DUP MP William McCrea: ‘David Cameron has no mandate for his same-sex marriage bill’

1. A DUP MP has no mandate to vote on a bill that only affects England and Wales and has no affect on his constitency in NI!

DUP should stop interferring on issues that don’t affect them…

And the govt does have a clear mandate, it’s gone thru the second vote with a huge majority and yes it was in the Tory manifesto and the lib dems and lab support SSM…

1. Robert in S. Kensington 9 May 2013, 1:57pm

It wasn’t in the manifesto itself but Contract fo Equalities, public knowledge prior to the election. McCrea is a bare-faced liar. He should be reminded that the NHS reforms weren’t in the manifesto either, among others in the history of Parliamentary legislation. He also lies when he says that no party has a mandate for it. Well, the Liberal Democrats official policy includes it. Another DUP bigot ranting again just tlike that mumbling bungling idiot DUP bigoted member Jim Shannon during the equal marriage committee hearings. Since NI has devolved government, none of its politicians should be allowed to sit in the Westminster Parliament since this legislation has nothing to do with them. None of ours are accorded the same right to sit and vote in theirs.

2. This is the sound of an ante-diluvian dinosaur harrumphing loudly as he charges forward into the 19th century.

He should go back to worrying about the evils of travelling by steam train.

3. Oh look, he just happens to be a Free Presbytarian Minister.

1. That There Other David 9 May 2013, 2:11pm

Indeed. All Fire and Brimstone and without a shred of heart or humility. Nothing Christian about any of them.

4. As a man of religion he is mentally ill and he represents a not-quite-civilised part of the UK. Let’s get rid of Northern Ireland. It is of no use to the rest of the UK.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 9 May 2013, 2:00pm

I’m all for ceding it back to the republic where it rightfully belongs. It would be their worst nightmare because the overwhelming number of people in Ireland support equal marriage. Oh how I would relish that day to see these nasty Paisleyites squirm and hopefully top themselves.

1. What a delicious reply!

5. Itchycoo Mark 9 May 2013, 2:02pm

Man Date, if either of these 2 had a date with a man the UK might be better place

6. The mean spirited hopelessness of some of these people always shines through. I ‘m getting on myself but sometimes when I hear people like this I think it will be better when many of us move on and thereby help the world progress.

7. morals > filth 9 May 2013, 4:17pm

This gay marriage bill is now a dead duck thankfully.
    Perhaps government could concentrate on stuff that actually benefits society. Homosexuality has no benefit whatsoever to the wider society.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 9 May 2013, 4:40pm

Idiot, haven’t you heard of the Parliament Act which Maria Miller whose bill this is said in December last that it wouldn’t be ruled out prior to the vote on 5th February? Hetero pretenders like you are of no benefit to civilisation. It’s a pity your mother didn’t miscarry or better, had an abortion.

1. morals > filth 9 May 2013, 4:49pm

The spite of the deviant brigade always results in personal insult whereas my comments are directed at the filthy behaviour.
        I take the high road with such human garbage since I am aware that lower life expectancy can cause bitterness.

2. Poor man, you are mentally ill and should be in a lunatic asylum. Like all disturbed men who haunt gay sites, what you really want is a penis in your botty. Do try to come to terms with that and you might recover your sanity and become a much happier person.

3. That There Other David 9 May 2013, 5:30pm

LOL. “Dead duck”? You’re going to be very disappointed.

8. That’s why it was a FREE VOTE in the Commons, inbred sheepshagger.

9. The $10 ‘Doctor’ speaks!! I wonder which screwball American ‘university’ sold him his ‘Doctorate’???
    McCrea and his ilk are only interested in nurturing their own bigotry and prejudice, they have absolutely nothing of any value to offer anyone!
    And as for the truth – clearly a man of his exalted status has no use for such a thing … he’s above such nonsense as sticking to the facts. Vile pillock!!!

10. I’m quite shocked by that comment. While I agree that Ireland would be better served by being made one nation I think that referring to it as ‘not quite civilised’ is bordering on Hate. Mr mcCrea is a horrible man but please do not just this entire island or its people by his opinions. As anyone who has been here will tell you, it’s just like every other city in the world, it has it good and it’s not so good. Considering its history, largely determined by the British, Ireland is as civilised as any city in the Uk.

11. Vincent Creelan 9 May 2013, 11:17pm

The DUP…. are a party of sectarian, racist, homophobic and misogynistic men who always say no, spout much about being British and then deny fundamental BRITISH COMMON SENSE AND DECENCY WHEN IT COMES TO EQUALITY OF ANY KIND. I have lived my whole life under their shadow, and cannot wait like so many others for a new political reality to emerge. McCrea, much like Iris Robinson is a hypocrite and a hateful old ma. Yes I am gay, I am married to a man, I was a police officer and am a father and grandfather… how dare he try to dictate my second class citizenship.

12. And the DUP will never have a mandate for majority rule in Northern Ireland, demographically speaking.

So why don’t you f*ck off back to whatever care home for the incurably bigoted Iain Paisley is vegetating in? Thanks.