US: Church to picket basketball playoff games because ‘the NBA is full of fags’

1. The NBA needs to play one of it’s teams against the WBC for comedy value.

1. Perhaps not such a good idea because of all the wrongful injury suits that would be filed against the NBA because so many people fell out of the bleachers, due to uncontrollable laughter. LOL

2. Christopher In Canada 2 May 2013, 3:36am

It’s too ad evolution proceeds so slowly – I feel these idiots beign left behind already, but I wish it would happen quicker.

3. These people are becoming tedious.

4. I sometimes wonder if these people are secretly on our side. They antagonize mainstream society while also providing a clear picture of the ugliness of homophobia. No one wants to be on their side.

1. If this doesn’t turn the NBA pro-gay nothing will.

They couldn’t do gay rights a better favour if they tried.

1. David Myers 3 May 2013, 12:27pm

I totally agree. This will make homophobia in the NBA look really ugly and they won’t want to be considered as being like these idiots under any circumstances.

2. sfnathis & twitless I totally agree with you!

5. GingerlyColors 2 May 2013, 6:34am

The Westboro Baptist Church hates everybody!

6. How the WBC have the cheek to accuse others of being publicity whores is beyond me.
    They are professional trolls, they antagonise everybody from left to right and always contrive to stay just within the law so when they get the inevitable backlash occurs they can sue the pants of whichever local authority, police force or individual didn’t protect their precious first amendment rights.
    See this article for one reporter’s eyewitness account of how they pick targets…
    I sometimes think their goal is to test the first amendment to breaking point.
    No-one can hate so many different groups of people from so many walks of life with that much bile without becoming a cynical parody of a human being.

1. They are not unlike Abu Qatada in the UK whose greatest achievement will be when this government throws out our human rights legislation just to send him back to Jordan.

7. This could be interesting. A small amount of hate mongers against basketball loving men and women, I can see things getting ugly there and the WBC beating a hasty retreat.

I don’t think that the WBC have the support that they think they do.

8. Pink news you need some proportion. There might be kids reading this and thinking the whole world is against them. Westbro are a minority and don’t deserve so much publicity. I really want you to take you status as europes larges gay site seriously and use you editorial power to find some positive stories too.

You should not aspire to be like the Sun

1. Dave North 2 May 2013, 9:17am

And stop calling it a “church”

It is nothing of the sort.

2. I tend to agree, I think we’re giving the WBC far more publicity than it deserves.

1. Mister Fister 2 May 2013, 4:08pm

I was just going to post the same message. These odious creatures’ shock tactics are tiresome. Don’t give them the attention they crave. I think everyone knows what they are about and we are no longer really interested.

3. Brett Gibson 2 May 2013, 2:36pm

Well the kids are going to find out soon enough that life isn’t all daisies and rainbows. They need to be educated on their enemy, it’s the best defence. Any kid who reads the news nowadays days is bound to be of a certain intelligence level, clever enough to see the WBC for who they really are.

Grow up.

4. pink news is just doing what journalism does. There’s very rarely such thing as “good news” that grabs attention.

9. Isn’t it about time that whatever hate-crime legislation there is in the USA is invoked, for this is incitement to hatred of a minority group, pure and simple.

If that poster said “Nigger! Sambo! . . . ” and so forth, steps would be taken in the US, surely?

So why not with regard to their demonstration and incitement of hatred of homosexual people?

1. WBC gets away with it because of their guardian angels that sit in government.
      The Republican Party effectively vetoes any efforts to make laws that would protect LGBT citizens from discrimination.

10. If someone called me an Ass Pirate I think it’d make my day.

What a wonderfully camp term. :)

1. Liam the God 2 May 2013, 11:48am

Yes, it does sound a bit “Kenneth Williams”, doesn’t it? Why don’t they sling in some Polari and go for the full “Round the Horne” remake? :D

11. That There Other David 2 May 2013, 10:08am

This God bloke sound a right miserable sod all in all. Is there anything he actually likes?

1. I imagine in their tiny little minds the only thing God would like is them.

What a Heaven that would be, the big man and the WBC. I’ll take Hell anyday if that’s the choice.

1. That There Other David 2 May 2013, 10:28am

Burn in infinite pain…..or the Phelps clan? Burn in infinite pain….or the Phelps clan?

Yeah, it’s a toughie that. I think I’d be happier in the flames too.

12. Jacob Dugan-Brause 2 May 2013, 10:29am

To the editors and readers of PN:

Please stop taking the bait on this “church”. I used to live in the USA and while I agree there are disagreeable groups there, Westboro has been thoroughly discredited in the states.

I might note, news is news precisely because it is new; WBC tactics are not and they are increasingly ignored.

13. They always forget about us lesbians you know, feeling a little left out haha ;) xx

1. hahaha….. :)

14. I just ‘love’ this WB Church!! They so help the world see just how hateful and crazy Christianity (when taken too far to the right) can be.

I used to hate them for what they preached, but now I ‘LOVE’ them. Thank you WBC for your LGBT activism!! Your approach to helping the LGBT cause is a tad unconventional but we acknowledge it!

Hope you’re enjoying the view of the Rainbow House! And let us know if you need more hateful placard signs. Happy pickering!

1. Neil Cameron 2 May 2013, 1:44pm

I Think they should be about set to get a big gay basketball court put in not too far away from the rainbow house!
      That church is gonna turn into a magnet for just about anything that their god hates.

15. The Westboro nut jobs have done more to discredit religious belief than any catholic priest ever could. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I’d be convinced this lot were being funded by a PRO gay sponsor. Why ever they do it … keep up the good work girls!

16. I wish these homophobic freaks would get a grip. They obviously have to much free time.

17. Definition of ass

noun

1 a hoofed mammal of the horse family, which is typically smaller than a horse and has longer ears and a braying call. •Genus Equus, family Equidae: E. africanus of Africa, which is the ancestor of the domestic ass or donkey, and E. hemionus of Asia

(in general use) a donkey.

2 British informal a foolish or stupid person:that ass of a young man

I neither hijack donkeys or foolish / stupid people, but I have been known to do some ‘Jolly Rogering’!!!

Surely the WBC do not expect to be taken seriously!?!

18. Wiccedgoddess 2 May 2013, 2:03pm

They attempted to picket here in Texas at the city of West’s memorial services for the fallen personnel, the Sheriff promptly had them placed in a holding cell for 24 hours so the families could mourn in peace! More towns/cities should start doing this. A person can be held for 24 hours before either being charged or released back into the public.

19. Richard Goffin-Lecar 2 May 2013, 2:54pm

I’m straight, but I cannot believe these idiots of the WBC – have they never heard of LOVE THEIR NEIGHBOUR? Gay, straight, transgender or bisexual, we are all human beings, and we all deserve respect – and we all need to be loved. What is their problem?

20. ED FROM PITTSBURGH 2 May 2013, 3:56pm

It’s a wonder the NBA couldn’t go after them for using the logo (however doctored). Sue their asses out of existence.

1. It would be wonderful if the NBA could sue WBC for copyright infringement, buy the land the church stands on, raze it, and erect a monument/kiosk where people could come, and like the legend of the Roman General, Scipio Africanus, after he conquered Carthage, cast a symbolic cup of salt on the ground to say that hatred like that will never be allowed to grow in “soil” of ay kind.

21. I get a kick out of these people’s infatuation with gay sex. It almost sounds like jealousy.