Video: Garbage stops Detroit show to let a fan propose to his boyfriend

1. The most lovely contrast imaginable to the Michelle Shocked spew.

2. Auntie Babs 5 Apr 2013, 6:16am

that made me cry. it was beautiful. nicest news story of the year so far.

3. GingerlyColors 5 Apr 2013, 7:52am

Fantastic and heartwarming. I hope that Scott and Dominic will be able to marry soon. The article does not mention which State they come from, Michigan, unfortunately is behind the times when it comes to same-sex marriages. I hope that all laws banning same-sex marriage will be thrown into the Garbage-bin of history soon.

4. Absolutely fantastic story. Wish there was more like this instead of giving time and space to tw@ts spouting garbage

5. Saw this online a few days ago. It was great of the band to let the guys do this and what a superb response from all of those in the crowd too! Good luck to the guys

6. More please! Its such a refreshing change to read a heart-warming story like this instead of the usual political and religious anti-gay articles that seem so prevalent at the moment. Congratulations guys.

7. I love this story. I wish I could be as lucky as that in love. Alas, I am destined to be alone!

1. Awwww. That’s sad. Sorry to be so like you though.

1. I am only 26. Maybe one day I will find my Prince Charming. However, I won’t hold my breath!

1. Me neither. And i am 34………..

2. Tom Cotner 5 Apr 2013, 2:51pm

Darren, never give up. I am just turning 77 in May, and I have found my soul mate — I thought I never would. But we are very happy together — btw, he is half my age and twice as smart. :-)

3. Ken Lewis 5 Apr 2013, 4:46pm

don’t worry darren the older you get the more the guys want you i was 50 before i was told i was handsome and its been roller coaster ever since. I am 71 Partnered to a gorgous loving arab guy of 31 for over 2 yrs never been happier.

4. No need to hold your breath, there’s nothing wrong with being single. The present-day divorce statistics suggest the Princes Charming aren’t what they’re made out to be!

8. Ok, so I choked a little.

Best wishes to the engaged couple!

9. So sweet! :-)

10. Beautiful!*-*

11. Ken Lewis 5 Apr 2013, 2:27pm

i am 71 years of age when i see this sort of happiness with fellow gay guys it brings tears to my eyes when i think of the days when we marched through city streets under GLF Banner in the late 60,s to demand change in the then persecution we were subject to under the law.

12. It’s also rather endearing that it’s Scott’s brother who put the videoclip up on YouTube.

13. Barrybear1980 5 Apr 2013, 7:07pm

Such a lovely lovely story. It makes a great change to the depressing news we normally see on here.

It might be a small thing but I ha made my smile and set my mood for the weekend ahead :)

14. Absolutely brilliant!! I’m a big fan of Garbage and an even bigger fan now. And congrats guys.

15. Jim middle tn 6 Apr 2013, 1:40am

congrats to Scott and Dominic.. many many happy and loving years together ..
    and what a class act Garbage and lead singer Shirley Manson are … a great story .. we should have more like this

16. That was a lovely story. It is a pity that there are not a lot more like that. Thank you for publishing it. More of the same….. Success stories help to lift the gloom and doom stories from time to time.