US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who ‘display their lifestyle’

1. OK, PN, I am just bored with this, now.

She’s going to make some lunatic comment each week and you guys are going to regurgitate it here. This isn’t providing a news service, it’s just recycling blather.

1. I agree with you that this is annoying and boring but it’s also necessary for Pink News to report this. Know your enemy!

2. Midnighter 22 May 2013, 7:26pm

I’m with Lew on that one but I gave you thumb up out of sympathy :P Its very nice to have these articles to refer to when needing to illustrate frothing-at-the-mouth moronic bigotry.

Also LoL at “The tolerance crowd” – presumably defined as “people who don’t listen to Hate FM.”

3. de Villiers 23 May 2013, 9:05am

I agree. We have now read three or four articles concerning this dreadful woman. It is too easy for Pink News just to scrape for her latest pronouncement. This woman is always going to say something ridiculous.

2. Her again. Yay. But, for fun, let’s shoot this down again.

So she says employers should discriminate against gays who ‘display their lifestyle’. Alright then, I will assume you won’t kick up a fuss if an employer discriminates against Christians for, I dunno, wearing a cross?

1. Christianity is also a lifestyle. Do I have the right to discriminate christians?

2. friday jones 22 May 2013, 11:10pm

Well, according to her “argument,” it should only be protected if it’s “natural,” and by definition Christianity is not natural, it’s SUPERnatural, so I guess employers “have no choice but to fire” Christians if “they make their lifestyle known.”

3. Fine then! Any employer who is gay should be allowed to fire any heterosexual person he employs that displays their lifestyle!

The stupid STUPID tactics these straights will use. Getting rather stale now.

next, we’ll be back to segregation in society in case the seat on the bus a gay guy sat on turns a straight guy gay!

4. I think she models herself on Anita Bryant.

1. soapbubblequeen 22 May 2013, 10:50pm

She needs one hell of a pie in her face!

1. For people who don’t know about the “pie” here’s the link!

And for those who don’t know about Anita Bryant

2. That made me giggle!

5. Mark van Fistenberg 22 May 2013, 6:31pm

In that case, employers should also be allowed to discriminate against (orthodox|judgemental|discriminating) christians who ‘display their lifestyle|bigotry|inacceptance|hatred|intolerance’ (like e.g. this bitch who proclaims ‘Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who ‘display their lifestyle’)!

6. Linda Harvey seems to have slush for brains and I imagine her condition is terminal, in other words she is way beyond help.

7. The Kitty Channel 22 May 2013, 6:44pm

To look at her, she’s indistinguishable from a human being.

8. John Marples 22 May 2013, 7:12pm

Maybe her employers can sack her for her homophobic and bigoted views

9. Woes the US breed these weirdos then give them airtime?

10. Wgere does

11. keyboard problem – where

12. I enjoy sending her private messages on her Facebook page. I think everyone should do that. : )

13. Andrew Gibb 22 May 2013, 8:26pm

This woman’s ignorance and stupidity knows no bounds!

14. I was going to say can’t someone please shut her up … but then I thought, no, she is an excellent example of everything which is wrong with the religious right. The more people hear the unreasonable irrational nature of the message the better. Most people have quite a bit of common sense and can see she’s completely barking. Other “normal” Christians must be even more sick of her than us :)

15. Victoria Munro 22 May 2013, 10:07pm

She is a vile human being with no heart or brain.

16. soapbubblequeen 22 May 2013, 10:53pm

I agree with Gull. I think she is the best PR for organized religion that there is. She really knows how to promote tolerance and understanding so well doesn’t she? That said, I would like for someone to slap her with a big ole pie, just like they did to Anita Bryant.

17. This Linda Harvey woman is a holy cow!
    Get over the gay thing you nasty piece of work, you’re meant to be a “Christian”.

1. Beelzeebub 23 May 2013, 9:27am

Didn’t you know.

That;s what many christians are.

Judgemental b@rstards.

18. I wonder what her reaction would be were she to be fired for displaying a Christian lifestyle or being a woman?

19. Please stop showing Linda Harvey’s homophobic statements. Your just giving her publicity I’m sick of seeing it on the website:p

20. Twisted bitch.

21. Don’t feed trollzilla !

22. I agree in part with her. Gay 24/7 can be a little too much for some (not refering to biggot and haters). But being gay is not a just reason to be fired. Where ever you teach or work you should act with good moral integrity. You don’t see a manager giving his balls a good scritch on the shopfloor do you?

1. I’m sorry. what exactly do you mean?

I’m “gay 24/7″.
      it’s part of who I am… a married gay man.

I don’t have sex in front of other people. is that what you mean by “a little bit much for some”?
      As a matter of fact, nothing I do in public indicates in any way, shape or form what I do with my sexuality. Other than being married to another man.

“Good moral integrity”? What’s that? Telling people that LGBT people are evil? Promoting bigotry and intolerance?

You DO realize that “morality” is an ever fluctuating concept, don’t you? What is considered “moral” in modern western culture NOW was not necessarily considered as such 100 or more years ago.

There is no absolute when it comes to “morality”. It’s a completely pointless reference.

2. I can only assume that you were half asleep when you made this comment.

Do you agree then that someone could be dismissed for being mixed race, for being a woman? Of course not.

And I don’t know where you work, but you don’t need to be gay to give your balls a good scratch. Men will do that anyway, gay or straight!

23. Christopher Coleman 23 May 2013, 5:36am

Don’t be too hard on her and her brand of professed Christianity. She is a good American. Underneath all the bluster you’ll find a worshipper of the one true god — Money!

24. Bring back the Lions and a pit!

25. Jock S. Trap 23 May 2013, 8:31am

‘display their lifestyle’?

So just being ones self deserve discrimination does it?

Well we already see what happens when these poor darling christians are victims of… er what exactly.

They feel excluded they bitch like no other and yet they think they have the right to deny how we’re born over THEIR chosen religious lifestyle.

1. Midnighter 23 May 2013, 1:25pm

Classic disingenuous fundie – they invite attack so as to act out their ‘martyr’ complex, whilst hoping no one spots them lashing out at their foes with self-righteous ire. It always reminds me of the classic younger-sibling ploy of taunting their elder brother or sister then playing victim when the inevitable reaction occurs.

Good luck convincing her that religion is a choice: in their minds their religion is what puts them in the right, so clearly they wouldn’t choose to be wrong. Never mind the fact that their religion is a result of a lifetime of brainwashing and (literal) indoctrination.

These types of people delgate all vestiges of rational thought to organised religion and have no minds of their own to reason with. I’d very much like to see them subjected to curative therapy – turn about is fair play, after all.

26. Another week, another rant by that crazy bitch!

Discrimination can work both ways love, how about we are allowed to have you sacked as we dislike middle aged, dried up old hags?

Also, please PN stop giving this woman the attention that she craves

27. This woman is no Christian ! And should be fired period!

28. keith francis farrell 23 May 2013, 12:45pm

Consider this b£$%ch, how would you feel if gaw owner, run or managed business’s and gay suporting business’s like google and facebook had to do the same with any member of your church or other religions that practice this hateful bigotry of yours, had their employment rights taken away. get read this is about equality, something trhat christ himself preached about.

29. Garry Cassell 23 May 2013, 3:17pm

Oh radio host…how did you get this job??/ I’m very certain not because of your knowledge of facts…you are so dumb…stick your religion where the sun don’t shine…bc you don’t have the facts about that either…why is it that stupid religious people think they are all knowing? Yet in reality they are really stupid dumbf***s…

30. justusboyz 23 May 2013, 3:43pm

Pointless writing anything deep and meaningful about this silly old cow. She Needs a slap

31. Tom Cotner 23 May 2013, 3:55pm

She is silly, she is stupid, she is woefully uneducated, and she is undoubtedly vile.
    However, she is the epitome of the religious “right” (I call it “wrong”) in this country. They listen to the venom spewed by their preachers week end, week out, and then believe that nonsense and think they have to go out and re-spew it. The pilgrims had one thing right — they could, and did, come over here to be able to be bigots.
    They have never stopped, nor will they. What we need to do is to totally ignore them.

32. They are ALL begging us to go back into the closet and shut up. In this it is paramout that we continue to come and stay OUT of the closet. Abeit cautiously when in the physical presence of these bigots.

33. Michael James 23 May 2013, 5:28pm

Linda I believe employers should be able to discriminate to those who display their religion. Religion is a choice homosexuality is not. Stick that in your hat and smoke it.

34. nixiotemba 23 May 2013, 5:55pm

we’ll just wiat till she dies, then

35. Let her blather on all she wants. In the end, we will get our rights, in full, and all this will settle down into a non issue. However, her hateful speech will come back to haunt her and she’ll find herself being treated with ridicule, derision, and the self-same discrimination that she was so eager to have inflicted on us. Turnabout, is indeed, fair play.

36. Ok then ms Linda Harvey should be discriminated against, I am a Christian and i am Trans, I hate how some people can sit there and be such hypocrites, because i gaurantee you the minute she gets discriminated against, she is gonna scream and cry and play the victim, she is a hypocrite.

37. I worked for a company and before you started your job you were told that discrimination, bigotry, inacceptance, hatred and intolerance were not accepted. People from different races and backgrounds worked at the company along with a few gay men and a lesbian couple who always went to lunch together. A lot of people complained about a woman who was always trying to save everybody, handing everybody literature about going to hell if you didn’t pray and accept Jesus as your savior and voiced her opinion about a gay man and the lesbian couple who had worked at the company for years. She was told to stop and didn’t so she was fired and she tried to sue and couldn’t do anything about it because it was her choice whether or not to stop after she was told to stop. More companies should have that kind of policies.