Graham Norton: I could never get married it would be too embarrassing

1. Yea !definitely not marriage material, unless one wanted his wealth.

2. On the other hand 11 Jun 2013, 11:37am

When you meet the right person, it’s not embarrassing to say you love them in front of other people, it’s an affirmation that this is the most important person in your life. Graham’s a great entertainer, so you wouldn’t expect him to be shy about this sort of thing, but it sounds like he is.

1. Lots of entertainers are painfully shy in real life. You can lose yourself in a public persona rather than bare your soul.

3. Good for him. Being single is as valid and worthy of respect as being married.

despite the gross discrimination single people face in terms of tax, cost of living etc.

4. Robert in S. Kensington 11 Jun 2013, 12:14pm

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer and an asinine statement in my view. He appears very self-absorbed. I suggest he gets into therapy to deal with his feeling of embarrassment to say ‘I love you’ in front of others. I wonder if he supports the Equal Marriage legislation though? Odd he didn’t comment on that.

1. Oh shut up the man was giving his opinion about his own life – try one!

It takes great skill – wit and fast thinking to host chat shows and present live TV – again and again Mr Norton has proved his intelligence and savvie – Not the Sharpest – and you I suppose are -

2. Or he needs real friends, if he feels oppressed/embarrassed in their presence . Maybe it’s best he did not comment on Marriage equality as he may have been used as an example not to allow us to marry by the anti marriage filth.

1. I’m pretty sure Graham is for gay marriage, he’s just saying it’s not for him. I have many straight friends who wouldn’t like to get married for the same reasons, it doesn’t mean they wouldn’t come to my wedding or support the marriage of others. Graham has been involved in many pro-gay media, so I think your comment is unfair.

5. Robert in S. Kensington 11 Jun 2013, 12:16pm

If any of you haven’t done so, please lobby a Lord. The Committee stage begins this coming Monday. We have until the third reading to make our support known. Don’t be complacent.

6. Don’t worry about it, lovey. I think most people would be too embarrassed to attend.

1. RUDE!!!!!!!

7. Christopher in Canada 11 Jun 2013, 12:37pm

Well, he never really did much for me… you British would say he’s not my cup of tea…

There’s a mate to every old shoe…

8. Not to be funny but…If one can not say “I love you” don’t expect them to say “I do”.

9. Oh Graham:

I thought I was the only one on the planet who feels as do you. Thanks for being so candid in your interview.

Love your show and watch it on BBC America.

10. Barry William Teske 11 Jun 2013, 3:22pm

Mr. Graham Norton, sir.
    I know you are used to giving advice but this time just listen (or read if you will).
    Look in a mirror and say ‘I love you’.
    Everyday until it becomes habit.
    And be honest.
    It will go a long way to creating inner happiness – which in turn attracts happiness.
    But if in any way this makes you want to stop entertaining forget the advice.

11. Maybe Graham doesn’t need love – I do -I suppose we’re all different.
    But assure him that when you look into the beautiful eyes and touch the soft warm skin of someone you love no on else in the room matters.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 11 Jun 2013, 6:38pm

….except the third guy holding the video camera!

12. Suddenly Last Bummer 11 Jun 2013, 6:35pm

What is it with quite attractive Canadian guys being attracted to toads like Elton and Graham Norton. Give me a mountie any day.

1. Oh Ms Froggie, the only way you’d get any attention from a mountie is if he was arresting you on some charge.

13. I use to say that. Then I met an amazing man. We’ll be celebrating our second wedding anniversary in a few weeks – lol