US radio host: Allowing gay Boy Scouts will mean ‘condom training and cross dressing members’

1. Marcwebbo3 31 May 2013, 4:48pm

And this stupid woman is off again spreading her BS….10/10 for entertainment value but 0/10 for the lies, hurt and damage she causes

2. I hope so. Condom training is a valuable skill, and not intuitively learned. Think of all the public health benefits! And it fits nicely with the boy scout motto, Be prepared.

3. How would she know all that? Ah, she, like Michelle Bachman, must talk to God. She ia serious mental case and a bigot. All her kool-aid drinkers will totally believe her too. A sad, pathetic part of what is wrong with the “Christian” right.

4. Michaelandfred 31 May 2013, 5:01pm

I didn’t know the Catholic Church allowed gay scouts, only heterosexual celibate priests. That thing I learned today….

5. The Catholic church was not harboring Gay Priests surely. .I thought it was paedophile priests. Who by the way were heterosexual men who were supposed to be celibate. Much like the Heterosexual paedophile men who were in recent times were caught molesting boy scouts. I don`t remember any cases of Homosexual men molesting boy scouts.

6. I really wish you guys would stop writing about this woman. Who is she? Why is what she’s saying so important? There are millions of idiots in the world, why do you pick this particular one and write articles upon articles about every single stupid thing she says? We would have never even heard of her if you didn’t keep reporting every single thing she says.

Sorry for the rant. I really wanted to get that off my chest.

1. The propaganda which Harvey peddles is extremely dangerous in a world in which so much ignorance about sexual diversity abounds. I share your obvious distaste for reading about the revolting nonsense which she spouts, but she is a powerful voice in many communities in the USA and she is doing untold damage. Pink News should stop reporting on her when her influence has passed, and not before.

1. I understand what you’re saying. I don’t know what influence this woman has in the States and having never heard of her outside of Pink News, I suspect it isn’t that great. It seems that with Pink News being chiefly a UK publication, they are actually promoting her in this country to the homophobes we know keep an eye on PN.

2. Sorry, I meant to say that I suspect her influence in the UK isn’t that great, I don’t know about the US

3. Not to mention (sorry if i go on and on) that if I were a young teen reading about this stuff, I would find it very distressing. The things this woman says are horrible and shouldn’t get this much coverage.

7. Midnighter 31 May 2013, 5:48pm

Ah, the pink mafia and our agenda again. Their. Their agenda. Oops. ‘_’

No wonder the bible is so down on other forms of the occult. I’d really like to try that cherry thing out they did on Witches of Eastwick for starters. She always reminds me of that nasty gossipy churchwoman they pull that one on.

“It will erode the Christian boy’s reliance on Scripture, his relationship with the real, living Almighty God and our Savior Jesus Christ.”
    Excellent. Let’s keep that goal in mind.

Its really tough to see things change from the way they were when you were a little boy, isn’t it Linda?

8. Christopher Coleman 31 May 2013, 5:56pm

Nothing wrong with condom training and sex education. As to cross dressing: as the poor kids have to dress up in special clothes anyway, I see no problem in their trying other costumes. Skirts, a la Greek soldiers? Kilts, anyone?

I’m sure Linda Harvey wears pants. American women claim the right to wear men’s clothing as part of their equality campaign. One can only presume that Linda does not accept that males have a right to equality, too.

1. Midnighter 31 May 2013, 8:33pm

Sadly Linda and her ilk are not averse to setting back women’s rights en route. There was trousergate in the LDS Church not so long ago – there were threats of violence and literal death threats from mormons to other mormons when women wore trousers to service

Death threats over the wearing of trousers. Says everything about these people really.

2. TrickyDicky 1 Jun 2013, 6:48am

“I’m sure Linda Harvey wears pants”

Surely not, women wearing mens’ clothes is banned in the bible.

9. David Jordan 31 May 2013, 6:37pm

This isn’t a social experiment, the BSA are the only major western scouting movement with a ban on gay members (no only at leadership levels).
    The Irish, Canadian or British Scouts wouldn’t throw boy out because he was honest and said that he’d rather have a boyfriend.
    But then again, Christians have never been too concerned with the truth or not hurting children.
    And as for the cross dressing remark, the scouts have a uniform and anyway, it would be a completely harmless thing for a boy to do (no one bats an eye at it when a girl does it).

1. Midnighter 31 May 2013, 8:40pm

Well said.

The utter illogic of it is that ostensibly she doesn’t even believe in gays anyway, having broadcast the following comment in Aug 2011:

“There is no proof that there’s ever anything like a gay, lesbian or bisexual or transgendered child, or teen or human,”

But that’s just me being a “master of demonic manipulation” again, I’m sure.

10. The pink mafia… What a f***ing moron.

Why exactly would condom lessons be a bad thing? I realise this isn’t the kind of subject the Boy Scouts focus on but just saying, sex education is never a bad thing. I also don’t see what’s wrong with homophobia classes, we teach kids about bullying and why it’s wrong don’t we?

1. James in a nutshell these people are crazy, and I mean that as in certifiably mentally ill. They are an embarrassment to christians and the U.S. Unfortunately here in the U.S. we cannot require tests of the ability to think before they are allowed to vote.

11. There will be cross-dressing members? If that were the case it would be the end of the world! What next? Women wearing pants! Oh, the horror!

12. Helge Vladimir Tiller 31 May 2013, 7:37pm

This is the most stupid woman I’ve ever heard about. I’m speechless-

13. She is such a paranoid loopy twit that its laughable. In this history written in the future will NOT be kind to her.

14. “US radio host: Allowing gay Boy Scouts will mean ‘condom training and cross dressing members’”

Unfortunately, I think she’s being a bit over optimistic there.

15. and the problem in teaching a teenager how to use a condom is what exactly?

1. These people are afraid it will lead to sex, which of course they oppose under any and all circumstances. They forget that teenagers being teenagers will have sex anyway.

16. Condom training and cross-dressing? Things haven’t changed much, then since I was a scout 40 years ago! ;-)

17. If this latest statement from the harrigan of the American airwaves, was not so sad and dangerous it would actually be funny. She seems to be desperately trying to find any reason to stop the BSA having gay members.

I wonder if they will have a condom badge :D

18. “Pink Mafia”?
    We need to take care of this Linda Harvey situation.
    Whadda you think, should we put a French Bulldog’s head in her bed, perhaps rearrange her Feng Shui?
    Offer her a haircut she can’t refuse?

19. …and it is such a pity that her father didn’t avail himself of the use of condoms before her birth.