Video: Family Research Institute head claims same-sex marriage would shorten lifespan of gay people

1. How sweet of him to consider our wellbeing!

1. Indeed. Touching. My partner and I, however, think we’ll take our chances, in the certain knowledge that he’s got his facts completely right.

1. amanda hunter 7 Apr 2013, 1:30am

you will live a long and happy life this guy knows nothing

2. How sweet of the National Press Club to host him.

“The National Press Club, a private club for journalists and communications professionals, has been a Washington institution for more than a century. It is also a world-class conference and meeting facility that hosts thousands of events each year for sophisticated clients from around the globe. And while these are the Club’s functions, its mission is to be The World’s Leading Professional Organization for Journalists. It is a social and business organization dedicated to supporting the ongoing improvement of the profession of journalism.”

From their website. I love the bit about “sophisticated clients from around the globe”.

2. paul hutton 6 Apr 2013, 10:16pm

I would rather live 24 years less and enjoy what I am, another Pratt talking from the wrong orrafice having no idea what it is like to be gay a lifestyle given not chosen

3. Hasn’t recent research shown that married gay men have longer life spans?. Haven’t got a link but maybe someone has?

1. Spanner1960 7 Apr 2013, 10:30am

I think you will find that any happy long term cohabiting relationships increase longevity.
      There were some recent studies that also showed the opposite to support it; people who live alone die younger.

4. The only thing you can do with a “Fruitcake”, which has passed it’s sell by date, is to throw it in the bin.

Best place for it

5. He’s bloody stupid! Stability in a married monogamous relationship bad for the human (gay) lifespan? Bullocks.

6. Paul Cameron is still spouting his discredited filth? Even those against same-sex marriage refrain from citing his ‘research’.

7. What Primordial slime pool of ooze did this ,fossil crawl out of.

8. He’s getting on a bit, isn’t he? Can’t one of his internal organs take mercy on the rest of us and leap upward to throttle what passes for his brain?

9. This man is one sick puppy. I can’t understand why there are still people who give this raving lunatic microphone time to spew his anti-gay rants.

10. “he had looked at obituaries of gay men in San Francisco and found that 23% admitted to having sex with underage boys”

You’d have thought that even this fruitcake could have done better than that. If he’s ever looked at an obit, he’d know that they don’t mention having underage sex. He’d also know that people rarely, if ever, admit to anything in their obituary, on account of being dead.

His obsession with sex clearly isn’t based on any kind of research. There must be something else going on in his mind causing him to obsess about it. Suggestions?

1. Innate desire for those of his same gender.
      Although I think he’s burned too many bridges for even a mercy f**k.

2. jamestoronto 7 Apr 2013, 2:44am

I can’t speak to the obits in San Francisco, but the last time I read any from around my country, NONE whatsoever made any mention of the deceased having sex with anyone — male or female, of age or underage. In fact I think it is very, very rare that the deceased are ever interviewed!!! What is this idiot smoking?!

3. “He’d also know that people rarely, if ever, admit to anything in their obituary, on account of being dead.”

Maybe he called the witch of Endor like in the Bible, since he loves and believes in that book so much.

11. johnny33308 7 Apr 2013, 4:48am

Hahahahahahahaha…..what a loonie!

12. Ive also heard, it will put skin on your custard. Lower the life span of you pet dog. Increase the chances of catching a cold, oh and make your nose drop off

1. firocious 7 Apr 2013, 6:58am

you forget that non gay men will start having sex with ducks

13. Davey Baalmann 7 Apr 2013, 6:23am

Such a stupid ass, I was in a LTR for 22 yrs. I am 60 now and this is a crock. Love,live happy and in your truth. That is the key to longevity.

14. Might I suggest that in the future, when writing about Paul Cameron, you include his history of rebukes and censure by professional groups such as the American Sociological Association and the American Psychological Association. The former disassociated with him and the latter kicked him out because of his stunningly bad science in pursuit of his homophobic agenda.

15. I think extreme homophobia like this is a “mental disorder”. Come to think of it I think the whole religious thing mixed up with an obsession with male gay sex is a “mental disorder”. I also think people who are so passionately opposed to something like SSM ( which doesn’t affect them at all) are bit mental as well.

The weird thing is that these guys don’t seem to be able realise how daft they look to normal people.

16. this article is ludacris. There is no way to prove that there is a link between homosexuality and life expectancy. Personally i feel that I have alot less stress and I feel more positive ever sense i came out of the closet. Being in the closet i think is what caused a majority of my health problems while growing up. I am more then convinced that this article is just one more desperate attempt to keep Gays and Lesbians from achiving A happy home life complete with that certificate that says they are legally married to the one that they love. I have spent the last 8 years in absolute bliss and i am excited for the day that we will be married.
    And the comment that gays are a danger to children is compleatly perpsterous. I have 10 nieces and nephews ranging from the age of one to 18 and i would NEVER think of doing anything that would harm them physically or emotionally

1. GingerlyColors 7 Apr 2013, 2:49pm

Not all straight people are safe around children. Just look at Phil and Mariaid Philpott.

17. Spanner1960 7 Apr 2013, 10:25am

CITATION REQUIRED.

The man is a complete balloon.
    These people are desperately clutching at straws and will quote any crap if it helps support their cause.

18. Jock S. Trap 7 Apr 2013, 11:54am

Absolute rubbish since the recent studies have proved the opposite… Oh hang on silly me, this religion saying it. Sorry forgot they don’t work on facts just assumptions.

Must be lonely for them.

19. .....Paddyswurds 7 Apr 2013, 12:40pm

This arsehole has been fixated on Gay people all his life and the older he gets the more extreme his pronouncements. It is not our fault that he is so affected by his obvious innate and inherent homosexuality, but his own fear and self loathing. I can only speculate that he had a very domineering set of parents who were rabidly homophobic in order to cause him so much obvious suffering. A spell of 10 or 20 years psychotherapy would probably have efficacious effect and possibly a spell in a secure hospital before his homophobic hatred of himself causes a tragedy to himself (wishful thinking) or worse, someone else.

20. BlokeToys 7 Apr 2013, 1:50pm

Shock! Right wing religious nut case presents hollow and distorted research in order to bolster their bigotry and hatred!

No one takes fools like this seriously, thank God! (oh, the irony lol)

21. Cuckoo…cuckoo…cuckoo…

1. GingerlyColors 7 Apr 2013, 2:47pm

Gaga…..Gaga…..Gaga…

22. GingerlyColors 7 Apr 2013, 2:46pm

Yet another pathetic argument against gay marriage from someone who is clutching at straws. Surely if married life is going to reduce the life expectancy of gay people then it should do the same with straight people.
    The truth is that the health and wellbeing with being in a stable relationship, especially when it is officially recognised, actually increases life expectancy.

23. What a completely whacky guy. I don’t know where to begin with this. Oh yes I do. Here: lalalalala…

24. Forcing children to experience gay sex acts? – redirect that to children being abused by hetero men and women and all those perverted clergy – what a hypercretin (new word)

1. I always knew that Catholicism reduced life quality and lifespan of people !!

25. Oh look. Another random excuse. We’ve given up blaming us for the escalating dispute in Korea and moved on to this balderdash!

Excuse #6061.

26. violets49 7 Apr 2013, 6:34pm

Who is he? I’ve never heard of him!

27. The claims get wierder and wierder.
    A friend last year aged 96. He and his partner had been together over 60 years.