Scottish trans woman ‘forced’ to leave town after she was branded a ‘witch’

1. My heart go out to you. You deserved nothing but love, kindness and celebration for who you are.

I feel sad for those people and the hatred they hold. Intent to cause harm is a double edge sword that wounds the one welding it first and deepest. No strength or organic feelings of goodness towards self can be obtains through acting with hate or any intent to harm others.

2. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the massive amount of support and acceptance that I get from friends, family and work. It’s so sad that some trans people have to go through such hell just to be themselves, their courage astounds me!

3. thelostdot 13 Jun 2013, 7:25pm

I see the dreaded security guards are at it as usual – probably the thickest most bigoted human beings I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. As a post-op TS about 80% of the problems i have had has been from security workers, even down to them trying to tell lies (tried to get CCTV from a camera nearby, but unfortunately it wasn’t pointed in the right direction). Even a complaint to ITV about a security guard who was balatantly discriminatory brought a “can’t be bothered” response. About time something was done to stop security staff trying to bully minorities.

4. I’m really sorry you have had to suffer this Stephanie.
    It takes lots of self knowledge and determination and , yes, courage to be your true self.
    Thanks for sharing and bringing this horrible experience of bigotry and hatred to our attention.

Best wishes
    Kathryn

5. Although i’m not transgendered , my best friend is and everytime we go out in London in the daytime especially, I prepare myself for abuse from idiots and I can feel her anxiety at the prospect that everyone she pass’s walking down oxford street is a potential enemy. The usual sniggering, laughing, abuse and threats can be very draining on one’s psyche. She is inspirational in the mass of adversity. Trans peoples are my Heros.

1. Ask your friend to buy a camera and film the idiots. At my old job there was a trans woman and on my first day people were gossiping. I let them know I was cool with her and they soon shut up.

1. She did , but it’s of no purpose,to have to film random abusers throughout the day, every day, as these are not occasional, isolated incidents but very frequent, which would be impossible to monitor . And even if she went to the police with footage of abuse from random people, nothing is done. In a work environment , there are protections for trans people and other workers may be wary of causing harassment because of this.

1. Put it on you tube and shame them

1. This is a societal problem, which won’t be solved by youtube and it would only be a means of exposing one random abuser out of many more from a particular day etc, and judging from the homophobic/transphobic commentary on youtube, I doubt they would feel shamed.

6. Christopher in Canada 13 Jun 2013, 10:07pm

Witches have magical powers… always remember that. It’s time you turned some idiots into toads.

7. I haven’t had the privilege of knowing any trans people, so I find it difficult to imagine what it’s like in these situations.

I have seen transgender people in the street and instinctively smiled at them, some nod and smile back, I hope this is taken as kindness that combats the negativity.

People who judge based on ignorance need to take a good long look in the mirror

8. alwaysniceman 14 Jun 2013, 1:05am

Great Britain should not be allowed into the EU

9. GulliverUK 14 Jun 2013, 7:42am

I come from a small town in Cornwall, it’s beautiful, and most of the people I went to school with are still there, but I wouldn’t dream of living there, because for me it would be oppressive, somewhat parochial and just wouldn’t allow me to live openly. My family are all down there and I miss not having them around, but for me, large metropolitan areas are where there are larger gay populations, gay pubs/bars, activities for us, support groups, Gay Pride events, etc. I know that’s not so important for everybody, but it is for me. People here don’t care if you’re gay or not – that’s not likely to be so true in a small town.

1. That’s not necessarily true, there is a lot of homophobia/transphobia in metropolitan areas. There may be larger gay populations in bigger cities but that does not detract that there are also more homophobes.

2. I agree, I would feel so isolated in a small town.

3. I understand your shame. Although homosexuality is legal, just as s,c,@.,t is legal, many are ashamed that they carry out d,e’via’nt practices.

Why else would you feel the need to hide your p.erversions? I thought you male homosexual types had ‘Pride’ in the fact that that you are attracted to the an.us ( a filthy place where disease resides).
      Exactly which part of being homosexual makes one proud? Dispropo..rtionate diseases or disprop.ortionate promiscuity? Perhaps it is the unioquely homosexual pastime of infesting our public toilets (where there are innocent children) for the purposes of illegal importuning?

1. sound like someone has some kinky stuff on their mind ;)

10. This is so sad. Would never happen in my part of Scotland. Just awful. :(

11. hoomoodeviance. detector. 14 Jun 2013, 12:59pm

Those with the mental disease gender dysphoria should be counselled, not accomodated. We don’t pretend that those with the mental disease lycanthrope are actually animals so why should we pretend that those born male are female?
    To be female you need a female brain (vastly different from the male) ovaries, a womb, a real vagina and real breasts that are designed to produce milk.
    You cannot be female just because you like wearing dresses, cooking and make up.
    These freaks need to get a grip and stop insisting on using female locker rooms and toilets where there are little vulnerable girls.
    Going along with the pretense only makes the situation worse.

1. suck my balls you cúnt

2. Jen Marcus 14 Jun 2013, 1:15pm

And you, “troll”, are a complete idiot that doesn’t know a “damn thing” about science and medicine! Go to school and get and education

1. homoodeviance causes moral decay 14 Jun 2013, 2:58pm

So which of my statements is not based in fact then? I am smart enough to know that homosexuality has no benefit to society and clearly wiser than you since you seem oblivious to the fact that gender dysphoria is officially classed as a mental condition.

1. “I am smart enough to know that homosexuality has no benefit to society” — countering overpopulation, and fabulousness. Check, and mate (or don’t, depending on your orientation)!

1. homoodeviance causes moral decay 14 Jun 2013, 3:42pm

Homosexuality does not counter over population any more than me fasting counters obesity, unless you consider that AIDS and the resultant death are highly disproportionate amongst homosexuals. No, abstinence is what counters over population.
            If everyone were a homosexual, the human race would become extinct. Homosexuality does nothing to benefit society, it harms society with it’s immoral message , it’s sickly practices which are condemned in the bible and it’s subversion of innocent children who are often subject to homosexual propaganda.

2. Godless immorals 14 Jun 2013, 8:09pm

That is like saying I am fighting crime because I am not murdering anyone.
            IDIOT !!!

2. This link shows that a Trans woman can in fact breast feed

If you knew anything about SRS then you would know that it is impossible to tell a post op’s Trans womans vagina from a cis females.

Are you saying that a woman who has had her ovaries removed is not a woman?

I have just posted links to disprove everything that you have said. So take your “facts” and stick them up your A*se

1. homoodeviance causes moral decay 14 Jun 2013, 8:06pm

People born male do not have breasts, and do not produce milk for babies.Is that not clear to you?
            As regards ovaries, of ncourse you are still a woman if you have them removed. The point is that if you were born with a female reproductive system, female brain, breasts etc, you are woman whether you like it or not. If you don’t like it, you maty have the mental disorder ‘gender dysphoria’ but that does not make you a man since you do not possess that which defines the male. That is the male reproductive system, male brain, no breats, no periods etc etc.
            You may dress as a male and act as a male, you may even be come legally recognized as a male but you cannot alter the reality of the gender in which you were born. You will still have a female brain for instance.

3. So, if what you say is true, and I have met some mis-diagnosed trans people that should be institutionalised, you are advocating harassing mentally disabled people? What sort of neo-Nazi scum are you? Remember the Fiona Pilkington case, I suppose you think that type of thing is funny.

1. homoo-deviance causes moral decay. 15 Jun 2013, 9:30pm

I am not advocating harassment neither would any objective person glean that from my post. I advocate psychological counselling, not accommodation. Surely it is the victims of the trannies that are being harassed, you know, grown men in dresses and make up going into toilets and locker rooms where there are REAL females (including little girls) with female chromosones, real vaginas, real breasts, ovaries, wombs, female brains etc etc, you know , all the things that actually make up a REAL actual physical female. Not a wannabe.

2. ho.moo-devi.ance causes moral d'ecay. 15 Jun 2013, 9:31pm

1. yeah let’s make all trans people go to doctors! where the current standard of care is transition and acceptance and not forcing them to change. sounds great to me

12. Disgraceful mass hysteria. I suffered a similar fate when Stephen Whittle ( yes THE Stephen Whittle ) started a smear campaign in my neighbourhood 17 years ago and I still get abuse, sometimes physical abuse, everyday even after moving home 3 times. You just can’t reason with nutters.