Rick Santorum: It would be ‘suicidal’ for the Republican Party to support equal marriage

1. Am I a bad person for wishing Mr. Frothy Mix WOULD go out and kill himself?

1. it wuld be nicer if you could do what I did to another homophobe here in MD in our state legislature

I knew he was gay, there were all kinds of rumors over many years. I found the dirt and sent it to his wife.

She has filed for divorce.

My next step – publishing the link to what happened re him and his BF – in the local newspapers blogs. Maybe he will do what happened to his poor legislative aid about 15 years ago

Try flying with out wings

1. You were a little harsh but also a little fair. The four thumbs down were a little unfair with you.

2. Has anyone noticed how the GOP and the RCC are so closely related in their style of bigotry. I know the GOP is mostly Protestant based. But the GOP is taking a page right out of the Vatican handbook of deciet and denial. You would think they were both being directed by the same bunch of fools. Or Fool.

3. Robert in S. Kensington 9 Apr 2013, 6:02pm

And it will be suicide for the republican party in 2016 the more they go on opposing it. Santorum’s days are numbered. This fool is considering a presidential run in the next election.He learned nothing from his defeat in the last one.

1. David in Indianapolis 9 Apr 2013, 9:44pm

Good! The Republican party needs to go. And let’s hope the doorknob DOES hit them in the ass on the way out!

This country is FINALLY starting to wake up and that spells big BIG trouble for the GOP.

4. WantsToKnow 9 Apr 2013, 6:02pm

I think Santorum is incorrect that it would be “suicidal” for the GOP to embrace marriage equality. I think there are many Americans who are fiscally conservative but socially liberal. I am one of them. BUT, I will NEVER again vote Repugnican until they divorce themselves from the Christian movement in the country.

1. PLS – its really the anti-christs. And they are the same religious culture that justified slavery as per the bible, and justified bans on inter-racial marriage by saying they were protecting the sanctity of the white race

5. The Kitty Channel 9 Apr 2013, 7:40pm

It’s a very good thing that people can come out with nonsense of this kind. It ensures the Republicans will be marginalised next time. That can only be a good thing. If the Tories can approve equal marriage, then the Republicans can too. Obviously I am torn on this, because I wouldn’t want them to change their spots and become electable.

6. That_Matt 9 Apr 2013, 8:07pm

Remember when people cared what the republicans thought? Me neither.

7. Helge Vladimir Tiller 9 Apr 2013, 8:12pm

Who is she- who was she- who does she hope to be ? I’m not at all interested -there is a fascistic scent coming across the Atlantic Ocean.

8. Barry WilliamTeske 9 Apr 2013, 8:40pm

” Rick Santorum: It would be ‘suicidal’ for the Republican Party to support equal marriage, ”

This would be a blessing if the Republicans supported gay marriage.
    In that if what frothy says is true it would mean the criminals that make up the republican party would finally be toast.

9. Suicide is what they are already doing by violently opposing LGBT rights. Apparently Mr. Santorum comes from the Bizarro world. He probably thinks hanging and setting someone on fire is saving them and cutting the rope of a hanged person and extinguishing the fire of a person on flames is helping him kill himself.

10. Michael Walsh 9 Apr 2013, 10:03pm

He missed out the “not”…

Seriously, the Republican party dies unless it changes. In 50 years gay will be old hat and they’ll be considered a fanatical party of bigots and morons.

Oh………………………….

11. I say let them keep opposing. I’m ready for them to disappear from the face of the Earth.
    I’m sure Frothy is repressing some sexual frustrations.

12. * America – not wearing glasses at the time!

1. Or wearing its grandmother’s thick eyeglasses instead, probably as a joke.

1. Ops, intended to reply to Wingby’s previous post :-D

13. I lost interest in what he had to say a long time ago! I generally disregard what he has to say because it is always nonsense.

I did how ever find this interview recently which expressed the views of another GOP. It’s more interesting because it shows three perspectives of the Equal Marriage issue.

The commentator draws very valid conclusions from the other two interviews between a GOP and his gay son.

I personally found it such a double standard of acceptance! The Gop father will only evolve on the issue of Equal Marriage… but, not because of his gay son! However “if” his electorate convinces him to evolve, he would fight his conscience.

14. Jock S. Trap 10 Apr 2013, 10:55am

Ahhh, so the Loser returns.

If I remember rightly at the last US Election it was ‘suicidal’ for the Republican Party NOT to support Equal Marriage.

But hey, don’t let us stop you losing.

The fact that Obama got in with the electorate knowing his support really should teach these vile bigots a lesson.

However they’re not on on facts, just assumption.

15. You have it the wrong way round, Rick. As history will show, the Republican Party is increasingly regarded as ‘stuck in the past’ for not riding the tide of change. ‘Equality’ is something ALL political parties should support. Black people would still be sitting in a separate part of the busse had not justice prevailed. But hey, if you want to write your party’s suicide note by opposing equality – who am I to stop you?