpose. :P

1. this would be fine if he was just rambling on to the poor sod who empties his commode, but he is talking this senile nonsense to the Press as if his opinion is valid.

32. Go Tebbit!! You just can’t stop him, you can only gasp in amazement and he just carries on.
    I think he’s a champion for the equality movement. He wears his vileness so openly. I much prefer him to the homophobes who know how hide behind civility

1. Absolutely, every time he opens his mouth he convicts himself, but as you say the real dangerous ones are the unseen, unheard silent homophobes.

33. And the schneidy inference is, Norman…?
    Keith.
    SALFORD

34. Now, without wanting to be politically correct, there seems to be curious overlap between Tories and paedophiles.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t have been surprised to find Savile was a Tory and, like Lord Tebbit, a dear friend of Margaret Thatcher. Oh wait, he was.

35. just to reiterate James! at the top… savile was a heterosexual paedophile who voted tory all his life. the connection is not wasted on me, norman.

36. Jeremy Jones 15 Jun 2013, 8:55pm

Erm Did anyone else notice the little dig about “mixed race couples” mabe he’s past his sell by date..

37. Well lord tebbit, I would have been very surprised if saville was a homosexual because he spent his whole life abusing young girls and women. Maybe he should read the news before he comments on it, Of course a bigot will always alter the facts to suit their view.

1. Oh dear,,,I’ve pressed the wrong button and given you a thumbs down. I’m on iPad and its my big, fat fingers. I meant to give thumbs up. Sorry. Good comment anyway. :)

38. Is it just me or are Tebbit and Baroness Knight engaged in a competition to see which of them can come across as the most barking mad?

1. my computer is going mad. this posted in the wrong thread. take no notice. As for Tebbit/Knight, I think she’s the nuttiest of the two, but it’s a fine line.

39. I wouldn’t be surprised if Norman Tebbitt was sexually impotent. He has an air of impotence about him anyway.

40. Because shagging lots of young women is what all homosexual men do. W*nker.

41. This old evil bigot should get on his bike and do something else……and what’s with his equally bigoted wife ” But he had a homosexual air about him” it’s the same old nasty tories trying to equate paedophilia with gay people or maybe trying to deflect another possibility. The tory bigots doth protest too much me thinks!

42. This man has always embodied the evil and bigotry of a self-important deluded fool. That he and his objectionable wife insult the women who suffered at the hands of Savile and others along with gay men by suggesting Savile was homosexual is just typical.
    Thankfully, he won’t be around all that long.

43. Gary Farrimond 16 Jun 2013, 10:48am

Having read the article and then rereading the piece it makes no logical sense whatsoever. That said when did Tebbit ever make any logical sense! It would appear in the world according to Lord Tebbit that Homosexuality is responsible for everything from the start of World War 2 to the actions of a Hetrosexual Paedophile!

This personage is in the House of Lords and, albeit in a small way, has input on potential laws. Its scares me that a man like this with a very questionable take on the world is in this position. This article, to me at least, suggests Lord Tebbit is unhinged.

44. I don’t even know why people are interested in interviewing or reading about what this senile dinosaur has to say. I agree with him, I don’t think he is a homophobe. I think he is mentally ill, obsessive and delusional, lost all sense of rational thought and should be in care.

1. I think you’ve nailed it Graham.

45. Tebbit’s point about speeding only holds if some people aren’t allowed to travel at 120mph. The fact is, no one is allowed to. Prejudice mushes the brain.

46. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lord Tebbit retired soon from public life due to chronic diarrhoea of the mouth.

47. “Norman Tebbit was also a friend of Jimmy Savile, so much so that he was invited to his funeral. They apparently became friends through Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Tebbit is quoted as saying of Savile: ‘Jimmy was more than just a nice chap – he was a remarkably sharp and thoughtful man.’”

48. “So Thatcher minister Edwina Currie is saying that Norman Tebbit, a key aide and Secretary of State to Margaret Thatcher, allowed a known paedophile (Peter Morrison widely-known within the party and elsewhere) to be appointed a deputy chairman of the Conservative Party on his watch.

Tebbit likes to claim the moral high ground but we need some serious answers to serious questions about why he, Margaret Thatcher and her other key aides and ministers like Willie Whitelaw, Leon Brittan and Lord McAlpine did not expose this well-known paedophile to police and public instead of giving him jobs in the party and government and allowing him to be right in there among Thatcher’s inner circle for 15 years.”
    (Link to article in my previous post)

49. Wow, where do you even start with this loon?

50. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Norman Tebbitt was.
    Most men have dabbled & he’ll be no exception.
    Who do they think they’re kidding, these cardinals…these popes….these politicos…these princes?
    They don’t kid me.
    They all sh!t, pi$$ and fert the same as I do and are subject to the same foibles and will all end in ash the same as I will.
    There’s not one of them worth giving the time of day to.
    Keith.
    SALFORD

51. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tebbit was.

52. If this man’s soul was on display it would need to be hidden in the attic, riddled with so much rot and hypocrisy. Absolutely disgusting excuse for a human being. Carting a disabled wife around does not maketh a good man. Like every bad skeksi, this one will crumble and wither taking all the prejudice of his generation with him. That time shall not come too soon.

53. Is this old git still alive???

54. Olympic Athlete 13 Aug 2013, 7:00am

Jimmy Savile was BISEXUAL and molested hundreds of little boys. He was one of you, one of the LGBTs so Tebbit is correct.
    His arguments are correct about marriage as well. Marriage is the union of a man to a woman. Anyone who can’t understand that is stupid. Tebbit is certainly not an ignorant loon, but the illiterate people who read, write and believe Pink News merit that description,
    You can’t even spell “hetrosexual peadophile.”
    And the comments calling for him to commit suicide are sickening. they reveal that you are twisted people.