Florida: Gay publisher blasts GLAAD for giving award to Adam Lambert

1. Adam Lambert is like a morph of Julian Clary and Elvis Presley.

1. If only he was!

1. Well that would be something wouldn’t it!

2. I’m not American and don’t know much about the GLAAD awards or whether or not Adam Lambert is a gay Sylvia Pankhurst, but surely the real outrage was his nomination for the Outstanding Music Award.

1. magsmagenta 19 Apr 2013, 9:18pm

You think you sound cool and clever, really you just sound bitter and jealous.

1. See comment from Lynda below you are just a jealous little fool.

3. Sparky (@Sparkyu1) 19 Apr 2013, 8:54pm

While I agree that Lambert hasn’t done anything to deserve an award, I’m far MORE concerned with awards going to straight people and/or clueless people who haven’t done anything for us AND have actively hurt us:

Like Bill Clinton or Katy Perry or Brett Ratner

1. Do some research on Adam Lambert and then you will know that he definitely deserves this award :)

1. Sorry I posted this comment in the wrong section.Dummy me. I love Adam Lambert and he so deserves this award. :) It should have been to Gabel above.

4. keith, moral instructor to immorals 19 Apr 2013, 9:24pm

I’m guessing limp wristed Lambert is not a fan of John Wayne movies!

1. Something not a lot of people know about John Wayne was that he collected dolls, it shows another side to the rather one dimensional actor anyway.

2. Oh, and John Wayne’s real name was Marion Robert Morrison, his mother gave him a girls name Marion just because she liked it.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 19 Apr 2013, 11:35pm

Yeah but none of that actually means he was gay. Spanner collects insults on here more readily than any other Pink News commentator but that doesn’t mean he’s a masochist!

1. You may be reading more into my posts than is actually there SLB.

Seeing as you brought it up, whether or not John Wayne was gay or Spanner is a masochist… well, you can never really be sure.

3. neither are most of us this century

5. He has done so much! HE DESERVES IT AND HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR THE GAY COMMUNITY! HE DIDN’T HAVE TO COME OUT DURING IDOL BECAUSE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING STAIGHT OR GAY! DOES A STRAIGHT GUY INTRODUCE HIMSELF AS HI IM NICK AND IM STRAIGHT. !? No!

1. I’m not deaf, you don’t have to shout.

1. She wasn’t shouting just is just so very proud of Adam as I am and he if anyone deserves this award.

6. Why all the negative comments? The awards citation said he “shows LGBT people that they can be themselves and make it in a mainstream industry”. That seems a pretty important thing.

He wasn’t out when he American Idol. So what? He’s continued to be successful after he came out rather flamboyantly, and that’s pretty notable. Do I think his music is good? No, personally I don’t. But, again, so what? It clearly appeals to lots of people, and good for him for that.

I’m genuinely happy for him, and happy that it shows, yet again, that a gay man can be himself and still be successful in the music industry.

1. RedRoseQueen1 20 Apr 2013, 2:38am

Thanks Rich. Too bad you don’t like his music because his live vocals are impossible to even describe.
      One thing, on American Idol, he was a theater kid living in WeHo who had been living out and proud since age 18 (he was 26 when Idol started, 27 in the finale) so, what was he expected to do, make a special point to announce his sexual preference when it had nothing to do with his ability to sing his balls off night after night? LOL! See what I mean?
      Anyway, thanks again for realizing that it’s not about whether you’re a fan or not, but about him living out and proud and being the first openly gay man to DEBUT at number one, etc. and making no apologies.

7. I think Adam has done a lot to bring attention to the unequal treatment of human beings to a larger audience. Being gay and a woman that is an issue I am very interested in and I, for one, am glad he is a voice in the conversation. He does not apologize for who he is to the gay or the straight community.

8. RedRoseQueen1 20 Apr 2013, 2:30am

Norman Kent can suck my big non-existent D**K! Obviously there are still far too many jealous queens in the LGBT community who just cannot STOP themselves from eating their own.For those who make fun of his “gayness” fyi he’s actually quite masculine/toppy. But you wouldn’t know that if you’re acting like so many in the right wing hetero community and judging him by looks alone.What has he done for LGBT? Too many things to list here but this is coming up also: http://www.examiner.com/article/adam-lambert-teams-with-at-t-and-the-trevor-project-for-live-proud-campaign Get over yourselves. Haters on BOTH sides.

1. Wow, I never realized there are so many green monsters among all my brothers and sisters. Mr. Kent sounded like a very jealous SOB. I think he embarrassed himself more than anything else. And Mr. Kent is an embarrassment to our community.
      And if anyone deserves this award, it sure is Adam Lambert, not Mr. Kent. Adam has done sooooo much more than Mr. Kent and for that I thank you Adam!!!!

9. I do not think Adam gets the credit he desearves. His music is awesome and he is the most OUT gay dude I have ever seen as far as celebrities go. He is classy and one of the most handsome men as well. If the truth be told he has changed a lot of us STRAIGHT people’s ideas about gay culture. So congratulations Adam all haters step to the LEFT. PEACE and =LOVE

10. Since Adam Lambert hit the music mainstream he has put ALOT of positive focus on the Gay and Lesbian culture. I know myself as a straight person and many friends are really making an effort to support their equality. I never think of Adam as Gay or Straight and I believe it is the way we all should see one another. So haters to the left and the rest of us give Adam a BIG congratulations on his award which is very much desearved. He is the most OUT gay male celebrity I know of and am proud to say my favorite artist. PEACE and =LOVE

11. I’m not a fan of Adam Lambert’s music, but this criticism of him is frankly witless.
    The second he was released from the straitjacket of American Idol, he announced he was gay – and throughout the competition he gave as many clues as possible that he was openly and happily gay.
    Even though I don’t like his music, the man has an amazing vocal range and tremendous technical ability. Also, once you strip him of his make-up and truck-load of hair product, he still remains a physically attractive member of the human race.
    While I’d never go to one of his concerts, I’m a gay man who is happy – and proud – that Lambert lives his life as an openly gay man. And more power to him.
    This kind of criticism of him is petty silliness.

1. Adam Lambert wears only marginally more make-up than Elvis sometimes did.

I didn’t see Idol and I’ve only heard a couple of tracks of Adam’s so I don’t feel qualified to comment on his talent, he seems to be upsetting a lot of homophobes while staying in there, so for that alone he deserves an award.

12. justin brent 21 Apr 2013, 7:02am

Adam has proven to be a huge supporter of the gay rights movement over the past few years, using his celebrity status to spread information and raise money for The Trevor Project. Recently, he performed a concert to benefit Marylanders for Marriage Equality in their effort to gain support for the referendum on Maryland’s Civil Marriage Protection Act. In December, he performed at “Cyndi Lauper and Friends: Home for the Holidays,” a benefit concert supporting homeless LGBT youth. Also, Adam has donated proceeds from a special pendant and his Aftermath Billboard Remix to The Trevor Project. Norm Kent needs to get the facts straight before he opens his big mouth and inserts his foot.

13. john lyttle 8 May 2013, 3:14pm

Bitchy gay publishers are the bane of the subculture