iPhone and Android apps offer ‘cure’ to homosexuality

1. just more proof of Apple’s homophobia

1. Robert in S. Kensington 30 May 2013, 6:41pm

It’s CEO, Timothy D. Cook, is an openly gay male though.

1. Npt really. He is gay, but not all that ‘openly’..

2. That’s like personally blaming President Hollande for every incident of homophobic violence in France.

1. Not exactly, remember Apple approve apps before listing them, so someone reviewed and approved this app. Google reactively moderate their store, so apps dont get pre-approved. So yes Apple did have to like this app.

1. Chester666666 31 May 2013, 8:25am

Just one person maybe and unlike Android’s one it’s gone

2. I tried this app but it didn’t work… After using it for days I still get turned on by Channing Tatum…

1. Me too. He really is cheddar gorge :P

2. Frankly Channing Tatum could turn even straight males gay.

1. Not if you’re an acting teacher he wouldn’t – Lol

3. If its free people need to install the app, so they can comment on it, then spam the hell out of the comments on Google Play (no idea how the fruits app store works). Uninstall it without opening it.

1. I tried that but my Apple store on iPad said….no results found. Is it available in UK? Just so I can tell em what I think about their awful, and dangerous app.

4. It’s just a phone app. One of hundreds of thousands. Are we going to stifle the losing and self-hating minority now? What’s the point?

5. MikasoPicaso 30 May 2013, 6:57pm

Just when you thought you’ve seen or heard it all… Now there is an app for freeing a person of so called sin. Good thing the app is “free”, otherwise, I would think the app wouldn’t be very marketable. I wonder how well received an app for helping people to become gayer would go over. The entertainment business and advertising pretty much already glorifies the lifestyle anyway.

6. Some bigots believe that turning a black person’s skin white will set them free! They also believe that mixed race relations are against the teachings as the bible as they wrongly interpret

7. What does the Bible say about mobile phone apps?

Oh that’s right, religious people selectively interpret the parts that suit them.

1. “& teh LORD sd, Bhld, da ppl [is] 1, & hv 1 languaeg ; & this they bgin 2 do: & now 0 be rstraind frm them, which they hv imagiend 2 do.”
      Gnsis 11:6

8. we need to set Them free from stupid religion

9. Chris Haynes 30 May 2013, 7:38pm

Apple have removed it from the App Store. The “Setting Captives Free” developer is still on there, though no apps appear when you click the link.

10. I just searched for the app in the App Store and couldn’t find it. Maybe they’ve removed it! :-)

11. Please note the quotation marks. This drivel is from the website. The founder is a gay man who woke up one day to the money making possibilities of the religious snake oil business. It is of course hateful and harmful and a scam.

“Setting Captives Free is a non-denominational ministry which teaches the biblical principles of freedom in Jesus Christ. Founder and President, Mike Cleveland, was captive to habitual sins for many years. He finally began to seek help and learned the biblical solution to his sin problem: repentance, forgiveness, and the newness of life that comes through the gospel. In January, 1999, Mike found forgiveness of sins in Jesus Christ and God changed his heart. Since that time, he has been completely free from all forms of habitual sin, by God’s grace”.

12. why is it called ‘setting captives free’? wtf. unless i am mistaken, i ain’t anyone’s captive and i AM free (of religion, especially – now there’s an easy dodge, it only takes a minute of listening to any adherent/priest et al). tempting as it is to install it and go muff-diving at the weekend! it would be so easy-fab and so much better than eating pizza.

my advice is that despite what they may have heard elsewhere (positively rammed down their throats more like), they weren’t born with a ‘christian gene’, and the only way to escape the handcuffs of religion is to think for themselves and know that the earth and the universe is full of magic and wonder and beauty that NO supposed supreme JEWISH god created, shaped or designed any part of it – or wrote a single word of the sacred fable-books. wow, now that really is freedom!

13. What’s really needed is an app that can cure people of Christianity. I know it’s possible because I’m living proof that people can be cured of religion. And frankly, I’m pretty sure that a Christian cure app would be MUCH more popular than a gay cure app.

1. Unfortunately we still haven’t found a cure for mass schizophrenia and hysteria.

14. Kevin Woodard 30 May 2013, 10:24pm

I’ve spent the entire day emailing and telephoning Google. Nobody there cares. One man laughed in my ear, called me a “faggot” and hung up on me. I’ve decided that I’m going to sell my Android device and divest myself completely of using any Google services or products. Sadly, Google is staffed by evil homophobes.

15. YOU CAN’T CURE HOMOSEXUALITY! IT’S NOT A DISEASE! IT’S NOT A CONDITION!!

LJWEO:FJEWOJW:OJ:OWEJWOWOIEJFOIWJEOIJWO:

16. GOD WAS GAY.

17. This organisation is right…there is NO such thing as a “homosexual” gene…we are normal…scientists should be trying to find the “neanderthal” gene instead …as this would not only explain heterosexuality but would also prove that God does have a sense of humour….

18. Jen Marcus 31 May 2013, 1:18am

When will this insanity end?

19. I’m not mad at Google or Apple for selling this app. I’m mad that there are places in our society where people feel the need to buy it.

1. Actually Apple had to approve this app in order for it to be listed, so someone at apple thought there was a need.Google dont pre-approve apps.

20. “You can be set free from the bondage of homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ and the cross!”

Sorry but I find it hard to take them seriously when they tell us we can be ‘cured’ of bondage by obsessing over a semi naked man tied and nailed to a couple of planks of wood as part of his own masterplan.
    I like the response I found on another forum to a comment about “Christ dying for our sins –
    “Typical passive aggressive drama queen”