Equality campaigner starts petition to raise awareness of trans issues after the death of Lucy Meadows

1. There is an NUT/TransPanthers organised demonstration/memorial/march and rally in Accrington on 20th April at 1pm, starting from St Mary Magdelen School and proceeding to the town hall. Facebook people can join/share by following this link.. https://www.facebook.com/events/149736391869088/

2. Tara Hewitt 13 Apr 2013, 5:41pm

Please help the campaign and sign the petition here: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47599

1. Robert in S. Kensington 13 Apr 2013, 6:17pm

Done, Tara! Thanks for posting the link.

2. gentlemind 13 Apr 2013, 6:27pm

Hello Tara

My name is Daniel. I blog under the name of gentlemind – mainly about the issues related to marriage, but also on the State-created concept known as Gender.

As there are two physically real sexes, and as it is not physically possible to change sex, an experience of living as the opposite sex can be an emotion experience only, rather than a physical one. Though that emotional experience can undoubtedly be strong, a request for others to affirm our emotional experience necessarily involves a request for others to affirm that the emotionally real is superior (morally? legally?) to the physically real. Although we are all free to live in our own minds, we cannot expect others to state that our minds are as valid as their bodies. When we seek to impose our mindworld on the physical world of others, we are in fact asking them to lie – not just about us, but about themselves. And there is never any justice rooted in a lie.

I wish you well

1. nixiotemba 13 Apr 2013, 8:44pm

well Daniel “gentlemind” , you better try learning about the world, ‘our’ people have been here and will be here always, so get over it

2. ……… and you would know that it is not physically possible to change sex because …………. you have tried it??
        Really Daniel, until you have been born transsexual and have undergone sex reassignment to align your sex with you gender, you don’t know.
        You can spout all your mumbo-jumbo but you ignore the reality of the situation.
        “When we seek to impose our mindworld on the physical world of others, we are in fact asking them to lie” – so by you seeking to impose your mindworld on my physical world you are in fact asking/demanding that I live a lie.
        Sorry, I won’t live my life a lie, for you or for anybody else, I did that for 27 years and it almost killed me.

3. Well done Tara, hope you get the necessary numbers to sign it

4. Tara Hewitt 14 Apr 2013, 7:08am

Thanks fingers crossed we can get people to come out and support this petition only way to get a debate on the floor in parliament! So anyone people can take 2 minutes to sign would be great!

5. Peter & Michael 14 Apr 2013, 11:40am

Signed, with Love.

6. Tara Hewitt is a member of the Conservative Party, over half of which voted to deny same-sex couples the right to marry. Equality and diversity? Attack the media for misrepresenting LBGT people, join an organisation that msrepresents LBGT people.

1. Lesley Stafford 14 Apr 2013, 1:31pm

Why drag your own bigotry and prejudice into this, Polly? There are black Tories, there are disabled Tories, there are gay Tories, there are trans Tories. The leader of the Conservative Party in Scotland is an out gay woman. It is a Conservative government that has brought forward legislation to allow same-sex couples to marry in spite of the opposition of many of its own parliamentary party. I’m not a Tory, I’m a lifelong Labour voter. Are you suggesting that we shouldn’t support the petition because it was Tara who started it?

2. Just a few posts in and you’re already derailing this petition?
      Examine your priorities. The greater good is served by signing it.

3. carol uren 14 Apr 2013, 5:02pm

Yes, and by the same argument half of them supported gay marriage, but this e-petition is not about equal marriage it is about hatred and the manner in which parts of the media choose to portray us.
      There are many different people on here with widely differing political views from Greens to left wing activists to Tories – yet you would only support a cause if it was sponsored by somebody whose political views you happen to agree with??? Puleeeeze Polly, grow up and get a proper life.

4. Its all too “only those I like with the CON party”. I was going to sign this, but having been done so many bad turns by those in the CON party there is now no chance. I mean by this they don’t repect the rights of other to hold different views to them, but try to actively attack, lie, sabotage and deceive about them. No chance me signing this now! If you want community co-operation then encourage equality for all, including those being hit with the bedroom tax.

1. Tara Hewitt 15 Apr 2013, 7:27pm

Really sad that this is the ignorance of some people claiming to campaign for equality “thelostot”. I work with people from all political backgrounds and diverse views for a society built around personal fair and diverse values its a shame some people cant put their own predjudices to one side more xx

7. Tara Hewitt is attacking the entire media for misrepresenting LGBT people but is a member of the conservative party. Shall we attack the entire conservative party or just the parts that are ignorant and homophobic?

1. Lesley Stafford 14 Apr 2013, 1:36pm

We should attack the part that are ignorant and homophobic, and if you want you can attack them on social and political issues whenever you like, Polly, and we should attack ignorance, and intolerance, and self-righteous bigotry where ever we find it – left, right, anywhere. Here!

8. Tara Hewitt 14 Apr 2013, 4:50pm

Id rather focus on the issue than it turn into something about me not time or the place. Lets unite together to ensure ignorance and pure abuse in the press is challenged and get Transgender issues raised in parliament thats what this petition is about. I hope everyone from what ever political background will join me :) xx

1. I haven’t agreed with your political comment pieces here, but it’s neither here nor there, I will have signed your petition by the time you read this comment, I hope Polly will/has too. This is not about party politics.

9. Why is Pink News silent on the case of Colin Coats ? Why the cover-up ?

Watch the video on the link .You’d probably label him a ‘her’ or ‘trans’ who most people of good will would call depraved or ill .This so-called ‘transgender’ issue I’m sure would be of interest to the so-called LGBT ‘community’ .I can’t imagine the equality Stasi being must interested in any epetitions or twitter outrage about how ‘transphobic’ media coverage represented ‘her’ (Coats)?

1. He doesn’t look like he is Trans Ray – don’t you understand the difference between fetishists/ outrageous people and trans people? The number of trans people who would behave like this is almost certainly smaller than the number in the general population.

10. I see, I spoupse that would have to be the case.