Tory MP Gerald Howarth: ‘There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage’

1. I heard this man. Honestly, what is he on about? I doubt even he knows. It’s just idiotioc scare-mongering with no reason or thought behind it.

First I marry my girlfriend and then I take over the universe, yes, Howarth?

What a fool he made himself sound!

1. Mumbo Jumbo 20 May 2013, 8:16pm

“….First I marry my girlfriend and then I take over the universe….”

I for one welcome our new lesbian masters.

1. Me too… cover me with honey and thrrrrrrrrowww me to the lesbians

2. Har Davids 20 May 2013, 8:59pm

Taking over the Universe? Wouldn’t the world be enough for starters?

I wonder if his ilk is the same one that blamed the Jews for their international conspiracy.

1. People have this tendency to claim that whatever group they dislike are behind various conspiracies. Today it’s either the “PC brigade” or “the loony left” that are deliberately trying to destroy society, indeed Tory MP Edward Leigh mentioned the latter in his incoherent rant earlier.

When things aren’t going your way you can always throw rationality out the window and start believing in imaginary evil forces.

2. I aim high, Har Davids ;) I’ve been working on my maniacally evil cackle all evening.

3. They may have a point – though if my memory of camp 80’s cartoons is correct He-Man and his companions are already “Masters of the Universe” so in that respect nothing has changed.
        It’s been the status quo ever since Prince Adam held his magic sword aloft and uttered the words “I have the POWWWWEEEEEERRRR” ;)

3. (You may not know what I’m talking about but you just made me imagine you and your girlfriend look a lot like Pinky and the Brain

1. I remember them :D

2. Robert (Kettering) 20 May 2013, 7:45pm

What an utter tw@t!

Just another swivel eyes, homophobic old bigot realising their days at being taken seriously are numbered.

3. Helge Vladimir Tiller 20 May 2013, 7:51pm

Gerald- did you ever attend school ?

1. |Yes a school that brain washed him with bigoted teachings about a deity in the clouds who would back up all the hateful vile things he and others like him utter -

4. Commander Thor 20 May 2013, 7:53pm

We have been discovered. Flee immediately!

1. You made me chortle there Commander Thor!

5. He’s transparently bigoted.

Imagine a politician saying ‘aggressive black community’, ‘aggressive Jewish community’ and still having a seat in parliament next week – it just wouldn’t happen. If MP’s can’t be openly racist, or anti-semitic, why do they think they can be openly homophobic.

1. Because we seem like a legitimate target to these people, it’s completely disgusting I know.

2. Well, there is UKIP…

6. We will be invading Poland imminently Sir Gerald. I shouldn’t have told you really but you seem to have rumbled us:-(

7. OMG what do we want next?!

1. Fashion Police, for starters :-)

1. Yeah, I’m sure Howarth is wearing a polyester suit in defiance of all aesthetic sense. Fundies* are infamous for their bad hair, cardigan wearing, poor dental work, copious obesity, hornrim specs and other attributes. Good idea, Wingby!
        *New Zealand fundamentalists, especially…what are yours like?

2. With the ability to levy huge fines for ugly, hateful comments!

8. He’s clearly talking about commenters on PinkNews. Yep, no doubt about it.

I am now adding ‘member of the Agressive Homosexual Community’ to my collection of honorary titles, including ‘Agressive Secularist’ etc.

9. What, specifically, did you have in mind Gerald?

Can you suggest what extra things the gays might want?

Just so we know :)

1. Spanner1960 21 May 2013, 5:23pm

Tax-deductable feather boas. ;)

10. He’s demented.

1. and a thatcherite! same thing i jest!

11. “Tory MP Gerald Howarth: ‘There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage’”

Whoa…easy tiger!

12. wtf! the reason why he can’t validate his retarded statement is because there is nothing to validate it with! it is a homophobic and unnecessary statement and i hope and pray (ha!) that someone has the good sense to complain about the comment. we only want equality sir haworth! taking on helge’s point i shall spell it out for him: equality = parity, equivalency, sameness, nothing more and certainly NOT anything less!. stop stuffing up a parliamentary reading with such nonsense (very much redacted.)

1. Indeed. Irrational is about right. I’d love to hear him challenged on specifics:

Who are these “agressive homosexuals”? Name them, give us some statistics.
      In what way are they “aggressive”?
      Define “plenty” please. 2? 200? 2,000,000?
      –> Follow up question – if “plenty” are all taxpayers and voters, why may they not ask for whatever they wish in a democracy?
      And the obvious question, what is our ‘further’ goal with all this?
      –> Follow up question – if there are “plenty” of them, again, how is their goal relevent to their democratic right to seek it?

This sort of drivel makes me feel there really ought to be some sort of IQ test to prevent morons like this from gumming up democratic processes.

13. Scaremongering at best. He can’t even go on to explain what he means!

My idea of an aggressive homosexual may be somewhat more kinky than his!

Joking aside, how is this vile man still in there?

14. Lion in Winter 20 May 2013, 9:18pm

I want more!! I want every man to have a gym membership, a big dick and a full head of hair!! Oh, and great morning breath, a high IQ and to find me irresistible!!!

What are the chances???

1. Calm down there Lion. Wait until the marriage stuff passes, then we can go all aggressive gay on their asses.
      BTW, I like the big dick idea – and with that do we really need the high IQ??

15. If an MP described the black community as “the aggressive black community”, the Jewish community as “the aggressive Jewish community” or the disabled as “the aggressive disabled community” there would rightly be such an uproar in Parliament and possibly even riots on the streets. No doubt the MP would be suspended from Parliament.

Why isn’t this happening in this case? Why is Gerald Howarth able to get away with his extremely inflammatory language?

We shouldn’t accept it. Blacks, Jews or any other group in society wouldn’t accept it. So why should we?

1. because there is an unspoken consensus within society ( and this will only change with time) that we are a legitimate target. Sad but true. Not a single politician would have the courage to demand this man’s resignation, but every single one of them would if the target indeed had been from the “officially recognised” groups that get instant and automatic protection when attacked. Even after this law is passed, we will, de-facto, remain second class citizens, for a while. The right to marry won’t put an end to overall discrimination and hatred. There is still so much work ahead.

2. The do something about it. Empower yourself.

3. Also, he’s hiding behind the law. Whilst in ‘the House’, he, (and every other MP), has the legal right to say whatsoever he likes about whomsoever he likes without fear of prosecution. It’s called ‘Parliamentary Privilege’. I doubt he’d say the same things without that protection. Cowardly tw@t that he is.

16. Robert in S. Kensington 20 May 2013, 10:08pm

I think he’s alluding to mthical slippery slope to incest, polygamy and polyamoury. Delusional loon! A nasty piece of work he is too.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 20 May 2013, 10:21pm

…the mythical silppery slope nonsense…

2. Jacob Dugan-Brause 21 May 2013, 7:39am

Dear Robert. Well, yes, these constituencies do exist, but I think it all went downhill when we gave the vote to the lower orders. After all, private perversion rightly suits privilege. (wink)

It’s this highly public flaunting nonsense that causes all the trouble!

17. casparthegood 20 May 2013, 10:22pm

I’m going round to harshly criticise his soft furnishings. That will show him!

18. Yes we will demand we pay less income tax as we contribute more into the pot than we take out.
    We have been rumbled.

1. Whoaa! Now that’s really agressive!

19. Three words, Sir Gerald. Manif Pour Tous. Disgraceful displays of antisocial and violent behaviour within the French capital. What about aggressive *homophobe* communities?

20. I’d like a nice aggressive gay. It would be so nice.

21. Until gay marriages actually start happening, the answer should be: “I would reveal the Aggressive Gay Agenda but then I’d have to kill you.” National security would be threatened if the AGA fell into the wrong hands.

DUH. Since the Canadian definition of marriage was changed in 2005, I can’t think of a single piece of legislation that has been passed that favours gays and lesbians. In fact, a bill to extend federal Human Rights protections to the Trans Community is stalled in the Senate (=House of Lords). http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/Liberal_senator_delivers_comprehensive_speech_in_favour_of_trans_bill-13448.aspx

1. Damn he’s onto us. Own up, which of you lot have been leaking ‘The Gay Agenda’?

22. This is Hate Speech, scare mongering. If this was said of any other minority he would be immediately dismissed.

23. Christian country? Doesn’t this idot know that the USA is a democratic and not theocratic country?

1. What does the USA have to do with it? This is a British MP talking about Britain, which is not a ‘Christian country’ and even most Christians here, including myself, don’t want it to be a Christian country. Government should not be allied to one religion.

I wish they’d stop putting sums when you want to post a comment – I have dyscalculia!

24. Robert in S. Kensington 21 May 2013, 12:00am

His comments may have actually contributed to the huge majority who shot all of the lunacy down. He’s an embarassment to the Tory party, big time. He needs to resign.

25. I’m just going to change my name to Palpatine and be done with it.

1. Sorry. Ex Pope Zatinger beat you to it.

26. Is it possible for anyone on here to post anything without including ridiculous meaningless words like homophobic and bigot?

Some people seem to have an I.Q. in single figures.

1. HOMOPHOBIC meaning – Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men -prejudiced against homosexual people.

BIGOT meaning – a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own -and is intolerant of those who differ.

ASSHOLE meaning – a stupid, mean, or contemptible person. – the orifice out of which Shyte pours

Clear enough Single figured fool?

1. Not clear at all.

Disagreeing with homosexual marriages doesn’t express contempt against anybody. It just means someone has a different understanding of the existential meaning of marriage.

1. Jock S. Trap 21 May 2013, 11:06am

Right and no-one is stopping that but it doesn’t mean that minority have to make such a fuss to stop the majority making marriage equality law.

If people are so insecure about their own marriage they have to constantly question it, define it then I question why they are married at all!! That is their own personal problem, nobody else’s…. just like a wedding ceremony.

2. Disagreeing with inter-racial marriage isn’t racist. It just means someone has a different understanding of the existential meaning of marriage.
          You’re a twat, mate.

1. Bad analogy.

Race (an immutable physical trait) and sexuality are different things.

2. Jock S. Trap 21 May 2013, 2:28pm

Actually JohnB Both Race and Sexuality are things we are born with, nothing we can so anything about and things we should celebrate openly and without discrimination.

As David Lammy so rightly said it was the Christians who opposed the abolition of the slave trade and equal rights then Just as it is now.

27. Now that is calling the kettle black! What could be MORE ‘aggressive’ than the whole history of heterosexuality towards GLTBI people!!!!!

28. Spanner1960 21 May 2013, 1:30am

AGGRESSIVE!!??
    You want to see aggressive?
    Take a look at the two poor guys that just had seven bells of sh|t kicked out of them just because of their sexuality.

Morons like you need to wake up and see the damage you and your religious crap are doing to people.

29. While he’ s christian, and i suppose he’s allowed his own beliefs, however flawed they are, he shouldn’t be enforcing his beliefs on others; if this was any other minority such as blacks or whatever, he would not still be in parliament.

30. Hows about you wait until gay people are pushing for more than equality before complaining? Too much work?

31. True, I also want you to shut up Mr. Howarth but I fear that is nothing more than the fevered dream of a mad man.

32. Foiled!

He’s discovered our plans to appoint a gay dictator and rule over straight people folks!

1. That’s alreadt happening. Us straight peeps are not allowed to say anything about Homos

33. ben morgan 21 May 2013, 7:02am

This is NOT a Christian country. People attending church at least once a week- way below 10%. I really wish people would stop saying our entire country is based on religion.

1. Plus, the CoE was founded so a bloke could divorce. I don’t know, but that doesn’t seem very Christian to me.

1. I hate to disagree (because my heart sides with you both) but technically the UK is a Christian country. Three IS a church and state affiliation and the church IS Christian. I know this because it is emphasized in the citizenship test.

1. Midnighter 21 May 2013, 3:09pm

Technically you are of course correct, and this is something a great many in society would like to see changed since we do not consider this to be the case in reality. The thrust of the voting on the equal marriage bill has made it clear that the will of parliament is emphatically that religion should NOT have special treatment.

The main stumbling block remaining is the House of Lords with its unelected Christian representatives, and I predict (and hope) that should they defeat this bill there will be significant repercusssions for their future.

34. Jacob Dugan-Brause 21 May 2013, 7:23am

Funny, this. I’m of an age that I remember when we ‘uppity’ gays were called ‘militant’. I think we’ve been taken down a notch!

I really don’t know if I should be upset or pleased.

1. It’s probably just dumbing-down. Militant is a difficult word these days. (And implies principle).

Agressive is still in daily usage.

35. GulliverUK 21 May 2013, 7:31am

He does make me want to punch him on the nose …. is this aggressive ? :D

btw, if he’s your MP, you have my sympathies. Such an extreme level of homophobia as his means he couldn’t possible provide you with a fair and equal service as other constituents.

36. Jock S. Trap 21 May 2013, 7:32am

Actually watched this and I have to say the way Gerald Howarth treated David Lammy’s point was disgusting and hypocritical.

David Lammy’s point was it was Christians who opposed abolishing the slave trade and opposed equal right then in the same way these bigoted people are doing now to equal marriage.

The way Gerald Howarth dismissed his comment as irrelevant whilst trying to demand the religious must be able to say what they want was just so hypocritical.

It’s as if to these bigoted people only the religious view counts and no one else.

Well, HELLO…. this is the 21st Century. People across the board have the same right. He said we didn’t want to go bad to the 1950’s yet the way he spoke was just out of the 1950’s.

He forgets that back then we didn’t have a say, to me he suggests that how it should be. Well it’s just wrong. We all have a voice now.

As for “the aggressive homosexual community”? I have to say wtf!! The language they use affects us all…

1. Jock S. Trap 21 May 2013, 7:37am

… It’s a shame that these nasty bigoted people chose to use their time to slur the Gay community by their own actions. It’s not “the aggressive homosexual community” that is the danger but the “Very aggressive religious community” we have to deal with.

I’m pleased these people were put in their place. To them there is no good time, they’d rather they had us all in the vile labelled way their sick minds think of us all.

As for Tim Loughton… he arguments to be honest made me feel sick. The way he suddenly wanted to be a beacon for equality… but only for the heterosexual community. It was nasty, devious and very underhanded and again I’m glad they lost.

Now wait for their next nasty drivel, no doubt we’ll have to suffer.

Thankfully, they are being shown up for the nasty people they are.

37. burningworm 21 May 2013, 8:38am

He is right.

Some of us are not convinced by equality and would prefer to see difference being privileged.

Some of us want polygamy to be legal. To have families who look unlike families to be recognised by law.

He is right but what he fails to realise is that we are the minority within a majority who like lemmings march to the drum of equality (it sounds right).

1. why don’t you stop pretending to be gay – and go and get a life you self loathing hetero fool

1. burningworm 24 May 2013, 3:31pm

Awww

38. John Butler 21 May 2013, 9:54am

I agree with him. Homosexuals are not the soft peace loving peeps that others may think they are. Some are quite pushy and agressive (just as in all walks of life) and it could be possible that they would be interested in getting more of their own way. There has always been talk of the Pink Mafia, especially in the film industry. This could run over into other things such as work/jobs in other trades, mainly the fashion industry, or retail etc… The stupid thing of calling Homosexuals Gays was the first weakness in taking them to be a serious problem. They are not gay, gay means happy, it does not mean Homosexual. Homosexuals may start taking over areas of towns or cities. It would be quite simple for them to just start living in a few flats or houses, then widen out to take over an area, then normal people would be frightened to live there or go near the area…

Homosexuality is not normal, do it if you like, I don’t care , but to pretend it’s normal is cowardly.

1. Your idea of what GAY is – clearly has driven you back into the old Closet – your self loathing is sad and you need to know that coming out will liberate you from this hatred of yourself and others like you –

or you are a vile, narrow minded human being who hates people he doesn’t know and will never meet in which case – feck off and die!!

2. Yes. There are areas in west London with far too much swag pile rugs. It’s got to stop.

Where will it all stop? Who will think of the children exposed to so much soft furnishings!

3. Aha.

So this is what a a swivel eyed loon look like.

4. Jock S. Trap 21 May 2013, 11:21am

I think you’ll find it’s men and women, completely comfortable and happy with who they are, that don’t question other men and women over their sexual orientation.

The ‘others’ like yourself only question other peoples sexual orientation because you are afraid to look at your own, meaning you are uncomfortable with yourself not others.

That makes You not normal here, nobody else.

5. Gay people are lawyers, policemen and women, teachers, bus drivers, charity workers, volunteers, etc. We’re all around you, John Butler, getting on with out lives in peace – or at least trying to.

Gay people are also doctors and therapists. Maybe you should see one to discuss your paranoid thoughts?

1. Notlongnow 21 May 2013, 5:06pm

Well said Iris!! How about all these people of hate, who seem afraid for some unknown reason, just let us get on with our lives. Let us have this particular equality; to legally make a commitment to the person we love….there now that wasn’t that difficult, was it???????

6. Spanner1960 21 May 2013, 5:17pm

I hate to piss on your preconceptions, but homosexuals are exactly like everybody else, except who they happen to sleep with.
      We eat, drink, sleep, burp, fart, get happy, get sad, get angry, get drunk, have strong opinions, some are left wing, some are right wing, some are religious, some are not, some are nice people, some are total wankers. Some pay their taxes, some do not, some are criminals, some angels. Some are rich, some are poor, we are in all walks and strata of human existence.
      WE *ARE* SOCIETY. Not some evolutionary offshoot or subspecies.

39. Former Defence Secretary, MP for Aldershot !
    Yes Sir Gerald, been mixing with those gay army types again have you? They can even shoot straight and do unarmed combat and have muscles and look so butch, must be guite disturbing to you.
    Some of them are even Lesbians!
    What ever is the world comming to – Ha ha ha …..

40. Them uppity ‘blacks, jews, women’…would all be unacceptable to say in politics..but somehow it is okay to label us as whatever aggressive nonsense when we stop being good and quiet and invisible…this guy is such a moron I am surprised he was not killed in traffic as a child. Idiot…

41. Rudehamster 21 May 2013, 12:40pm

The Uk is NOT now, nor has it ever been, a Christian Country!

When will these miserable old homophobes get that into their thick skulls?

42. my god lok at this odious toads little twisted wizened face.
    It should tell you everything about what a nasty lil gremlin he really is

43. Staircase2 21 May 2013, 2:52pm

What a bloody idiot…

Do they breed these people somewhere or do they just indoctrinate them into stupid bigotry?

Eton perhaps…? Or Tory central office…?

44. Maybe he’s talking about gay people aggressively demanding to get married in the Church of England. So not only aggressive gays but aggressive Anglicans and we all know there are plenty of those, maybe even about six. They’ll be storming Lambeth Palace and assaulting people with the Book of Common Prayer. Has he heard the Church of Scotland are now formally allowing openly gay clergy? Not that they didn’t have them already and very handsome ones too.

45. Richard the Big Bunny 21 May 2013, 4:03pm

“They won’t stop until they’re queueing to colonise my rectum!” — Sir Gerald Howarth

46. Seb Wayneflete 21 May 2013, 10:58pm

He’s quite right of course. The next thing I want to happen is for him and his like to be hung up by their goolies from Tower Bridge.