Stephen Williams: Same-sex marriage is a great social reform but I’m waiting for Prince Charming

1. Pavlos Prince of Greece 9 May 2013, 12:03am

I see … But same-sex marriage is not legal yet.

2. Colin (London) 9 May 2013, 12:11am

It will happen…..history in the making….And better we show to other countries that is fine to be gay. There is more than one way tp live a good, responsible, loving and inclusive life.

If I’m allowed I’ll be dancing outside Parliament that night.

Thankyou to the PM and all other MP’s who went the extra mile for us a minority group. I admire you all and love that on this one you came together.

Thanks Stephen Williams and good luck finding Prince Charming….Great advert mate…lol

3. Wait… what’s this stuff about a Tea Party congressman from Alabama? The full passage in Cameron’s speech is:

“My hon. Friend said that he was looking for a soulmate. I can reveal that he did not find one when he went to the United States on a parliamentary exchange with a member of Congress. He had wanted to shadow someone from the liberal wing of the Democratic party, but ended up with a Tea party Republican from Alabama, which is home, Members will be pleased to know, of the Crimson Tide. So he spent a few days with someone who opposes all regulation of greenhouse gases, opposes all recognition of same-sex marriage, and is backed by the National Rifle Association. I have looked into this deeply. The Congressman in question also wants to establish a human colony on the moon, although history does not relate whether he came to that conclusion before or after meeting my hon. Friend.”

I can’t find any more information about this – does this kind of thing happen a lot?

4. Who can argue with that ? ABBA sure rocks !!!

(although mine isn’t Dancing Queen, it’s “Honey, Honey”)

5. gary47290 9 May 2013, 4:59am

My UK friends – what is the Lords doing with the equal marriage bill?

1. Parliament has only just re-convened, it is due to have it’s reading soon.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 9 May 2013, 12:09pm

Some time this month, gary.

6. I thought David Cameron’s response was very funny!

1. Michael 2912 9 May 2013, 10:38am

Indeed. It was meant to be; and an appropriate way of making common cause.

7. They played a clip of Stephen Williams on BBC 2 The Daily Politics a short while ago. Immediately afterwards -

Andrew Neil: “Now do politicians speak the language of ordinary people? Well if you listened to that, I think it’s just answered itself, that question.”

More BBC bias against marriage equality?

8. We are all waiting for our Prince charming…

1. GingerlyColors 11 May 2013, 11:23pm

I am Adam-ant that gay marriage should be legalized!

9. GingerlyColors 11 May 2013, 11:22pm

Same here mate. I am waiting for a John Barrowman look-a-like!