Shops near David Cameron’s office complain of lost takings due to anti-gay marriage protests

1. Well come on, shopkeepers, show a little initiative – go and tell the protestors to piss off and, if they don’t, hire a couple of rottweilers or something! Don’t just moan about it!

1. Or tell them, “No protesting without buying a drink/bun/antique watch!”

2. What Rehan said. If the C4M were protesting outside my shop, I would consider it my moral duty to throw eggs at them and/or unleash the Rottweilers. The C4M are unthinking homophobes and need to return to the 1950s or wherever it was they came from.

2. Michael 126 15 May 2013, 2:10pm

And I suppose it has nothing to do with the recession………

1. Jock S. Trap 15 May 2013, 2:11pm

I guess not when the people are protesting hold homophobic placards.

1. Michael 126 15 May 2013, 4:29pm

Sorry I took it as meaning that because David Cameron was supporting Gay marriage he had caused the problem. I wasn’t really considering the protestors as I have decided to ignore uneducated people who have nothing better to do with their lives than protest. I was merely stating that the recession would drive the shops profits down. But i get your point. Wonder why the shopkeepers didn’t just use a fire extinguisher on them or throw out of date food at them. I am sure there are a million and one ways they could get the protestors moved. That’s if they really wanted them to move in the first place.

1. Michael 126 15 May 2013, 4:31pm

Sorry I meant equal marriage which I tried to correct and have posted twice. Really hate my computer

2. Michael 126 15 May 2013, 4:30pm

Sorry I took it as meaning that because David Cameron was supporting Equal marriage he had caused the problem. I wasn’t really considering the protestors as I have decided to ignore uneducated people who have nothing better to do with their lives than protest. I was merely stating that the recession would drive the shops profits down. But i get your point. Wonder why the shopkeepers didn’t just use a fire extinguisher on them or throw out of date food at them. I am sure there are a million and one ways they could get the protestors moved. That’s if they really wanted them to move in the first place.

3. Jock S. Trap 15 May 2013, 2:10pm

So not only to the homophobic religious squad not want marriage and decency they want businesses to fail as well.

Religion really is showing itself up for a fall.

4. Shame on these people.

If this lot of do-gooder-middle-englanders want to challenge proposed legislation, they should do so by lobbing Parliament.

But these people are not interested in equality or fairness, but maintaining an unequal society, which favours and indulges their selfish selves.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 15 May 2013, 2:39pm

The thing is, these ingrates have lobbied Parliament far more than we have by contacting their local MPs and they’ve most certainly inundated the Lords with hateful comments. Bigot Tory MP David Burrowes claims he voted no because the majority of his constituents support him and bothered to contact him. Where were all the gay constituents in this?

I’ve said this many times before at PN, complacency and apathy don’t win anything.

If every gay man and woman contacted the Lords, it’s quite feasible that equal marriage would pass with a comfortable majority. I don’t see that happening unless they hear from us, especially those in opposition.

5. soapbubblequeen 15 May 2013, 2:21pm

Haven’t this bunch of retired wealthy pensioners got anything better to do with their lives?

1. They will regret wasting their hatred on this, and will soon be thinking they should have protested the nhs/care homes etc for the mistreatment of the elderly which is something which will be their problem very soon. Anyhow they learn and die.

1. Not only that, they’ll have difficulty explaining this protest to any non-heteronormative grandchildren they may have.

6. Robert in S. Kensington 15 May 2013, 2:33pm

Let’s hope it garners support for EM as a result of the protests. I’m sure many businesses small or large would much rather support EM than lose money if they had to choose or face going out of business altogether. Just look at the age group in that photo, says it all.

7. 288 signatures? O Wow! NOT!

8. I love this little vignette of little Middle England. It’s got it all. I can feel a movie script coming on. :-)