US radio host: Ohio school had “no option but to fire” teacher for being gay

1. Again, I ask PN to PLEASE stop giving this woman and Bryan Fischer the airtime they crave!

But in response, they did have a choice, they could have chosen to ignore the complaint against a woman who was grieving and has had a great teaching record.

1. They should consider at least the possibility of condolences as the other option? Just saying.

2. Does this mean that it’s legal in the USA to fire someone because they are religious if you’re not, or if they’re a different religion to you? I’m sure lots of people would object to that, and rightly so.

3. It is quite astounding that in a country such as the USA that there is no employment protection for LGBT employees – scary. Mind you, it is probably more scary that the country obviously needs it!!

4. Sorry D.McCabe but if Pink News fail to reports this kind of news then where am I to read it. I prefer to know my enemies and what exactly they are saying against me and my community. If you don’t want to read it….then don’t.

5. I didn’t realise your sexuality qualified you for “insubordination”?

Seems being homophobic and bigoted is far more important than having an excellent teacher and one that could be a good role model for straight and gay children alike!!!

Disgusting!!

6. That There Other David 3 May 2013, 4:16pm

Linda Harvey is living on borrowed time. Her world is getting smaller every day. Hence the spite and anger masquerading as opinion.

She’ll be slowly removed as her listeners disappear, until finally all that’ll be left is a little-noticed YouTube channel.

Don’t bother with her. She’s already history.

7. What about an athiest, buddist etc, they are not following your definition of the word of god either. should they be fired.

Basically the bint is saying sack anyone who does not follow my religion.

8. Jock S. Trap 3 May 2013, 5:09pm

Strange turn of events isn’t it….

People who can’t stop thinking about what sex people do in bed sack a person for being open, honest and being herself… they claim it’s not in the interest of children.

Like this vile creature they insist that bigotry, hate, discrimination, bullying, murder.. the list is endless… is a better format to be teaching children. They claim it is safer for ‘their’ children…

Curious because I know who I’d rather have teaching my child.

Why do these cowards hide behind children to try to justify their nasty, hated spewed agenda?

9. Ms. Harvey in general has extremely unjust and hateful opinions of gay people.

But this is the first time I agree with her.

I think it is very wrong that in the US in most states someone can be legally fired just for being gay.

But I also think religious schools should
    be able to teach what they believe in.

I hope to see laws crafted in the US that protect most gay people from discrimination while allowing religious institutions to continue to discriminate until they themselves decide it is unjust.

This would make it easier to have these laws happen.

1. That There Other David 3 May 2013, 9:03pm

Religious “schools” are mental abuse of children IMO. Nothing more than insecure people desperate to validate their own beliefs by ensuring their own children are indoctrinated in them.

The French have the right idea when it comes to religion and education. Total separation.

10. Barry William Teske 4 May 2013, 6:26am

And the “Top 100 ‘God’s Terrorists’ of the last 100 Years” are…
    Submit your candidates and hope God cleans up its ‘flock’ soon.
    My 2nd choice is anyone who owns a gun in the name of ‘self defence’.
    My 1st choice is the US of A’s NRA.
    Crime stats are up.
    Hate and intolerance are crimes.

11. Kay from NZ 4 May 2013, 7:54am

Obviously the school should also fire any staff seen eating oysters or lobster, or wearing polycotton. They should be consistent in opposing supposedly “unBiblical” behaviour. And don’t forget to stone the divorcees too.

12. OK, Linda – tell us what Bible-bashing Protestants like you REALLY believe about Roman Catholics.
    You know – the stuff you cover up as long as they go along with your homophobia.
    Opportunistic hypocrite.

13. Colin (London) 6 May 2013, 12:07pm

My goodness to kick a person when they are down. Sad shocking repugnant and thats carla hale a small time stupid woman with a penis sized microphone.

Media look deeper and contribute to society positively.

To me this is so wrong however religious schools are also wrong.

14. Colin (London) 6 May 2013, 12:08pm

Wrong name Sorry meant Linda Harvey.

15. Gina Bennett 23 May 2013, 6:27pm

Hey look! It’s an Anita Bryant wannabe!