US: Republican chair claims straight people would pretend to be gay to cheat equal marriage law

1. Jeez, I’m glad that problem doesn’t exist now. Of course, there’s no straight people who don’t love each other marrying to abuse the system and no gay people pretending to be straight to abuse the system! What another load of sh!te to attack marriage equality!

1. Sue Everhart, both ugly and stupid, how her life must suck .
      No wonder she can’t keep her nose out of other people’s business and lives.

2. I would delete it if I could but as I can’t I take my comment back because I don’t want to give this person any attention of any kind at all.

2. Their stupidity really does know no bounds!

3. Jess Kirby 3 Apr 2013, 4:18pm

The hoops a closed mind will go through to justify their misguided beliefs are amazing. Logic and reason have left the building

4. And WTF does

“If it was natural, they would have the equipment to have a sexual relationship.”

even mean?! So you’ve never ever touched your husbands ding dong with your hands then? Crazy woman.

1. I seem to have plenty enough equipment!

5. It is truly extraordinary, the utter mindless bullshit people will come out with sometimes.

Though in passing it’s good to be told that we don’t have the equipment to have a sexual relationship. (What are they getting so hot under the collar about then? How can we – all – be promiscuous if we can’t have a sexual relationship?)

6. Garry Cassell 3 Apr 2013, 4:30pm

Somehow I have a feeling this wacky loon didn’t finish her Phd…How some people can actually allow themselves to be exposed to the world…thinking they’re so clever…makes me embarssed to read it much less knowing her..can’t really imagine being a relative….

7. Is this a joke? Literally, I’ve read so many stories that are just pure bs. They’re just clutching at straws now because they realise they have no argument, but are in denial.

8. Dave North 3 Apr 2013, 4:42pm

“Lord, I’m going to get in trouble over this, but it is not natural for two women or two men to be married,”

Sorry to burst your bubble love but it is also not “natural” for a man and a woman to be married.

It is a social and religious construct.

Nothing more.

1. Even worse, it’s utterly unnatural for a man or woman to choose complete celibacy and chastity through their whole lives like how the Catholic priests and nuns do. In the animal kingdom all species have sex, more than 1500 species engage in homosexual relationships, around two or three species have sex for the pleasure, but only one species has a problem with and persecute and harass those mentioned before. But of course, who can argue with a book from the Bronze Age ? God said it, it must be right.

9. Robert in S. Kensington 3 Apr 2013, 4:48pm

There must be something in the air or water in America to keep on churning out these demented religious loons. It’s bad enough we have our fair share of them in the UK. What an embarrassment these people are to their country. They need permanent sectioning.

As more politicians and countries support equal marriage, you can expect the desperate rants to continue on both sides of the pond. It’s beyond clutching at straws.

10. Liam the God 3 Apr 2013, 5:08pm

Why would they do that, Sue? What possible gain would someone straight get by pretending to be gay? THEY can already get married, so NO FVCKING GAIN WHATEVER!
    All the best, Roger the Bull.

1. I think she is watching too many Adam Sandler movies.

11. That There Other David 3 Apr 2013, 5:13pm

It’s funny how these people believe the failings and deceptions of the entire human race are only bad when gay people might do them. I don’t think she’s that naive, so can only mark her down as another one using desperate arguments.

12. Dear Sue

1) Lay off the chips. Really.

2) Get a responsible adult to gently take your hand and lead you to the nearest psychiatrist.

13. How long before we hear that “Gay Marriage” will lead to an invasion from the planet Zog whose inhabitants have sworn to introduce compulsory beastiality and necrophilia on planet Earth.

1. That There Other David 3 Apr 2013, 5:51pm

Dunno. When is Tom Cruise next on Oprah?

14. Do these people ever look at themselves in the mirror or listen to what they say.She is absolutely Batshit crazy.

15. can someone just get these republicans laid already?

1. Jeez but this woman is thick. She never considered straight males and females could do this too?

16. This is why incest is illegal. Poor woman, having to grow up with only a quarter of a useful brain.

Seriously though, stupid is as stupid does.

17. I think whoever wants to get married as long as they are two consenting human adults, nobody else should worry about it. If someone would rather marry their hetero lifemate, which i doubt would actually become a thing, more power to them. It isn’t anyone else’s business. I think we need to redefine marriage like this just to save marriage.

18. What would the problem be then, Sue Everhart? Don’t the right-wingers already encourage gay and lesbian people to enter into heterosexual marriages? So what would be the problem with heterosexual people entering into homosexual marriages? It’s the same exact idea you’re pushing on people, just in the opposite direction.

19. But, but … we DO have the equipment for a sexual relationship… don’t we??

1. That actually made me wonder if she thinks that gay people are built like Barbie dolls? It must surely hurt to be that lacking in intelligence.

I picked up on another bit in there: “I believe a husband and a wife should be a man and a woman…” – she is saying that she doubts that a husband is a man and a wife is a woman? What the…?

But then there is so much in there that’s beyond absurd. How embarrassing. For her.

20. .....Paddyswurds 3 Apr 2013, 10:24pm

I will thoroughly enjoy the consternation when Marriage Equality becomes universal as it now seems inevitable. These peoples skulls will explode I would say brains but the proof is out there that their brains are at best rudimentary and as just about enough to keep their lungs going and enable them to feed themselves. I would also say help them to speak but the gibberish emanating from their mouths would seem to indicate that even the rudimentary brain eschews reason and rationality…….

1. .....Paddyswurds 3 Apr 2013, 10:27pm

are **

21. She does appear to be blond. Or is she a fake blond? Either way here statement makes no sense whatsoever. Don’t US politicians need to have at least 2 brain cells?

22. Yes, she is right, they would do that all the time. Even today cisgender people cheat the law all the time by changing their sex legally and human beings cheat the law all the time by marrying dogs just for the fun of it.

1. Clearly her husband married a dog.

23. I know I am going to get into trouble for saying this – but clearly stupidity is a key criteria to be Republican official.

By the way ‘my equipment’ to have a sexual relationship with another guy couldn’t be better and whats more it all comes naturally.

Idiot comments from an idiot women but hey interview her some more. The more these type talk the more they sink their party.