UKIP leader Nigel Farage: I won’t expel members who call gay sex ‘disgusting’

1. Jock S. Trap 22 May 2013, 11:36am

Tell us something we didn’t know.

UKip are the new BNP surely.

Wonder if they do the same with sexism, racism though…. I’m betting not… just promote homophobia eh, Mr farage?

1. … and some people in here have complained about Gipsies … go figure …

2. That There Other David 22 May 2013, 11:43am

i bet he won’t expel members who refer to “darkies” and “coons” either.

Nigel Charade’s party’s true side will become apparent very soon. Can’t happen quickly enough IMO.

1. Beelzeebub@gmail.com 22 May 2013, 11:53am

It seems to be mopping up bigots from all parties.

Which is quite scary if it every gets “true” power.

1. Britishness has indeed and again managed to create another monster among many.

2. There’s a reason we drummed him out of Scotland.

1. That There Other David 22 May 2013, 1:05pm

Oh yeah, that was great. I laughed my socks off. Poor little Nigel :-D

1. Midnighter 22 May 2013, 2:19pm

I have no time for Nigel Charade (that made me chuckle, I’m nicking that one if you don’t mind!) but I have to say that whole incident was cynically manufactured and wouldn’t have convinced me were I a Scottish voter. Worth it for the entertainment value alone though :P

2. Maybe Scotland should have sent this fool too the moon!…No…mars! Nice and out of everyones way!

3. Oh but they do. They get very worried when a racist – inevitably – pops up in their ranks. But they’re banking on the idea that their anti-gay bigotry is popular enough to win them support. We – not the usual suspects in Stonewall but ordinary apolitical gays and everyone else against bigots like this – need to get out there and show Farage just how “welcome” his 1950s vision of England is. Time for more action against this frog-faced nazi prick. It needs to be made clear that we know he doesn’t speak for Britain or British values; he speaks for a branch of obnoxious, anti-intellectual American conservatism that his heroine Thatcher brought to these shores.

3. A war with middle England? Dude, this isn’t The Lord of the Rings.

1. That There Other David 22 May 2013, 12:38pm

Are you sure? There’s something very Smeagol about him…

1. I was thinking Nigel would better match the giant swivel-eyed bad guy.

1. That There Other David 22 May 2013, 12:24pm

“They are really foaming at the mouth over at christian concern.”

How is that anything new? ;-)

1. Midnighter 22 May 2013, 1:43pm

LoL

Their cherry picking is beyond the pale. While the Times seems to be using this and the EU thing to bash Cameron by failing to highlight the pattern of voting that indicated he was overwhelmingly supported, the CI have quoted from the editorial which itself is glaringly disingenuous and partisan even compared to the rest of the Times reportage.

Christian fundies: people who can’t complete jigsaws without scissors and mallets. Pick the bits you like, trim and force the bits that sort of fit and make up the rest.

4. And there are still quislings who will assure us UKIP isn’t homophobic – uh-huh

5. Robert in S. Kensington 22 May 2013, 12:15pm

Well, Nigel Farage. If you’re not sure where the ‘redifinition’ of marriage will end up. then I suggest you summon a meeting with the governments of the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Canada, Iceland, South Africa, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Argentina. Ask for detailed reports in regard to public demand for incestuous and polygamous marriages and then have a meeting with David Cameron of your findings. That should settle the argument once and for all. Delusional swivel-eyed loon.

6. Chester666666 22 May 2013, 12:28pm

But he will expel ones who are not homophobic and this idea of it being OK to debate gays is abhorrent to me

7. Middle England mostly consists of busy-bodies who are more concerned about what other people are doing then what they are doing. They need a reality check.
    Equal marriage has nothing whatsoever to do with them, and will not affect them at all, apart from the fact that every now and again the might see a gay married couple. Oh the horror!

8. What a joke.

Pink News, if you read these comments, please do some artwork and paint a clown face on farage for whenever you have a story about this slimeball homophobic closeted fascist.

1. Beelzeebub 22 May 2013, 1:22pm

Always puts me in mind of “Beaker” from the Muppet’s, which is apt given that UKIP are a bunch of Muppet’s,

9. I think that many of us would find the idea of sex with Farage disgusting.

I know I do.

There, look! I’ve said it.

1. I pity his wife

1. She’ll be writing a book when he comes to power exposing all the rent boys he has on the side

2. Don’t worry about here, old “conservative” Nige is busy “polling” Annabelle Fuller, his PR bird.

10. There wasn’t much call for section 28 either at the time, but an awful lot of right wingers felt it was appropriate to find the time to pass that abomination into the statute books.

11. Clearly he can’t throw out of his vile ‘pretend’ party members who find same sex ‘disgusting’ – otherwise there would be no leader and no members -

12. “Old Fashioned” = remaining chaste before marriage.

“Old Fashioned” = steaming vegetables until they are nothing but a pile of cellulose paste.

“Old Fashioned” = wearing your best hat on Sundays.

“Old Fashioned” = quaint and passé.
    ____________________________

Racism, sexism and homophobia are not “old fashioned”.

Intolerance is not “old fashioned”.

Hatred is not “old fashioned”.

Clearly, this man has a decidedly unhealthy idea of what “old fashioned” means.

However, his idea of what racism, sexism, and homophobia are is anything but “old fashioned”. It’s purely hateful.

13. bendstheknees 22 May 2013, 2:02pm

UKIP leader Nigel Farage: I won’t expel members who call gay sex ‘disgusting’

Then teach them dear Nigel to do it correctly. Perhaps the confines of a closet does not help?

14. backofthenet 22 May 2013, 2:04pm

old-fashioned” views about homosexuality

So what are UKIPs thoughts on the old fashioned views of racism?

15. This story has been covered on the Mail Online, here’s an enlightening comment:

Quite right too. Political Correctness has gone too far and people’s rights are being eroded by the thought police, Rotherham being a fine example. We are all entitled to our opinion, the liberal lefty lot is allowed to which I find alot of their opinions vile so the balance has to be there. Nigel’s right by saying the older generation has a completely different point of view to modern day liberalism. Considering the older generation fought and died for our freedom of speech, we can at least grant them that said freedom. P.S Go away Political Correctnes, go away Lib/Lab/Con and go away the Harriet Harman brigade.
    – Patch, Norfolk, United Kingdom, 22/5/2013 12:21

These people are really becoming parodies of themselves, completely stuck in the past. If that’s the “Middle England” that Farage is representing then quite frankly they can go fück themselves.

1. That There Other David 22 May 2013, 2:42pm

I particularly love the bit where we now have to grant people who died 70 years ago their freedom of speech. Perhaps the deceased everywhere should be entitled to vote?

1. Ha!

“Patch” isn’t the only one, I’ve seen various comments on that story calling Cameron a “traitor” and others saying that support for equal marriage is disrespectful to the older generation. Fair enough support is higher amongst younger people, but what about those older people who do support equal marriage? Mailites seems to think that all people over a certain age are narrow-minded racists and homophobes like they are. For all their talk about the sacrifice of British people in the Second World War, if you read stories on there about Hitler and the Nazis you’ll find supportive comments sometimes. Just yesterday I was reading about a German Neo-Nazi village (of 35 people)
        and a person who named themselves after an SS cavalry unit called Florian Geyer basically posted a comment saying that the holocaust was a lie. It received hundreds of green arrows. UKIP and the Mail supporters have one thing in common, they don’t seem that bothered about attracting extremist right wing loons.

2. Beelzeebub 22 May 2013, 4:10pm

I note the “Worst Rated” entry is as follows:” ( 531 Red Hands.).

“Are you also going to allow them to call black people N*gg*rs, Disabled people. Sp*st*cs. Disgusting party……”

Only goes to show the sick mentality of your average Daily Hate reader and UKIP supporter.

1. I know it’s disgusting, but I find the fact that this comment has been voted 363 in the red even more disturbing:

As some one who is left of centre I see no need to legalise Gay marriages. It is an unwanted distraction to what the Government should be doing. Getting the economy up and running and getting people especially young people in jobs. This is political correctness nonsense . – forsheda , Milford haven, 22/5/2013 13:40

With all due respect, YOU see no need to legalise gay marriage. YOU feel it is an unwanted distraction. YOU feel it is political correctness nonsense. That is because it doesn’t affect YOU, and lucky you for being the majority. However, equal rights are very important to ME, because I don’t have them. And my desire to have equal recognition of my relationship as a straight couple is not “nonsense”. It is deadly serious.
        – DoctorLove, London, United Kingdom, 22/5/2013 14:37
          Rating   363

So no, not everyone deserves freedom or equality, just Mail readers.

16. Nigel Farage is disgusting

17. Of course he won’t … it’s his party’s policy and his belief !!!!

18. old fashioned views about race and women are probably ok too

19. Honestly though any sex between people who don’t turn you on is disgusting.

I wouldn’t want to see a heterosexual couple that doesn’t turn me on having sex either, that’s gross.

20. what does it say about middle england when they seem to want to be represented by a slimy piece of yuck like farage?! also, the man was born in 1964, what does he really know about the 1950s – having been only an unfertilised egg!? clearly that man has been hanging around bars too long (think we all know the type!) when his time would’ve been better spent in the library reading!

21. soapbubblequeen 22 May 2013, 11:02pm

I think there needs to be a campaign for every gay person and their friends and allies, to make sure that they vote at the next General Election to ensure that this insidious little man with his extremist supporters get the least votes possible. I do not want him or any of his crankies being able to decided on anything that will affect my life or well-being. They’ll try to overturn the anti-discrimination employment laws, and where will it end?

22. I wish a sink hole would just open up and swallow this bigoted idiot up!

23. Here’s an extra thought…They refer to gay sex as ‘disgusting’

Makes me wonder how many of them, those who are straight that is, actually enjoy anal sex, but keep it to themselves.

It’s one of those arguments that really annoys me when bigots go on about how disgusting it is, when many straight people enjoy it themselves, but want admit to it!

1. Why ought anyone be expelled from any political party for expressing disgust at something which they personally find distasteful? I think olives are disgusting. Should I be expelled for that too?

1. Midnighter 23 May 2013, 5:22pm

Are these sentient olives, Rod? Are you expressing disgust in a manner that is offensive to sentient olives?

I suggest that there is a difference between making a comment about a human being and an item of food, and furthermore a significance in the manner in which that comment is expressed.

24. We talk about relationships- he talks about sex- I wonder why?