Made in Chelsea’s Ollie Locke: ‘I’ve tried to push myself to be gay but I’m actually bisexual’

1. The whole country? Wow! I’d be surprised if most people didn’t even know or actually cared who he is.

2. Dan Filson 21 May 2013, 4:36pm

Weird! You don’t have to “push yourself to be gay”, you either are or aren’t. When propositioned you either say yes or no. But putting out a press release or whatever about your torment seems milking the cow a bit.

1. Christopher 21 May 2013, 6:42pm

I agree but there are a lot of bisexual men who try to force themselves to be gay because they want to fit in.

1. I would suggest there are actually far more bisexual men who try to force themselves to be non-gay to fit in.

1. Locus Solus 23 May 2013, 12:44pm

Both of you guys do have a point, as a bisexual guy I have definitely felt pressurized to identify as one or the other. It certainly would be “easier” to pretend to be straight, but you can’t help who you fall in love with (I have a husband ^_^).

There is this idea that just because you’re attracted to both sexes you’re somehow “transitional” like “bi now gay later.”
          Gay people think you’re in denial and straight people just think you’re gay. BOTH tend to be distrustful of your intentions, gay guys think you’ll run off with a woman, women think they don’t satisfy you.

I’m lucky enough to have an understanding husband and have been in a monogamous relationship for almost 10 years. But sometimes I wish I wasn’t bisexual, just straight or gay.

2. I don’t know the guy, I’ve never watched the show and never will, but good on him. We need more publicly out bisexual men – we are few and far between, Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day is one of the most well known and even then it’s not everyday knowledge – in the media spotlight, even Z-listers.

I understand and sympathise with his comment about trying to be gay – I did exactly the same. I came out at college and was immediately met with negative reactions, not what I expected at all. But we all know how fast news travel. Within a day, everyone knew I slept with men, there was no going back from that revelation. So I embraced it, identifying as gay for nearly a decade just to appease others. It took a long time for me to accept my natural sexuality. And stories like that are far, far too common.

3. Christopher Kay 21 May 2013, 5:00pm

bleugh… get over yourself

4. Brett Gibson 21 May 2013, 5:01pm

I think if we were to do the maths he would be about 90% attracted to men and 10% to girls, still bisexual but you know, I’m willing to be my life he ends up with a boy.

5. Who cares? Some z lister?

6. Marcwebbo3 21 May 2013, 6:10pm

I have no idea who he is as I dont watch crap tv….and he doesnt make me want to watch it either…someone who thinks too much of himself I think

7. Isn’t ‘bisexuality’ simply the unfortunate consequence of a homophobic society? If there was no ‘conditioning’ to conform to a heterocentric world, wouldn’t people be either gay or not gay?
    (That should start a few comments on here ,,,, ;) )

1. Doubtful, I was born bisexual. I always have been bisexual and always will be. I spent almost a decade identifying as gay to appease others – to paraphrase “ugh, you can’t like both, you have to be one or the other”. I even had a bisexual woman tell me that bisexuality was only okay in women and was sick and wrong in guys.

It’s not about “conforming”, its about nature. I see a good looking rock/goth girl and I’m attracted. I see a good looking mother guy and I’m attracted. It’s the way I’m wired. Deal with it. You know, we’ve come to accept that in a lot of cases of homophobia it’s projection of ones own negative feelings – I often wonder the same about those vehemently opposed to bisexuality.

1. *mosher guy. Bloody iPad auto spell :(

8. In truth, I don’t care because I only feel a sexual attraction towards manly guys.
    Anyway, it’s very much important that bisexual men admit their sexual orientation; unfortunately, the most of them live their homosexual side secretly and pretend to be totally heterosexual. I only demand them that they are honest, consistent and respectful; and they do not lie and use gay guys as objects. Therefore, If they are in a relationship with a woman, that they do not seek gay dudes for using them.
    Personally, I need to be very sure (about his feelings and determination) for establish a relationship with a bisexual man, I would not like that I get involved with this type of man, and when he experiments a personal crisis or decides to take an easier way in life, then he leaves me. Obviously, about this type of man (repressed bisexual guys) who is in a relationship with a woman, or who says that is not capable to love a man, I always run away from them.

9. Who is this person ?, why is he news ?

10. What a load of bolz Ollie! PUSH yourself to be gay? Give fans credit when due honey…