US: ‘Ex-gay’ activist: I admit using Grindr, but I never used it for sex

1. Paula Thomas 2 May 2013, 5:53pm

Yeah right!!!! What did you use it for then?

1. He just wanted some friends LOL

1. Another “I didn’t inhale” moment.

2. MerlynHerne 2 May 2013, 11:08pm

Uh, maybe he thought it was an app for buying coffee? (Just kidding)

1. He was looking up Colombian, dark, strong, and smooth at the time.

2. So he’s made a proclamation that he’s given up his blog – but no proclamation that he’s given up Grindr?

A far better cure for the ex-gay preacher to cure what ails him is to become a gay ex-preacher.

3. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2013, 6:01pm

Yeah right… just for “research” then??

4. What a tiresome, self-loathing little hypocrite. Well, as well all know, where sexuality is concerned, the truth will always ‘out’ (pardon the pun) because the sexual imperative is just too strong to deny forever. Really people, you have to feel sorry for the poor old fruit – we’re out AND loving it! whereas, he’s, well, ‘in’ and hating himself! Who’d you rather be?

5. Robert in S. Kensington 2 May 2013, 6:13pm

Ex-gay my arse! So, Preacher Moore, who were you looking for then if you say you were just looking to see who was on Grindr’? Who does he think was on it?

Just wait and see, in a few months he’ll come out or someone with the ‘goods’ on him will do it for him. Not even ‘ex-gay’ spokesperson John Paulk could keep up the pretence for that long.

6. Leaving the gay lifestyle then just using grinder to get company to go to a gay bar?

Maybe the gay lifestyle he knows doesn’t include more than superficial relationships.

Maybe some psychological growth would be better?

7. I have this wierd feeling of deja vu, can’t shake it, I’ve definately heard this tale somewhere before.
    So when does Mr Moore begin “documenting his weight loss”?
    I give it a couple of months…

8. Suddenly Last Bummer 2 May 2013, 7:33pm

He’s only 24 and he’s already twisted with lies and delusions. Idiot.

9. Bloody liar.

10. Girl, please.

11. at last, a fun story! homosexuality (from one bad translation!) is only being disobedient to other levites not god, you womble! (other translations relate to how anarchronistic this flimsy fable of historical land-grabbing is! temple-whore, huh?!) this guy’s an idiot and shows his religional weakness for penitence! it is so laughable! blood-bought child of god! it’s risible! hey matt, you know you wanna!! wink-wink!

12. Come on Matt, stop kidding yourself. Life is short – 1000 months, and only 250 months of youth. Make the most of the time you have, while you have it. I promise you, when you grow up and grow out of your fanaticism, you will look back at yourself and have regrets for the love and life you never experienced. You owe it to yourself and others, to be honest about your nature. If you are in London – look me up and I will gladly take you around the Natural History Museum to help you break away from ignorance.

1. I really love your reply to this issue….I can only think how bad it really is for this guy and in a way my heart does go out to him too…I hope you get to meet and help him out….

13. johnny33308 2 May 2013, 11:50pm

So, he expects us to believe that he used a gay hook-up app merely for chatting, and chatting exclusively with gay men looking for immediate sex. I suppose he’ll try to sell us the Brooklyn Bridge next…..he is the worst possible sort of scum….a secret self-loathing homo claiming God turned him straight…..hahahahahahaha….like that could EVER happen! What a moron….

14. That’s like an alcoholic going into a bar telling other patrons not to drink.

1. Or an alcoholic swigging a vodka and tonic in a bar and telling everyone it’s fizzy mineral water.

15. a “blood-bought child of God.”?

Jesus (as it were) – talk about freakish approaches to life! This person’s use of language (“I just wanted to see who was on it”) reveals much more about him than he realises, clearly.

16. Michael 2912 3 May 2013, 8:09am

Sad. Methinks this poor guy has even further to fall. Hope there’s someone nearby to catch him.

1. I hope there is someone there for him…he really needs a man and a good friend…it’s really hard for me to read stories like this because it’s not fair to this guy…

17. Crazy Story
    He not use Grindr again
    he uses Jack’d / BoyAhoy / Scruff / Maleforce /
    Hornet / Mister / GuySpy

18. Of course you didn’t. Just the same as the other people on there who say they’re not looking for fun or into NSA but 3 messages in are sending you their address and a picture of themselves in the scud

19. Chester666666 3 May 2013, 11:58am

So he’s ex-gay who didn’t actually be ex-gay , he uses grindr to meet people but not for sex
    He seems very confused

20. Chester666666 3 May 2013, 11:58am

He seems very confused

21. My favourite story of the day so far. How amusing.

22. Why does this clown need to “tag along” with anyone? He would have far better chances of meeting new “friends” going solo. He is a liar and a hypocrite.

23. That it took him nearly three months to come up with this risible ‘explanation’ should say something before we even rake over the details. So Moore has ‘come out of the homosexual lifestyle’ but he still not only wants to go to gar bars but uses a sex hookup site to find somebody to go with (and what would be in it for them?) For pities sake…

24. Spanner1960 5 May 2013, 6:52pm

That’s like saying “I smoked pot, but I never inhaled.”

25. Why are we, as gay men and women, even discussing or writing articles on this including the subject in the last few paragraphs. It’s a waste of time and energy.
    We are highly successful and educated minority that punch waaaaaay above our weight yet spend our time on complete drivel like this.
    Lets focus on what actually matters and not on some loser who disgraces us by pretending he’s straight. Or discussing some d**khead an her need to spread evil and contempt.

I need a sleeping tablet after reading this.