UK: Lesbian asylum seeker due to be deported to Uganda on Wednesday

1. This shames our country.

2. I know this is off topic but it need s to be spread.A movement has been started in Canada to boycott the RBC bank, the largest bank in canada which it says have been hiring foriegn temopary workers to fill the positions of laid offcanadian workers. Please spread the word. facebook boycott rbc canada

3. I expected better from the U.K.

4. Miranda Kuijpers 10 Apr 2013, 2:23am

This is so tragic! I truly hope that she will be safe and can make her way to South Africa. My heart goes out to her.

5. We keep hate-preachers and bogus asylum seekers who want to kill us and actively plot against us, but we send away a genuine asylum seeker. Pathetic.

1. Spanner1960 10 Apr 2013, 12:00pm

Could you please tell me how you know this woman is genuine?

1. For a member of a disliked minority, Spanner1960, you’re very ungenerous to other minority individuals. If you weren’t homosexual, I imagine you might be another Mail-reading, black-hating gay-basher. “Send them back home,” “We’ll put the Great back into Britain,” and all that sh1te. You read the Telegraph, don’t you? Another increasingly wacky rag, whose readership seems to consist of self-flagellating Catholic wannabe martyrs. The UK has a history is taking in oppressed people, and considering she’s from a former colony where our lot let loose the religious zealotry that caused much of this gay-hatred (and no, I’m not a Britain-hating pinko, this is just a fact), maybe we owe it to her?

1. Spanner1960 12 Apr 2013, 1:45pm

Well you managed to fill an entire paragraph full of bile and socialist bull, but still singularly failed to answer my question.
          If she is a lesbian and can demonstrate her life is at risk, then I have no problem being charitable.
          However, what if she isn’t? And more to the point, what’s to stop thousands more economic migrants trying the same trick?

1. I don’t see what’s objectionable about my comment… Socialist? Not me. They already tried that in Russia. Didn’t work out :(
            How do they determine whether or not ‘this woman’ is genuine? Easy. Ask her is she reads Oscar Wilde.

2. David Myers 13 Apr 2013, 9:50am

Really Spanner? How do you know she’s not a legitimate refugee? And Uganda where her life would clearly be in danger? Are you seriously arguing that the burden of assumption should be that she is illegitimate in her claim? Come on!

6. Just sent an email to Kenya airlines (details from everyonegroup.com – link below) asking them to not fly Mary K back to Uganda.

7. This is shameful!

The UKBA have not learned anything from the case of Jackie Nanyonjo.

8. Helge Vladimir Tiller 10 Apr 2013, 9:45am

Sad- but true ! Happens in many countries in Europe. In Scandinavia as well-my own Norway included. I hate this neglect of Human Rights.

9. alwaysniceman 10 Apr 2013, 10:39am

The UK should quit the Council of Europe, joining Belarus, and the EU. Its disrespect for LGBT Human rights and human rights in general is appalling, including the questions asked when aN LGBT person applies for asylum.

1. Spanner1960 12 Apr 2013, 1:48pm

Reductio ad absurdum argument.
      My, these forums are crammed with logical fallacies today.

10. But, obviously a convicted hate mongerer and terrorist can not be deported because it would violate his family rights and he might not receive a decent treatment…..

1. Spanner1960 12 Apr 2013, 1:46pm

True, but a straw man argument nonetheless.

11. Was she deported?

12. Was she deported? What was the outcome?