France: 200,000 expected for anti-equal marriage rally

1. Lostinfrance 26 May 2013, 2:02pm

I was happy to see the women of FEMEN taking positive action against the fascists, whilst currently under siege in their Paris HQ, I have to applaud their courage and admire their symbolic gestures. This group of women stand out in today’s pro liberty groups, if only gay pride would take a more political stance and use the occasion to defend the rights of homosexuals around the world. Wake up LGTBQ’S it’s time to forget lady gaga and madonna, and make a change by getting involved.

1. What a stupid comment. Read some history books about LGBTs Lostinfrance!!!

1. Lostinfrance 26 May 2013, 3:00pm

Explain please Tom. Whilst you find my comment stupid, your input into the subject is devoid of anything. I’ll happily enter into a debate as to why I have written this comment. These threads are designed to exchange ideas, like them or not. Simply exclaiming that I ought to read history books is not a valid contribution. My pointis that today here in Paris there are allegedly 200000 people rallying for homophobia. Whilst e popular sings above mentioned make a living by selling records, that are at liberty to support gay rights, being their core audience. It just seems to me that these days the gay pride events in e uk and here in France are billed as parties with various entertainers cashing in. Meanwhile in the face of televised aggression, I only ever see FEMEN, who as I say I applaud for their action. I support stronger action as I believe is needed in these times. It is very patronising to consider yourself so well read on queer culture, but unable to manifest words.

1. Well said, many lgbt people are ignorant of their inequality and lack of civil rights and so passive they accept this without even questioning.
          Femen are inspirational, I hope they set up quarters in London too, they are desperately needed here.

2. Helge Vladimir Tiller 26 May 2013, 6:10pm

Hi, Lostinfrance. Your view is a “Winnerinfrance” ! Good Comment ! (—Norway- )

3. Midnighter 26 May 2013, 7:03pm

A thoughtful comment and a very aposite response to the troll. Thanks for your intelligent input.

2. Oh for f**k sake. You’ve lost your crusade against equality. Go home you stupid bigots.

3. Michaelandfred 26 May 2013, 3:02pm

Beating a dead horse….great way to waste a Sunday. Enjoy yourselves!

4. They clearly have no life of their own. What poor, hateful loosers.

5. These unpatriotic protesters and the likes of frigide bajot are anti French as well as anti marriage. A day after a terrorist attack on a soldier on the streets of paris and these idiots want to cause further mayhem to the security forces.

1. I wonder if the same people will on another occasion be protesting about Islamification and Sharia law? Quite a few I suspect, yet they protest about legislation that indirectly opposes Islamification and Sharia law?

1. Exactly, they are so stupid , they cannot even see their own hypocrisy. But it does appear that frigide barjot and company have much in common with extremist islam as they both appear to purport terrorism on the streets of the capital. Why has barjot not been arrested yet?

1. Midnighter 26 May 2013, 7:06pm

She’s too good at hiding from consequences.

2. To be fair, Barjot has received her own death threats from neofascists who didn’t think she went far enough opposing marriage equality and same-sex parenting.

1. “fair” is not a word I would use in barjots context, she was very ready to dish out threats of violence if she and her fascist buddies did not get their way, so it’s karma if what you say is true, let these monsters turn on each other. You sound sympathetic towards the bi*ch.

2. de Villiers 26 May 2013, 9:14pm

I do not agree with these people but there is no such thing as anti-French. Whereas to be an American is an ideal, to be a Frenchman is a fact.

6. 200,000 lunatics. Why are these bigots so obsessed with marriage equality? Have they got nothing better to think about – education, the economy, unemployment, poverty, housing, health service etc etc. I still do not understand how marriage equality will have an effect on their lives.

1. I’ve been to paris, it’s dead boring. My friend caused a car crash for having pink hair , they was so bewildered by it. the protests are as exciting as it gets there.

1. Midnighter 26 May 2013, 7:10pm

Have to disagree with you there, you may just need to go with someone who knows the place. I will say that it was quite an eye opener after I began regularly holidaying elsewhere in France how nice the French acutally are; Parisians can be pretty rude and don’t give a good impression of the typical Frenchman, in my opinion.

1. I did go with a French person , who had moved to London to escape the conservatism of Paris. My comment was my subjective view of paris, not the rest of france.

7. Robert in S. Kensington 26 May 2013, 8:02pm

Contrast this demo with next to nothing here in the UK. Less than 2000 on Palm sunday, half of them French residents and about 300 outside of Parliament last Tuesday praying away the bill which passed with a huge majority. So much for the power of prayer.

8. Helge Vladimir Tiller 26 May 2013, 8:30pm

Approximately 150000 demonstrators- the majority of them families with children. According to Police ! This is “nothing” in a big metropol as Paris-

9. .....Paddyswurds 26 May 2013, 9:05pm

It would appear the hateful and hate filled Vichy are still very much in existence in La France…

10. Helge Vladimir Tiller 26 May 2013, 9:19pm

One of the banners red : “Yes to human dignity”. So gay persons have no “dignity” if they fall in love and want to registrate this in a proper way ?

11. Helge Vladimir Tiller 26 May 2013, 9:31pm

Sorry : Read-read -read ! I’m getting old.

12. why do these vile human beings care so much about us being able to marry – something most of them abuse once they have and run away from whenever things get to difficult – 50 % of their unions end in divorce –

Seems to me these bigots think way too much about people whose acts of love ‘repulse them’ – They doth protest’eth’ too much.

13. The BBC estimates that 150,000 participated. However, their former spokesperson Frigide Barjot (trans.
    ‘Frigid Loony’) has disowned them, and expressed concern that the anti-ME movement is being taken over by right-wing extremists. “Taken over?!”

1. Sounds like she had a word with her agent about now being known as a Nazi rather than a comedian.

14. Robert (Kettering) 27 May 2013, 12:34am

Perhaps they can make it a yearly event, now what could they call it?

“Bigot-Fest” springs to mind!