US: Gay rights protestors including a shirtless man photo-bomb ‘God Hates Fags’ demo

1. Liam the God 4 May 2013, 1:04pm

Classy :) When all they hear is their own voice it’s an open goal for mocking them, :) Bollocks to the Phelps Cult (and I had to re-type the word “Cult” 3 times before I got it right!)!!

1. I built a cross out of two didoes and took it to one of their protests – they are so narcicistic that they didnt even see it

1. Liam the God 6 May 2013, 1:04am

They did see it. Fred was probably coveting it ;)

2. oh my
    that shirtless guy is cute :P
    and good on those people who protested against WestBoro

3. That’s the way to do it – ridicule is so much more an appropriate (and I should think effective) way of dealing with the WBC nutcases than getting offended by them.

4. Julian Morrison 4 May 2013, 2:33pm

What’s with the censor blurs? An image saying “” is bad?

1. Julian Morrison 4 May 2013, 2:34pm

Hah, and my quote got censored too.

5. Benjamin Cohen 4 May 2013, 2:36pm

I think PinkNews could only find the censored photos. We only censor one word in our content and we only censor a few in the comments

1. Spanner1960 4 May 2013, 3:46pm

…Ever since you deemed the word “AIDS” a profanity.

1. Benjamin Cohen 4 May 2013, 7:56pm

AIDS isn’t but depending who posts it, it gets moderated. I’m aware of the trolls. They change their IP address every day so we can’t properly ban them but the police are aware. When someone posts something bad, click report and the team get sent an email to review it. We have had more than 1 million comments since we moved to WordPress and it is not possible for us to read every single one and still write new articles!

1. Spanner1960 5 May 2013, 12:11am

Sorry, but nowhere is safe on the Internet.
          Bullying websites into vainly attempting to rid the world of trolls simply does not work.
          No matter how much protection one applies, they will always get through.
          Sorry, but if your niece was so badly affected by the likes of that nasty piece of work, I suggest she just stays away.

2. You censor only one in your content and a few in the comments? How did you come up with this brilliant plan?

If you’re so keen on the censorship why do you let the trolls run around freely shitting all over your comment system.

I guess I’m about to find out if ****** is on the naughty list now

6. Jane McQueen 4 May 2013, 2:41pm

Part of me thinks in the UK we are missing out on having a comparable group to the WBC, as it would give alsorts of fun opportunities like this.

1. Phil Ludlow 4 May 2013, 3:29pm

We don’t miss out at all. Ever heard of the Catholic Church?

1. Jane McQueen 4 May 2013, 3:55pm

I will give you the Catholic Church being objectionable, but the WBC take it to a whole new level.

1. People laugh at the WBC and think they’re insane. Not enough people laugh at the Catholic Church.

2. Why would you want a group like this in the UK? They would not be allowed to protest like that anyway as it would fall under hate speech.

On the other hand, I see what you mean, a small brainwashed group like the WBC over here, can you imagine the strength of numbers we would have to counter demonstrate, could be fun!

Oh and we still have lots in the Tory Party, UKIP, the CofE, the RC Church, Islam among others who seek to deny us our rights!

1. I think they went to england and didnt get admitted. Smelled like a ton of rotting fish

They defintely got tossed out of Canada

7. Albert-in-PDX 4 May 2013, 3:03pm

I absolutely love it. A little taste of their own medicine?

8. Yes I have a sign too -one finger pointing up – good on all of you for counter acting GHF – can they not find more productive things to do with their time and money.

9. Spanner1960 4 May 2013, 3:45pm

Has anyone noticed the way the WBC people always seem to get cordoned off and nobody can get near them?

I assume this must be a police thing, because if they weren’t there Westboro would probably have seven bells of shit kicked out of them.

10. Hehe! Shirtless Chris is damn cute!

People are beginning to see how utterly stupid the WBC is. Their reasoning for blaming the gays for every natural disaster or catastrophe is begging to look pointless. The WBC will not exist soon, having been kicked into oblivion by decent people.

Its only the cults like the Catholic Church and other brainwashed individuals that will try to continue the WBC protests!

11. Well isn’t free speech and freedom of expression nice Shirley/

12. The intention is good. But at the end of the day, actions like this help keep the church going through what this man is giving them, publicity. The Phelps are a family of lawyers, whose sole goal is to antagonize and make as much money as possible while doing so. Whether they believe it or not is irrelevant, I wish people would actually realise that the way to get rid of these people is to IGNORE them.

1. Har Davids 5 May 2013, 8:44am

I wonder what would hurt them more: being ignored or ridiculed? As long as they’re around, we might as well have some fun with them, as long as we don’t forget to keep them away from their intended victims, usually people whose death is associated in some devious way with gay rights.

13. Gavin Perkins 4 May 2013, 11:08pm

I think I am rather in love with this guy for many reasons . . .

14. I should say that as those gay rights protestors are probably right. Humors is a good way to show what those Westboro churchgoer are… stupid morron.

15. A note to the author of the article, calling Westboro a “fundamentalist church” is like calling the KKK or the Black Panthers a “fundamentalist church.” Not only are they not an actual church, there is an internet movement/petition to have them labeled as a hate group, which they are. They’re nothing more than a litigious hate group using the guise of “freedom of speech” to protest and incite violence. In the future, if you would like to be taken as a more serious writer, call them what they really are. Call a Spade a Spade.

16. Widdershins 5 May 2013, 4:59am

About time

17. Murray Hunt 5 May 2013, 3:54pm

I Love it… About time we showed how much of a joke they are… Two can play the game… Yay for the Gays

18. Tom Cotner 6 May 2013, 9:45pm

If the WBC attracted guys like Chris every time they demonstrated, I’d say – “Bring ‘em on!” Chris is a hottie!