Staffordshire: UKIP election leaflet mocks bisexuals and warns of explicit ‘Homosexual Sex Education’

1. Spanner1960 26 Apr 2013, 5:38pm

I really don’t get UKIP sometimes.
    They really cut their noses off to spite their faces. Unfortunately I think sometimes every waif, stray, fruit-loop and nut-job wannabe politician that has been discredited by other parties ends up hanging on to these smaller parties in the forlorn hope they will rise up with them..

If Farrage and Co. want to demonstrate any credibility within the mainstream voters, they really have to weed out these prats, or they are going to lose a lot of support.

I was a long-time follower of UKIP, but this whole anti same-sex marriage attitude has disillusioned me and a lot of other people, and until they get their acts together on this one, I’m afraid I’m out.

1. The whole concept of UKIP is flawed. A party based on one sngle policy can never work. They dont agree on anything else apart from Europe (and even then they arent totally in agreement). They are doomed to failure.

1. Spanner1960 26 Apr 2013, 9:27pm

Two policies actually – the EU and immigration as a whole.
        However the fact is that those two factors influence almost every facet of our government and the British way of life, including economy, health, education, employment, social services, defence, law, order and justice, benefits and pensions, agriculture and fisheries and many more ramifications. Fix those two and an awful lot of the rest will fall into place.

1. The anti-EU and immigration are basically the same thing, its still xenophobia, however you paint it. They only agree on the very most basic issues, not the details, its a collection of left and right, it just will not work, and clearly isnt working.

1. UKIP are full of fruit loops and homophobes and for that reason I cannot vote for them. But it is wrong to say that you are xenophobic if you want to see controlled (as opposed to uncontrolled) immigration and some changes to the EU.

We pay more into the EU then we get out. British taxpayers subsidise other European countries whilst running a colossal budget deficit and having to cut services! How is this defensible?

The British people and UK government have a right to control the borders of the country. Our public services are under ever increasing demand whilst simultaneously facing budget cuts and budget freezes (and the public debt is still getting higher and higher!), houses cost an absolute fortune, there are no jobs, wages have been reduced massively because of an influx of cheap labour.

I don’t believe uncontrolled immigration is at the source of Britain’s problems but it certainly doesn’t help.

2. P.S. Do you consider Australia and Canada, for example, xenophobic because they have very strict border controls and also aren’t part of the EU??

3. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 12:12am

Xenophobia my arse. It’s called protecting one’s country, tradition and heritage.
            We have been taken for a ride within and without. The EU is bleeding us dry and every other third world country sees us as a totally soft touch.

4. Funnily enough a lot of UKIP members are colonial immigrants themselves, they resent the easy time the EU immigrants had in getting here. The FACTS say that EU immigrants benefit this country, the colonial ones do not. Maybe we should throw them out instead.

5. We didn’t spend 1000 years building this place just for others to wander in and reap the benefits.

Not quite 1000 years though, is it? The Normans wandered in to reap quite considerable benefits 947 years ago.

2. Sister Mary Clarence 27 Apr 2013, 1:15am

“However the fact is that those two factors influence almost every facet of our government and the British way of life”

However …. neither run a country ….

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 4:51pm

Oh really?
            Who runs this country? Westminster or Brussels?
            Answers on a postcard please.

2. I have just read the manifesto of our local candidate and it says they will take us out of Europe and stop immigration. I am curious as to how my county council will do that.

I also wonder if my county council goes UKIP and they are concentrating on taking my county out of Europe and banning immigration into my county, who is going to fix the roads and change the lightbulbs.

Nigel Farage admitted himself this week that they have acquired so many candidates so quickly even he doesn’t know who most of them are and a lot haven’t been vetted by the party. So if you vote UKIP, who are you voting for? Even Nigel Farage doesn’t know.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 11:25am

That was my point exactly. There are a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon here as they see UKIP on the rise, and a lot of them are coming up with their own manifestos, like this prat David Nixon. The UKIP central party need to get a handle on these loose cannons, and fast, or it is going to damage a lot of what they have achieved.

As for changing lightbulbs and fix roads, are ordinary Brits incapable of menial tasks? If we stomped down on benefits scroungers, I’m sure they could turn their hands to anything.

1. Interesting that you thought my point about fixing roads was aimed at foreign labour. I actually meant our county council should be doing that and candidates for the council should not be standing on a platform on which they cannot deliver.

Having said that. Most advanced countries thrive on immigration especially the right sort of immigration. That is, people that we need and people who aren’t going to undermine our culture as soon as they arrive.

3. They do have other policies – they are just so nutty that they avoid talking about them. Their health and education policies revolve around making everything the way it was in the 50s, except with a dose of alternative medicine and medical conspiracy theories. They have an extreme aversion to climatology (which they want to stop funding entirely) and wind farms (which they want to dismantle). They have extremely draconian policies on crime (bring back the death penalty, massively increase prison sentences, etc.), and want to vastly increase the size of the military. They want to cut or scrap all taxes, reduce public services to the bare minimum (except the army, police, and prisons, of course), and privatise almost all of them. Needless to say, if they actually talked about all this stuff instead of going on and on and on about the EU and immigrants, they wouldn’t be taken very seriously.

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:54am

Well the global warming stuff has been proven by many leading scientists to be total bunk, and millions are being spent on green research. That is one gravy train that needs to be stopped. As for capital punishment, why not? Anyway proven to commit terrorism should be strung up in my opinion. As for longer sentences, again, life should mean life. Some people are getting away with less than four years for killing somebody. Courts are being told to go easy because we haven’t got the prison space.

May I remind you of this case:

1. Lesbian Liz 28 Apr 2013, 12:55pm

“global warming stuff has been proven by many leading scientists to be total bunk”

That’s a lie.

And it’s totally irresponsible.

You’re a fool.

Go away deluded fascist.

2. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:28pm

@Liz:
            Don’t take my word for it:

There may well be climate change, but it naturally changes anyway. Man’s influence on it is minimal, if at all.

2. You were “a long-time follower of UKIP”, Spanner. Well, thank you for that confession. Can’t say I’m surprised, having seen so many of your narrow-minded, self-centred, I’m All Right Jack, Little Englander comments on these threads for so long. Oh, and once upon a time you even came across as a homophobe.

Well now we know.

I’m glad you’ve deserted UKIP, but I’m not impressed to hear that the only reason you give for leaving is discontent with their attitude to same-sex marriage. There’s one HELL of lot more wrong with UKIP than that!

1. Spanner1960 26 Apr 2013, 9:23pm

I never made any secret of the fact.
        It is pretty common knowledge where my political directions lie. I am a self-made businessman with a capitalist mind and a socialist heart.
        Labour have always been to my mind a bunch of hypocrites and nest featherers that claim to work for the people whilst creaming the very people they claim to help. The Tories at least won’t stab you in the back like Labour, but certainly wouldn’t think twice about stabbing you between the eyes either. The LibDems are just too wet and useless to be of any use to anybody. The big three are all beyond redemption and UKIP seems to be the best of a bad lot.

1. Hahaha, no.

2. Liam the God 26 Apr 2013, 11:22pm

I was right with you until your last half-sentence. NONE of them can be trusted!!!

2. GingerlyColors 27 Apr 2013, 8:21am

If anybody who wishes to leave the EU is a narrow-minded, self-centred, I’m All Right Jack, Little Englander, then I take it that Scots who want to leave the UK are narrow-minded, self-centred, I’m All Right Jock, Little Scotlanders.

1. Gingerly, please re-read my comment and note that I did not say that a person “who wishes to leave the EU is a narrow-minded, self-centred, I’m All Right Jack, Little Englander”.

There are people who reveal themselves to be narrow-minded, self-centred, I’m All Right Jack, Little Englanders, who ALSO wish to leave the EU.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 4:38pm

Is it a “self-centred, I’m All Right Jack” attitude to think that shelling out £50m a day to a bunch of foreigners that want to control their country is possibly a tad excessive?

3. Spanner your a brainwashed homophobic moron

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 11:26am

At least I can spell.

1. Yes Spanner you can but you still talk shit a lot of the time.

2. Paul Brownsey 28 Apr 2013, 8:34pm

That’s what I love about this board-the cut and thrust of intelligent debate.

1. you can’t have intelligent debate with a total twat like spanner!

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:18pm

I’m still waiting for you to even try.

4. GingerlyColors 28 Apr 2013, 1:53pm

I agree with Spanner1960 on many of these issues. There is more to politics than LGBT rights. I have concerns about the economy, law and order, the health service, education and immigration, much of which seems to be in the hands of Brussels so to me, the EU is a major issue and I feel it is time we took back control of our affairs.
      I often visit a pub near Cirencester, similar to what you like where they are happy with me being gay. I suggest that we get our Coates on and get down the Tunnel sometime.

1. Ginger take your homophobic views and your right wing crap off Pink News

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 3:05pm

Classic. if LGBT rights isn’t top of the list, then you’re quite obviously homophobic.
          Talk about blinkered.

1. Spanner please note that comment wasn’t posted by me, I’m another Chris. I’m the one that said you talk a lot of shit.

2. Odd isn’t it, how those who want to leave the EU claim they are running the UK? Yet the Irish who really DID have foreigners (Brits) running their country for 800 years have no such concerns?
        Nor do the ultra-nationalistic / patriotic French!

2. Robert in S. Kensington 26 Apr 2013, 5:48pm

The problem is, Nicholas Farage endorses that religious nutter crap. It’s a crap ridden party, racist, homophobic and inward looking. It has NO future.

1. Spanner1960 26 Apr 2013, 9:30pm

And you have a better alternative? A wet Tory beholden to the banks and the EU? An even wetter socialist that doesn’t have a clue what is going on within his own party let alone anyone else’s? or maybe just the poodle that plays catchup and claims to help run the country?

Please, gimme a break.

1. As bad as the main 3 are, and you wont get an argument from me on that, they are still 10,000% better than UKIP. Be careful what you wish for.

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:58am

The chances of ever having a UKIP government is unlikely, but if nothing else, they help direct the other three.
          Look what happened when the BNP got a seat. Everybody shat themselves, and things changed.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 26 Apr 2013, 10:33pm

And you say in your first post ‘I’m afraid I’m out’? Now you give us all a break! You’re far from out judging by the comments you’ve made in other posts. The UKIP would make the UK the laughing stock of Europe let alone the western world with it’s narrow-minded, xeonophobic island mentality that belongs to another era which turned us into a second rate power, the sick man of Europe.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 12:15am

Er, may I remind you, this “narrow-minded, xeonophobic island” once ruled half the world and won two world wars, and it was only this poncy alliance with the rest of Europe that dragged us down (and continues to do so).

1. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2013, 2:28am

No, we won WW2? We didn’t win it on our own. Quite the contrary. Had it not been for American involvement in 1941, you would be speaking German today. Why do you think Churchill turned to Roosevelt for help? There’s nothing to be proud of colonialism, exporting homophobia, oppressive Christianity and subjecting indigenous peoples to the will of an arrogant, xenophobic nation in the name of empire, not to mention the plundering, looting and murdering of innocent people by brute force. It’s absolutely shameful that you could defend that. There’s no way the UK could have gone it alone and it can’t go it alone out of the EU either. We make virtually nothing in the UK, the manufacturing base is virtually non-existent. How on earth do you think we could survive, isolated?

2. We won the war using a lot of troops from the Commonwealth, millions in fact. The descendants of whom UKIP want to ban from coming here.

What short memories Little Englanders have. And it wasn’t just Commonwealth.

By mid-1940 some 35,000 Polish airmen, soldiers and sailors had made their way to Britain, making up the largest foreign military force in the country; of these some 8,500 were airmen.

In all, 30 Polish airmen were killed during the Battle of Britain. One of them died at the hands of an angry crowd in east London. He had baled out of his fighter and landed, injured in Wapping. His incoherent rambling was mistaken for German and he was set-upon by the people who had gathered round him.

Early UKIP supporters probably.

3. Actually Robert, if it weren’t for the Soviet Union, Germany would have probably won the war. 95% of all German casualties after 1941 were inflicted by the Soviets.

4. Well said to him, Robert. And let’s remember that BEFORE the Americans got involved, a VAST number of soldiers from all three forces of ALL the Commonwealth countries ALSO came to Britain’s aid to resist the Nazis getting any further into Britain than all of the Channel Islands (and not to mention the 1000s of Commonwealth servicemen who died during the course of the war, AND the First World War).

5. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 5:28pm

Er… The “Commonwealth” was the former British Empire – same thing.

6. The Soviet Union under Stalin was a brutal dictatorship. However the Soviets captured Berlin and played the decisive role in defeating Nazi Germany. Over 20 million people died in the Soviet Union because of the German invasion, we need some perspective here.

7. Robert I called you something rude on mother thread I take it back good comment

8. once ruled half the world and won two world wars

Steady on, old fruit: there’s quite a bit of a difference between a quarter and a half, you know. And this island might have won the Battle of Britain, but certainly not the two ‘world’ wars, on its own anyway,

9. Bull, this nation was in serious decline, and the Empire long gone long before we joined in the 1970’s! The rot set in after WW1, with America in the ascendant, and the UK was virtually bankrupt after 1945. I was paying for WW2 from the moment I started earned until Gordon Brown was in No.11.
            Google “Marshall Plan”.

2. You have no future faggot

3. With the way it goes on about ‘Homosexual Sex Education’, it is almost as though they’re trying to say that kids will have to both witness a live demonstration, and have to give an example of they learned in front of the class. Which is just plain ludicrous on every conceivable level.

“you will be aware that prosecutions are rarely brought for under-age sex when the victims are 13 to 15-years-old”
    I thought that was mostly because the “criminals” are themselves 13-15 year old children. Hardly something that would warrant jail time and a lifetime membership of the Sex Offender’s Register.

Failure to appropriately understand what bisexuality is seems to be a retarded, borderline offensive re-branding of the OMG-not-the-polygamy!!!! rubbish.

David Nixon should go back to school before going into politics.

1. exactly when it is an adult that has sex with a 13 – 15 year old prosecutions are always brought unless there is no evidence. Heterosexual or otherwise.

1. I assume that if the “adult” is actually a 16 year old who has had consentual sex with a 15 year old, it’s very unlikely to be prosecuted however much evidence there is.

4. Unfortunately the BBC and other media give UKIP far more credibility than it deserves.

This looks to me like a hate campaign, but I wonder if Farage will do anything about it.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 26 Apr 2013, 6:14pm

Of course he won’t. Farage in all his delusion claims that the UKIP isn’t homophobic because it supports CPs which have suddenly become a very convenient weapon to use in the equal marriage debate but weren’t even wholeheartedly supported by the Tory party until recently, especially the UKIP equivalents among their back bencher homophobes who voted no on February 5th.

2. But the same could be said about the Greens in lots of circumstances… They came third in the London mayoral elections, for example… far ahead of the LDs. I imagine from what you’ve said elsewhere in this forum that you wouldn’t like the Greens given that much attention, so why should be give any attention at all to this homophobic, xenophobic bunch of nutjobs?

3. Liam the God 26 Apr 2013, 11:25pm

The Elephant in the Room has been the NHS “Reforms” that have gone completely unquestioned by all the media: The EU is a side show by comparison, and UKIP was a good diversion.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2013, 11:49am

Yes, and the NHS reforms weren’t even in the manifesto, but the bigots yelled and screamed that equal marriage wasn’t and should have been dumped. Not a word from any of them regarding the NHS reform though. No calls to abandon any of it. That only proves their bigotry and homophobia.

1. Not that I support the NHS reforms, but they were certainly mentioned in the 2010 Tory manifesto (it talks about putting GPs in charge of commissioning, turning all trusts into Foundation Trusts, and so on). I mean, it doesn’t cover every detail, but I don’t think anyone who read the manifesto can claim to be surprised at what they are doing.

2. Your getting boring now Robert, same old stuck record

3. Robert -YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN boring

4. They only ever had more votes than the Lib Dems in the European elections, and only then because most people don’t pay any attention to the European elections (which I find a bit sad, as living in a very safe Commons seat and council ward, they are the only elections I get to participate in where the candidates actually bother campaigning and the outcome isn’t a foregone conclusion).

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:25pm

If you read my earlier comments, that was because the ConLibs were riding high at the last general election after the farce of 13 years of NuLabour rule.
        Since then, their ratings in the polls have collapsed, and Milliband has done nothing, so the scenario is very different.
        I think many people will vote UKIO as a tactical or opposition vote just because of the totally apathy of all the major parties, and a very common feeling amongst people that they are sick and tired of failed promises, bailing out fat cats and banks, austerity measures and being bled dry and barked at by Europe.

Time and again parties have promised an EU referendum, and we have been let down and lied to for years, and many people, rightly or wrongly, feel betrayed.

1. John Tartin 29 Apr 2013, 7:22pm

Do shut up you homophobic bigot

2. Fairplay to you Spanner1960 your not your typical right wing gay commenter on Pink News who confirms to the Pink News Magisterium – you can think for yourself.

I oppose SSM and I think your comments on Pink News are some of the most enlightening – I know you agree with SSM, but at least you can engage with civil discussion instead calling everyone who disagrees with you a homophobe.

Best wishes

5. Sex education wasn’t explicit in my school (heterosexual or otherwise) and they will always prosecute an adult who has sex with someone under the age of 16 – unless he is saying that peadophiles generally don’t get prosecuted which isn’t factually correct at all.

6. Robert in S. Kensington 26 Apr 2013, 6:10pm

And SPUC is a catholic backed hate group.

1. SPUC – The Society for the Protection of Unborn Children are an anti-abortion group, not a hate group. I think you hate them because they disagree with you. They are fighting for what they believe in. The word “Homophobe” and words like “hate group” are labels used to stop debate, just as surely as the word “pervert” did in the past.

1. Tony I am with you – read the comments on this page carefully and you will see that the gay agenda is to close down debate and label anyone who disagrees with them a ‘homophobe’ or a ‘hater’. SPUC are good moral group who oppose the murder of innocent children. It is hard of course to have decent and civil debate on Pink News, because many of the people on here are not interested in honest discussion but just to “rant” and be “angry”.

1. Thanks David. I have a tendency to walk into the lion’s den. I note that I am being voted down, while Robert is voted up.

Yet he linked SPUC, catholic and hate in a single sentence and gave nothing more. Seems that anyone that opposes the “Pink agenda” is de facto a hater. I call it how I see it.

7. Right wingers have in recent years taken to describing themselves as “libertarians”. They believe it’s more palatable. Many of their most ardent supporters, who can easily be whipped up into a lather of indignation, would be the very people who would suffer most if they got real power.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 26 Apr 2013, 7:49pm

Genuine libertarians wouldn’t oppose equal marriage. It’s just a fancy word some like to use to disassociate themselves from the right wing label. Libertarianism embraces small government and equal marriage. UKIP will always be right wing and UK Centric, not a recipe for success but utter failure, something that half the Tory party hasn’t even quite learned. Sure, it may win one or two elections but it’s future won’t be anywhere in Parliament. Just not going to happen, not with a mutli ethnic society that we’ve become and more people coming out of the closet.

2. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 12:18am

UKIP are hardly “right wing” – try comparing any of our political parties with ones across the road and they are pretty middle of the road by comparison.

1. Well perhaps they don’t have to be a mirror image of parties in other countries to be described as right wing? Maybe their appeal to ex BNP members and those on the right of the tory party is just coincidental?

2. Really? Racist, homophobic, christofascist, even misogynistic when it suits them. No not right wing at all.

3. The problem is that libertarians are few and far between so they have to open their doors to fringe lunatics and conspiracy theorists to bolster their ranks. At least the right seems to be slowly prying itself away from religion again.

8. I live in Stone, it actually disturbs my that such vicious ignorant bigots are campaigning in my home town. God help this bastard if i ever meet him.

1. I’m going to ensure that I don’t forget to vote and i will be voting for the labour candidate

1. And spread the word like wildfire amongst everyone you know, clm!

This candidate needs more than defeating for what he’s done. He needs ostracising.

2. Spanner1960 26 Apr 2013, 9:39pm

Most Labour voters cannot see the damage Labour has done to them, their job prospects and their kid’s job prospects by allowing uncontrolled mass immigration.
        It is the lower social classes who have suffered most yet they still vote Labour – unbelievable! Ask anyone of them what 13 years of NuLabour did for them, how much they have in common with Blair, Brown, Milliband, Mandelson, Balls, Cooper et al – absolutely nothing!

1. Still better than the ‘we are libertarians.. honest!!’ Fascist UKIP. All they REALLY want is the freedom to be bigots, the freedom to prevent others from having it. Its a shame you cant see through them.

2. Liam the God 26 Apr 2013, 11:27pm

New Labour was a Purple Tory. Socialism in the Labour Party was killed by Neil Kinnock in the 1980’s.

3. I’m no fan of New Labour, but it has nothing to do with their immigration policies and everything to do with their war mongering, de-regulation of the private pensions systems and their desire to privatise everything in sight.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 11:34am

Er… Precisely what immigration policies.
            NuLab intentionally dropped the drawbridge in order to wreck the system the Thatcher/Major years had set up.
            The UKBA has thousands of cases on backlog.
            I suggest you watch this:

4. Average Man 28 Apr 2013, 2:17pm

the lower social classes are the ones you dismissed already as benefit scroungers so don’t claim u care about them Spanner.

5. What did Labour ever do for us, apart from minimum wage, guaranteed heating allowance for OAP’s, free dental treatment and eye tests for the elderly, increased protection for workers affected by redundancy (I benefitted from this), etc., etc.

9. Just a bunch of wannabe politicians, use derogative language in a hope to become mainstream, equal rights applies to everyone, like Julia Gasper she lasted long, degrading others to promote your own predigest views don’t last long, this UKIP is a spin off from BNP another waste of space party

10. Yea David Nixon is from a small minority of people in UKIP who don’t actually like Farage. In 2012 he threatened to leave UKIP because they changed their constitution. One of those changes involved its stance on Islam put into the manifesto by Lord Pearson.
    Keep in mind that a thousand plus UKIP candidates are standing and so far we only have one inappropriate candidate. For a fringe party that the media has largely ignored I think we can be allowed this. Certainly considering that the vast majority of UKIPers have nothing in common with Nixon. His dislike of Farge is evidence enough.

– A Bisexual member.

1. Nice to hear an intelligent reaction from within ukip, ever thought of taking over the party so you can concentrate on getting out of Europe and get rid of the bigoted freaks with the loudest voices?

11. As if bis are the only people who ever want two partners! (Let alone all bis wanting that….)

1. Robert in S. Kensington 26 Apr 2013, 7:50pm

Quite. It seems that looney opponents, religious hetero ones it seems, are the only ones alluding to polygamy, incest and the like. It has never occurred to them why we aren’t or any other normal people for that matter.

12. Another “Christian” proudly proclaiming his heterosexuality. Set your watches, folks.

1. Paul Brownsey 28 Apr 2013, 8:35pm

Why do you put “Christian” in inverted commas?

1. cos he’s probably one of those who’s not a Christian at all? duh

2. The loudest so-called “Christians” are often those who do least to follow Jesus’ teachings, as in the NT, preferring to follow Leviticus, which Jesus said he had come to “sweep away”.
        Or else they are Bishops who condemn gays, before going home to shag their toyboy or grope junior priests.

13. Tory ward with the Lib Dems in second place. If the Conservative vote is collapsing to UKIP, as some polls suggest, it’s a case of voting Lib Dem or Tory to show this bigoted campaign won’t win.

14. This candidate’s action is actually defiance of the law, defiance of all the equality legislation that has been passed.

He’s literally saying: “To hell with all of that, I’m gonna say just what I feel, even though there are people who will call me a bigot and a homophobe!”

He probably thinks he’s some kind of hero and that he may even become a martyr.

Staffordshire has always been a hotbed of right-wing extremism. The BNP has always been extremely strong there.

This candidate’s behaviour is as severe as things the BNP has done in the past.

LGBTs in Staffordshire need to massive action and JUMP on this man.

Think hard, and make a fuss. You can report people to papers and police even if at the end of the day it’s decided they haven’t broken the law. You can embarrass bigots like this. Do it! Just do it!

1. Eddy was trying tick thumbs up but on iPhone and hit report by accident. So sorry. Completely agree with everything you said.

1. The report button really should have a confirm option. It must be a right pain in the rectum for the poor sod who has to sift through the false reports.

2. Some of my very close friends live in Staffordshire and they have some very peculiar right wing opinions that run counter to their own interests. Perhaps there is something in the water?

If you report him it will make him a matyr, I would advise against it. It will probably give him more of a platform than he deserves.

1. Staffordshire, Shropshire, and Herefordshire are very white, and more agricultural, working-class, and lower-middle, than anything else. Of course there are enlightened people living there as well, but in all three of those counties I have observed pockets of what could be called white red-necks.

I visited some heterosexual friends who had moved into a Staffordshire village a few years ago. They took me to the village pub-on-the-green on a Sunday afternoon, when it was full of adults and the green outside was full of the adults’ children playing ball-games. As we left, the couple I was visiting quietly said to me, “Can you see it in them then? That wild, back-woods, red-neck thing?” As they are both left-wing teachers, I was a bit taken aback. But I had to chuckle. For I HAD seen it, but had thought it unwise to say anything.

They’re still living there though, and are apparently very happy. They’ve found others in Staffordshire who are not of the primitive backwoods variety!

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 5:31pm

“I have observed pockets of what could be called white red-necks.”
          Who’s the racist now?

1. No that is not racism, that was an observation. Backward, bigoted people exist and to point that out doesn’t mean that the person is prejudiced.

You sound like a Daily Mail reader.

2. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 10:33pm

@Chris: Eddy said “White” – that is discrimination against someone’s colour. That by it’s very definition, is racism.

3. Lesbian Liz 28 Apr 2013, 12:59pm

Reading all these comments it’s become clear to me that Spanner is one of those people in society who is not mentally ill enough to actually be put away in an institution and confined.

Pity he can’t be barred from this forum. He clearly doesn’t belong here but he clearly hasn’t got anywhere else to go.

4. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 3:17pm

@Liz: Haven’t you got an American missile base you can go and camp outside?

5. Lesbian Liz 28 Apr 2013, 5:29pm

Oh, right, you hate women as well as everything else in the world.

6. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:09pm

Oh you really are pathetic.
            No, I don’t hate women, I don’t hate lesbians, in fact I don’t hate anybody.
            I just can’t abide irritating leftie twats such as yourself that think everyone that disagrees with them is taking personal pot-shots at them.

15. Spanner1960 26 Apr 2013, 9:52pm

Whether people like it or not, UKIP’s impact is likely to be significant. Any rise in the UKIP vote will have a devastating effect on the Tories. In 2009, when the council elections were last contested, was a high point for the Conservative opposition. Now they face the inevitable unpopularity of government. Most experts estimate that the Conservatives could lose between 200 and 500 seats next week. I would not be surprised if, thanks to UKIP, they lost up to 850 – half the number of seats secured last time.

And that is not all: Eyes will then quickly turn to the European elections in June 2014, which UKIP is likely to win outright, relegating the Conservative Party to t3rd or even 4th. Coming less than a year before the 2015 general election, such an outcome could easily cause disarray in Tory ranks, and even precipitate an attempt to unseat David Cameron as leader.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Mahatma Gandhi

1. For someone who has avowed not to vote ukip you’re sounding a lot like a party political broadcast

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 12:15am

It’s called ‘picking the best of a bad deal’.

2. ‘Spanner..’ how appropriate, a right one. Fascist party is fascist, the more liberal members, who left because they couldn’t stand it any more, will tell you that.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 4:50pm

At least I know what I am talking about instead of spouting “fascist!” at everyone without even understanding the meaning.
        You sound like Rick out of “The Young Ones”

3. You’re deluded. I’ll tell you what’ll happen to UKIP.

Now that David Cameron has promised a referendum on the EU, the Tory party will vocally advertise this during the election year. Many UKIP supporters and sympathisers will see this as their bid to get out of the EU. They don’t want Labour getting into power, they want the referendum, so they’ll vote Tory. The referendum is actually a realistic chance of getting out of the EU, unlike UKIP. This will completely halt the momentum of UKIP and maybe even reverse it after the 2015 elections. This is exactly what happened to the National Front in the 1970s and 80s.

I found one of your earlier comments particularly amusing actually. You say that you support UKIP because you want to protect your tradition and heritage. Hmmm… where have I heard this argument before? Oh that’s right, it’s the same argument used by anti-gay bigots who try to block every piece of gay legislation. Tradition for the sake of tradition is not an argument.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 11:56am

I disagree, the Tories are running scared and are actually questioning Cameron’s leadership.
        I know many people from all political sides that are totally sick to the back teeth of the two-and-a-half party monopoly, and want to see real change.
        Whilst UKIP are by no means perfect, they demonstrate an alternative, and the groundswell of public opinion is moving that way.
        2015 is still a long way off, and we have next week’s poll with 18 million voters, and 2,400 council seats at stake, with UKIP fighting 1,700 – nearly 3/4, giving it something close to a national presence. I think that will really give a better indicator of how people feel. I get the impression you might be very surprised.

As for tradition, I am all for change where needed, but if it ain’t broke, why fix it? The problem is we are losing our national identity, and replacing it with others, which is wrong; I’m sure you would be the first to complain when Sharia law is instigated and LGBT people start getting attacked.

1. Sister Mary Clarence 27 Apr 2013, 2:23pm

“The problem is we are losing our national identity, and replacing it with others, which is wrong ….!

You’re absolutely right Spanner, I suggest we start redressing the problem straight away.

Let’s make a list, I’ll need to go outside and have a fag while I’m thinking about what to include …. oh sh1t, no, tobacco, that vile import from the Americas, damn that Columbus for his treachery, that’ll have to go.

I’ll have a nice cup of tea instead while I’m thinking ….. ahhhh bvgger, tea …. that’s all going to have to go back as well …. coffee then ….. doooohhhhh, coffee as well, that’s going to have to go.

I’ll nip across to Tesco and get a bottle of water instead, English water of course, none of that French sh1te that’s be filtered through the kidneys of Alpine peasants six times. Hang on, Tesco, that’s got a whiff of foreign about it too.

Jesus Christ!!

Blimey, thinking about it, HE wasn’t even British – that’s it, the fecking churches will have to go as well.

2. Absolutely not. I may not like David Cameron, but he is the best of a bunch in the Tory party. The Tories know that there isn’t a better candidate than him in the party at the moment so they will keep him for the next election.

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 3:03pm

They should have picked David Davis when they had the opportunity. He is one of the few politicians around that really talks some sense, but unfortunately he’s been sidelined and I doubt he will ever get the chance again, so we are stuck with this gormless muppet instead.

3. Yes, when I went to Dublin, I was amazed how French the Irish had become. The Stella Artois sign on the Guinness factory was the clicher.
          Honestly, it’s like the Olympics and Jubilee tub-thumping had never happened!
          Excuse me, I have to iron my burka!

2. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2013, 12:11pm

Totally agree with that. He will vote for the fascist UKIP party even though he’s not happy about their anti equal marriage stance. Some gays often vote against their own interests and really don’t give a damn about the rights of others. They delude themselves into thinking CPs are sufficient but that only proves just how nationalistic they really are. There are now 14 countries with equal marriage but it would never occur to a UKIP or Tory opponent why that is. We can count on less than one hand how many countries are advocating for CPs can’t we? Why hasn’t that number grown? Why aren’t more governments calling for them if they are so equal and universal? UKIP can’t even come up with a reasoned response and the same goes for any MP in opposition,

4. Spanner your a homophobic and hate filled bigot – get off Pink News, you are not welcome here. We all need to unite under colours of the rainbow and hold hands not bring division. Your views are not welcome in a truly Pink, reflective and modern diverse Britain.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 11:40am

Why am I homophobic? There is more to politics than gay rights.
        LGBT people have virtually everything they asked for, and whilst things are not perfect, there have been considerable improvements over the years.
        As for rainbows, drop the metaphors, please. Most gay men I know are the most selfish, vain, egotistical bunch of gits on the planet, and the concept of a “gay community” is a total myth; People do this for their own personal ends, nobody else’s – it just so happens we are all moving in the same direction, but that doesn’t make us a community.
        Scratch the surface of a gay man and what do you find? A: More surface.

1. “Most gay men I know are the most selfish, vain, egotistical bunch of gits on the planet, and the concept of a “gay community” is a total myth . . . ”

So Spanner has barely improved at all. This is exactly the same SHITE that you were spouting on these threads years ago. You’ve witnessed endless decency and civility on these threads, but still you’ve retained your loathsome self-hatred.

IF you, Spanner, only personally know and are friends with gay men who “are the most selfish, vain, egotistical bunch of gits on the planet” then YOU have a severe problem.

“Birds of a feather flock together.”

I dread to think where, when, and why your peculiar little hell-hole of friends meet each other.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 5:35pm

I live in a cosy little Cotswold town, and meet my mates in friendly little pubs. We are all openly gay and nobody gives a flying fig about it.

2. i don’t believe you, spanner! i reckon you’re lying. a nutcase like you is not likely to have friends in any cosy little cotswold vilage why don’t you tell the truth about yourself? too awful to share?

2. Every gay person you do not agree with is not a homophobe. Spanner has every right to comment on pink news. If you don’t agree with him then present a constructive argument. Re UKIP there are plenty of constructive arguments to make.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 4:42pm

Don’t worry Joss, it is the standard lefty attack: Question why the country has an open door immigration policy and you are a racist.
          Accuse any gay person of anything, and you are a homophobe. (unless you happen to be gay too, in which case you are “self-loathing”.)
          Sorry, I don’t let this guilt-trip bullshit wash with me.

1. I don’t agree with your politics Spanner and consider myself to be left wing, my family is mostly composed of immigrants and I think making stupid generalisations about all gay men denotes a lack of intelligence, however none of the above makes a person a homophobe.

I think that both you and some of your detractors would do well to stop looking at the world in terms of right and left, black and white etc. There are shades of grey.

2. Spanner your talking utter crap – face it you and Joss are welcome to each other, you are both right wing homophobes. What you are talking about on here is not open to discussion, go back to your Daily Mail com boxes…

3. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:45am

@Joss: I have no problem with you being left wing or of immigrant extraction. I may disagree with your politics, but that is the point. Most of the idiots on here just sit around until somebody pipes up a pro-gay comment, and the rest nod and smile and agree and pat each other on the back.
            That isn’t debate, that is just mutual masturbation.

The moment I or a handful of others here make any critical remark, we are pounced on and attacked and accused of homophobia. This stock-in-trade approach of lefties to shut people up by making them appear politically incorrect just doesn’t work any more. I will speak as I find.

I am well aware of the “shades of grey”, and I like to think I have both capitalist and socialist attributes, so please do not try to lecture me on the subtleties of political debate, not that we are likely to find any of them on this Godforsaken rag.

4. What you say here is perfectly reasonable Spanner, but do you really think swiftly labelling most people who disagree with you “lefties” promotes your vision of yourself as someone who can discern shades of grey? Over and over again you undermine otherwise convincing arguments with such knee-jerk name-calling, which is a shame.

3. Joss, Spanner does come across as quite narrow-minded though. Probably not homophobic but that is self-interest, Spanner is gay (or I’m assuming that this poster is), so of course they will defend gaŷ rights. However that doesn’t mean that gay people can’t be racist, or xenophobic or reactionary, of course they can.

1. I didn’t say they can’t be, one of the most racist people I’ve ever had the misfortune of knowing was a gay man, but pointing out xenophobia and racism is different from calling someone a homophobe and telling them they’re not welcome on a website.

Calling all UKIP voters racist or bigots is similarly unhelpful. Most UKIP voters seem to be uneducated about what UKIP’s actual policies are and very influenced by the scaremongering right wing press. If you start a dialogue with an insult you’re not going to achieve a constructive outcome.

It’s probable that there should be better immigration controls in the UK and the reason that UKIP are gaining votes is that the concerns of a large section of the population are being ignored. Ditto the EU. I’m for the EU but even I can see that there needs to be greater transparency and better organisation.

1. Joss if I haven’t told you this before – your a homophobic right wing brainwashed idiot. Seriously if you get taken in by all this UKIP propaganda your as gullible as they come. We need immigration because gay, lesbians, transgenders, bisexuals, particularly those who are wheelchair bound are getting persecuted in other countries – where the rainbow culture is being oppressed and we need to build up the gay community in England, so I really think an open door immigration policy is vital for the greater good of the gay community. Stop your narrow minded thinking.

2. Your reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired don’t they

2. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 10:12am

Or even simply oppose your socialist politics? Yes, throw all the nasty little epithets you like around. Insults are the last bastion of those with no argument.
          I prefer the words “patriot”, or even “British”, but you would probably consider even waving a Union flag to be offensive.

3. Lesbian Liz 28 Apr 2013, 5:26pm

“However that doesn’t mean that gay people can’t be racist, or xenophobic or reactionary, of course they can.”

True, Chris. And can I add “screwed up”, please?

5. How DARE YOU quote Mahatma Gandhi, you f***ing hypocrite!

How DARE YOU use “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win” to support the disguised fascism of UKIP!

Your using the words of Gandhi to justify the views of UKIP, would be like Chrysi Avgi, the brutal neo-nazi thugs of Greece quoting Gandhi to justify their behaviour!

The Nazis came to power, the neo-nazis of Greece now have a significant number of seats in the Greek parliament, and, yes, in these very difficult times a significant number of Brits may vote for UKIP . . . BUT THAT WILL NOT MEAN that UKIP is not fascist. It will mean, instead, that it IS!

You really need to put your money-making aside, Spanner, and immerse yourself in some morality, philosophy, and HISTORY!

6. As I have said all along spanner is a disgusting piece of trash that should be flushed out with the other waste. Spanner your credibility was low to begin with now the rest of the contributors see you for what you are. Prick

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 5:37pm

OOH! Another fan! I must send you a signed photo! xxx

7. Weren’t you all talking like this a decade ago, when UKIP were doing so well as a result of being championed by the esteemed Robert Kilroy-Silk?

16. Albert Snyder 26 Apr 2013, 10:55pm

Rejects from the Tories and BNP.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2013, 12:04am

You hit the nail on the head! I don’t see any Tory MPs resigning and joining them either in spite of their differences with David Cameron over equal marriage.

17. OMG It's a slippery slope!! 26 Apr 2013, 10:56pm

OMG it’s (another) slippery slope argument!

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 12:21am

OMG, another sock puppet!!

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 4:45pm

Oops, did I hit a nerve there?
        It seems there are an awful lot of names on this thread I have never seen before.
        Probably some paid mouthpiece out to discredit UKIP.

1. Sister Mary Clarence 28 Apr 2013, 2:28pm

“Probably some paid mouthpiece out to discredit UKIP”

Oh purlease ….. I think its more than capable of doing that itself – I notice they got slaughtered in the Guardian today over their lack of policies ….. kind of crucial for a political party seeking election

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 3:07pm

We shall see next week in the local elections.
            I suspect the Grauniad might end up eating their words.

2. Goddam pinko leftie commie socialist

18. UKIP. Just the BNP in better suits.

1. BNP-lite, or diet BNP, or semi-skimmed BNP, or ‘I can’t believe it’s not BNP’.

UKIP is not a credible party.

19. Wow. This is disgusting. The UK needs to seriously update its human rights and hate crime laws.

This would be illegal in Canada, and it should be elsewhere in the world to. Spreading hate and discrimination has to be stopped.

1. Kristin, you’re in Canada, yes? I’ve never visited Canada but I’ve read quite about life there and I can imagine your outrage. Thanks for adding your perspective. There’s a lot of people in this country of ours who think we are perfect, but we’re not. On the other hand we have sufficient freedom of speech in this country for crackpots to make fools of themselves in public. And hopefully this one will retreat very soon . . . provided LGBTs in Staffordshire TAKE ACTION and don’t leave it to somebody else to do so.

2. Over in the UK we’re not c*nts about people disagreeing with us. Regardless of how ridiculous they are. Cheers.

20. Ukip, where the bnp go to feel liberal.(in my opinion)

1. Your opinion but a fact, Avalon. Nick Griffin, major figure of the BNP, is holed up like a coward in a remote homestead in the isolated valleys of Powys, mid-Wales far from all those people whom he so hates. And from there it only takes him a relatively short journey over the border into meetings in Staffordshire, where, sadly, a great many people admire the BNP.

1. Just resisted the urge to give the actual address (I used to live quite near. Apparantly, according to all the English retirees to the area he’s a jolly good chap. Speaking as a former rottweiler owner (up to three at once), it’s such a shame he named his rottweilers “Anne” and “Franke”.

And yes, the majority of English people living there over a certain age did move to get away from (pause to see look round to see who’s listening) “our coloured friends”… It used to be a nice place to live.

1. Nick Griffin called his rottweilers “Anne” and “Franke”????!!!!!!

Those two names together are just too coincidental.
          Are you SURE Griffin put the e on the end of Franke? Because if he did that would indicate intention to refer to the girl lost in the extermination of the Jews.

And, yes, re. the valleys around where Nick Griffin lives, it’s true that there are many old white Daily Mail readers settled there. I met two of them once! The wife ACTUALLY uttered the words: “They ought to line up all the blacks in this country and SHOOT them!”

I stood stunned, shocked, and then looked at her with as much contempt as I could. She got the message, knew she wasn’t welcome, and marched off. In hindsight I wish I had not been so stunned that I failed to fire a few lines of contempt at her.

21. I agree with Robert of south Ken, I am a gay man who was about to support UKIP, but I’ve changed my mind. Narrow minded parties that can’t accept all people could never be in power, we are moving forward not backwards

22. Farage was an MEP for over 10 years. I think his docile backers forget that blatant hypocrisy. The would-be autocrat thought so highly of himself that he stood for an MP’s seat at the 2010 general election and came third. Now he doesn’t have a seat anywhere, just a mouth.

Of course gay and bi people will be ‘teaching kids how to have gay sex in schools’. UKIP gives a whole new meaning to the word troglodyte. As with the BNP, their voters have the combined IQ of a house brick.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 5:26pm

Why is that hypocritical? He tried to change the EU from the inside and failed, so now he does it from the other side.
      Please tell me, have you EVER seen ANY politician rip anybody a new arsehole like Nigel Farage did with the president of the EU Council Herman Van Rompuy?
      I want a Prime Minister that acts like this:

23. It’s kind of ironic they call themselves the UK Independence Party when it’s pretty clear from attitudes like this that they are in reality an auxilliary of the US Tea Party.

24. Does he deny being associated with it? 27 Apr 2013, 11:04am

Where is David Nixon’s right of reply?

25. It’s just a quasi BNP.
    When will people realise?

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 11:58am

That’s the point. Maybe they do.
      The worm is turning.

26. People will one day look back at these kind of UKIP leaflets (as well as the catholic leaflets given to their congregrations) and see them as we now see the racist literature sent out by organisations like the KKK and nazi’s.

27. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 4:47pm

Is it me, or are there are an awful lot of names on this thread I have never seen before. I detect a lot of sock-puppetry afoot.

Probably some paid mouthpiece out to discredit UKIP.

Somebody pointed out the other day any badmouthing of Clegg got zapped with loads of thumbs-down.
    Now I am beginning to believe it.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2013, 4:59pm

So it’s ok to badmouth bisexuals, gays and lesbians and spreading vicious lies traducing equal marriage? If we launched a leaflet campaign denigratiing religious nutters, they’d be the first to cry ‘abuse of religious freedom’. Go ahead, vote for them in 2015 and help perpetuate homophobia and inequality.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 5:04pm

ONE GUY has done this.
        Like I said before, everyone is jumping on the gravy train here, so don’t go slagging off the entire party because of one loose cannon.

2. Complete denialism, eh, Spanster?

Is there not even the slightest morsel of humility and doubt inside you?

No wonder you have admitted you know no pleasant or decent gay men: you send people running.

You’re poison, Spanster. You always have been.

BUT, you can change, you know.

You CAN become a pleasant person . . . who will eventually not cause pleasant gay people to flee from your company.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 5:17pm

I have plenty of friends thanks.
        I also said I don’t know many decent gay men, but that said, I happen to be married to one.
        Doubt and humility are for the weak and the insecure. I just do not suffer fools gladly.
        I could no more change my personality than I could my sexuality. (and I like them both)

I am the Devil’s advocate, I am that spanner in the works. – People get far to cosy and indifferent about the world when they are surrounded by people that constantly nod and agree.
        That’s why I like to kick the wasp’s nest and see what happens; Get used to me sunshine, I’m not going anywhere.

1. I think you maybe mistaking misogony for homosexuality. Some men spend their lives thinking hating women makes them gay.

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 10:42pm

Maybe you should ask my husband then.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2013, 12:39pm

Just curious, where did you get married?

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 3:22pm

C.P. to be precise, in East London.nearly six years ago.

2. Lesbian Liz 28 Apr 2013, 5:01pm

Then you don’t have a husband, you silly silly man. You’ve only got a Civil Partner.

3. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:17pm

He is still a husband to me, you haggard old harpy.
            And he will be my lawful husband when they finally sort out this marriage farce.
            What has this got to do with the topic anyway? I haven’t seen you make a single comment regarding it, all you have done so far is slag me off.
            People like you are as thick as pigshit and have no concept of true politics, so all you can do is make snide remarks.

3. Lesbian Liz 28 Apr 2013, 12:43pm

“I could no more change my personality . . . ”

See any psychiatrist, and quick. A good psychiatrist will help you alter many of the negative aspects of your personality.

“I am that spanner in the works”

He now defends his appalling behaviour by proclaiming he is a Messiah.

Talk about nasty, AND deluded!

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:38pm

I didn’t pick the name “Spanner” at random. Sometimes it needs somebody forthright enough to lob a hand grenade into the room and shake morons like you out of their complacency, hopefully forcing at least some of them to use their own grey matter for once to work out problems instead of toeing the party line like a bunch of sheep.

I am more than willing to have sensible, adult debates with people on here, but unfortunately all most of them do, including yourself, is hurl insults, which simply demonstrates the fact you are incapable of grasping the argument and can only fight back by calling people names.

3. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 5:19pm

UKIP has a few years yet to weed out the loonies.
      Every party has a few, and this one has more than its fair share.

1. Lesbian Liz 28 Apr 2013, 12:40pm

“Every party has a few, and this one has more than its fair share.”

And YOU are clearly one of them!

28. It’s hard to differentiate between UKIP and BNP, both parties of delusional nutters, religious loons and neo-nazis.

29. Terence Wedipin 27 Apr 2013, 9:52pm

Spanner go away now – I am screaming with rage and anger as I read your bigoted and homophobic comment on here:

“Most gay men I know are the most selfish, vain, egotistical bunch of gits on the planet, and the concept of a “gay community” is a total myth; People do this for their own personal ends, nobody else’s – it just so happens we are all moving in the same direction, but that doesn’t make us a community.”

Spanner how dare you write such a hate filled and homophobic comment. I want you kicked of Pink News for good. I call upon all Pink News readers to report Spanner to the moderators to be removed from this site for good. It is comments like this that demean gay people and cause people like me to cry themselves to sleep and wonder if I will ever be accepted. People like Spanner divide the gay community and spread hate not love. Spanner the people on here are Pink and Proud and I think you should back to your hole and leave us all alone!

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2013, 10:29pm

I think you really need to get your head out of your arse and see the world without your pink spangled Christian Dior spectacles on.

I do not hate anybody, it is not in my nature; however, I speak as I find, and I refuse to moderate my opinions. If you cannot handle a few rebukes from somebody who is also gay and essentially on your side, how the hell do you expect to cope with the really nasty bigoted homophobes out there that would like to see you hanging from a lamp post?
      There is no gay community, and there is certainly no love, (albeit plenty of lust though) – it’s a tough world out there, and I’m afraid you won’t get much support from other gay men, so i would get used to that fact as soon as possible and learn to stand on your own two feet; open your eyes, walk tall and believe in yourself, not what others may think of you – even me.

1. And I think you really need to take a look in the mirror and realise what a hateful bigot you really are. You are coming across like a miserable old homophobic fool by stereotyping and insulting gay people. And no, it’s not acceptable just because you’re gay.

I’m convinced that you must have a few screws loose if you think that it is perfectly fine for you to make stupid sweeping statements about gay people just because there are ‘nasty bigoted homophobes’ out there. Maybe the reason you’ve only known ‘vain, selfish, egotistical’ gay people is because you’re a vain, selfish and egotistical person yourself… and make no mistake, that’s not because you’re gay.

Honestly, I always expect better from people who belong to a minority that is discriminated again, but clearly not. Stupidity knows no bounds.

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:33am

“I make anti-gay statements because there are homophobes out there”
          No, that is not my justification: I am not vain, selfish or egotistical, I always hated the gay scene because I could see the common denominator. I just see a bunch of people that do whatever they want, yet scream like the bunch of painted drama queens they are whenever LGBT people are criticised for the smallest infraction. Just because we are a minority does not mean we do not belong to a much bigger society, and we need to recognise that. Have you ever considered WHY we get discriminated against? I think a lot of it has nothing to do with sexuality and everything to do with attitude. Remember most stereotypes are based on commonalities. I, and a few others I have met are just ordinary people that just happen to be attracted to the same sex – the rest just have to bang on about being gay like it was the pinnacle of modern civilisation. Well sorry to piss on your fireworks sweetie, but it ain’t.

1. Lesbian Liz 28 Apr 2013, 12:39pm

“I am not vain, selfish or egotistical, . . . ”

If you don’t think that all of your endless nasty vicious comments on PN don’t PROVE that you are “vain, selfish or egotistical” then you completely DELUDED!

2. Ok, you really are a complete nutcase. Gay people are discriminated against because of their attitude and not their sexuality and you are one of those special, rare ‘normal’ gays that homophobic people love. Whatever you say…

How old are you? Because if 1960 is your birth year, you really are extremely stupid for your age. This is the kind of tripe that I expect to hear from teenagers who are still struggling to come to terms with their sexuality.

The only thing you prove is that gay people can be just as moronic as anyone else. When homophobes say that we’re not normal, I can just point to you and say “See, we have our idiots too, we’re normal”.

3. Well said, Dr. North! We’ve had enough of this nutter for years now.

4. John, I think you put your finger on it there, with your reference to “teenagers”. Having been a teacher and lecturer for many years, I see signals in Spanner’s posts that suggest to me that Spanner may spend a lot of time with teenagers – and teenagers, I suspect, of a rather sad variety.

5. Well said doc my new best friend

2. Well spoken, Liz!

1. Terence Wedipin 28 Apr 2013, 3:39pm

O like whatever Spanner you really are a complete ‘biatch’, seriously you are, I am so, so done with you..you are just so ‘nasty’ …

Pls dont talk to me again

30. Is this the same David Nixon who quit UKIP in May 2011 because of his disgust with the leadership?

Not much intel about him on the Net.

Obviously hasn’t received a proper education himself, and now he’s afraid others will.

31. They’re all fascists, and that’s why so many of them have belonged to these right-wing organizations: National Front, BNP, EDL and so on. UKIP is just another doomed attempt to give such knuckle-draggers some respectability. Farage projects an acceptable, even avuncular, image, but can’t come up with any coherent policies except the “nationalistic” ones. BTW, am I the only one who reads Caven Vines as “Caveman Vines” every time I see his name in print?

32. GingerlyColors 28 Apr 2013, 1:35pm

Wow, Spanner1960, you certainly had a good debate here! I didn’t bother because like you I am disillusioned with the EU and should the whole thing implode I can see some pretty nasty right-wing parties emerging, just look at what happened in Germany in the 1930’s and Golden Dawn in Greece now.
    I often visit Gloucestershire nowadays where I discovered a great pub near Cirencester. I hope to go down again next month. Suggest we get our Coates on and get ourselves down the Tunnel.

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 3:00pm

Yes, unfortunately a lot of people on here are just too thin-skinned to handle an argument, and just resort to name calling. Some are even “screaming with rage and anger”; poor lamb, she’s going to do herself a mischief and break a nail.

I know the Tunnel well. It’s about 10 minutes from me. Maybe we can catch up.

1. Guilk Mortimer 28 Apr 2013, 3:31pm

You two bigots are welcome to each other. Good riddance ginger… and another insensitive comment by Spanner, making fun of a victimised gay person (or a person of a different orientation, who may have suffered homophobic, transphobic or biphobic bullying and name calling when they were younger) is mean and dispirited.

All this hate must stop.

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:46pm

Who is making fun of a victimised gay person?
          I am making fun of a overly sensitive little prat that just happens to be gay. i would have done the same to anybody.
          If people don’t want pot-shots taken at them, they should keep their bloody heads down and not make comments back: this is a public debate, not a mutual back-slapping society.

I NEVER mock people for their sexuality, but I sure as hell will their attitude.

1. Terence Wedipin 29 Apr 2013, 7:31pm

You just don’t get it do you? People accuse gay people of being overtly sensitive and all you do is confirm the stereotype with your stupid and lame comments. Why don’t you show some gay solidarity instead of just of thinking about yourself. While we want to join hands under the rainbow and be united all you do want to do and say positive things about your bum chum Farge and negative things about being gay…

2. David Copland murdered 3 people he was bnp. Don’t be surprised when gay people say they hate you fool

1. Spanner1960 29 Apr 2013, 9:07am

Lots of loonies vote. What’s that got to do with the price of tomatoes?
          Equally, don’t compare one party with another. This is just a Reductio ad Absurdum argument.

33. Oh my gosh I have just taken a quick look at the comments and I cant believe the sheer amount of nasty, vicious and hate filled comments on this page. Seriously Pink News is a bad advert for the gay community…

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 3:23pm

I know! it’s disgusting. Have you seen the way they talk to me?
      I’m thinking about writing to my MP…

1. Dave North 28 Apr 2013, 5:43pm

Have you seen the way you talk to them.!

Your arrogance always comes through.

Perhaps some introspection would do you good.

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:05pm

More like some people just don’t recognise sarcasm.
          Lighten up, dammit.

1. mate, you’re as toxic as they come.

2. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:48pm

Why thank you Adam, that’ the nicest thing anyone’s said to me all day. :)

2. yolta = Spanner or Troll

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2013, 9:50pm

Not me mate. I am not so low as to resort to sock puppets.
        Whatever you may think of me, you should know by now I have no need to hide behind aliases.
        That said, there seems to be an awful lot of names on here I have never seen before.

1. Isn’t ‘Spanner1960′ and alias? :-)

34. I think Spanner1960 has got some of his friends on here do some arrowing for him lately to make himself look good – this guy really is a clown

1. Absolutely. I just checked back to see if he had replied to my comments and found that all of the votes were completely reversed since yesterday. Oh deary me.

2. RedDevil9 2 May 2013, 1:25am

I’ve noticed that too. Definitely some tampering going on. Pretty sad really.

35. I’ve just noticed something. All of Spanner1960’s comments that were voted negatively have suddenly all become positive… Including the ones where he denies global warming and insults gay people. And several comments that reply to him have been voted down… Talk about sockpuppetry… this guy has clearly been going around altering the comment votes.

Pathetic.

1. Spanner1960 29 Apr 2013, 11:57pm

As I said before, I don’t need aliases to say what I want, and I certainly don’t give a shit about arrows.
      I think it more likely than once the usual leftie brigade had had their rant, others just wandered in and made up their own minds.

1. Of course. 3 days after the article was posted, a wave of right-wingers all descended on to this discussion page, specifically delved into all those lengthy discussions, arrowed up your bigoted tripe about gay people and downvoted any reply to you. Do you think I was born yesterday? I couldn’t care less about the arrows, but the fact that you had to go around adjusting them is pretty telling, and remarkably pathetic.

1. Spanner1960 30 Apr 2013, 12:57pm

Well please explain how, because I see no way of doing it.
          The site recognises you by your IP address, so even if you login as somebody else, you still can’t fiddle the votes.
          Oh, I know, I must be in a room full of computers running around clicking arrows.
          I think it is you who is pathetic to even contemplate the idea.

1. Yet FIVE days after the article was posted, you are still getting multiple arrows for these recent and insignificant comments. Are you seriously stupid? And why would people positively arrow your homophobic comments on THIS website?

And really, you have no footing to say that I am pathetic for contemplating the idea when you were accusing people of sock-puppetry just because your dear anti-gay party was blasted on a pro-gay page. Really? Get some perspective you fool.

2. In fairness, it’s possible that people were away over the weekend, as I was, and have only recently caught up with this thread; and – slightly to my surprise – I’ve found it possible to mark up a number (not all) of Spanner1960’s comments here, something I will admit that doesn’t happen often – but the fact that he and I often disagree shouldn’t mean I dismiss everything he says, quite the contrary.

36. Leigh Oats 29 Jan, 5:25am

I invite the readers of PinkNews.co.uk to suggest a word other than “Independence” for which the letter “I” might stand in the initialism “UKIP”.