Michelle Shocked: ‘I admit I made a mistake’ by going on an anti gay rant

1. Davevauxhall 2 Apr 2013, 5:00pm

Stop digging!

1. Won’t this awful talentless woman ever go away!

2. Well that proves it. She was completely stoned during the show and the interview.

1. jamestoronto 3 Apr 2013, 3:18am

Nooooo!!!! Not a Xtian!!! That cannot happen!!

3. Of course now she’s feeling the effects on her wallet she apologises. Talk about professional suicide…

4. Fake apology, I don’t believe her at all. She appears to get misrepresented a lot??

5. girl is crazy… that’s all there is to it. Stop putting her on TV and send her to get some help for her issues and/or addiction or whatever is causing this hot mess.

6. onesecond 2 Apr 2013, 5:44pm

Crazy. Mentally not healthy. Poor woman.

7. What a load of total, insufferable, rubbish. Utter, unadulterated gibberish. Does anyone understand what this bigoted, patronizing ageing fool wants to say? This is no apology. This homophobic, third-rate ex-celebrity, out on the chicken-in-a-basket circuit, has given us a dose of the reality she wouldn’t recognize were she she to trip over it. Pathetic. A gay-bashing has-been who’s had nothing to say since 1982 and has already had too much publicity.

1. I don’t know who you are, but I love ya!

2. jamestoronto 3 Apr 2013, 3:20am

VERY well said. You hit every nail on the head.

8. Listen. People. Transcripts? “the show was supposed to be live, not recorded”. Oh, darling, but it was!! Just ANYONE can go and listen to top quality recordings of the whole sorry thing and make their own minds up. Soundcloud, Youtube anyone? Lol.

9. So…what shes saying is…. “sorry not sorry” ???

1. She’s sorry it was recorded.

10. She has gone from washed up to washed out of her mind!

11. I hope she’s being truthful, but I’ve listened to that gig, and she was being homophobic at that point in time. Maybe she’s changed and learnt the errors of her ways? I kinda feel sorry for her, she sounds a bit messed up.

12. James Savik 2 Apr 2013, 6:33pm

tell it to someone who cares Michell

13. Car crash!

….Oh, and her songs are shit too :-)

14. “I admit I made a mistake by making my bigoted views more public”

15. johnny33308 3 Apr 2013, 2:44am

She should not apologize, since she spoke what was to her, the truth. She meant every word! She is an american evengelical christian (really, more like a kkkristian, but there you are)….HELLO? She is “born again” and her new religion allows, encourages….no, demands she feel and spread hatred and bigotry in the name of her god. She is a bigot! Forget her…….and she should consider giving up at least SOME of the drugs….just sayin’. Loser.

16. To paraphrase Dory the fish, “just keep digging, just keep digging”

17. friday jones 19 Jun 2013, 10:58pm

What Ms. Shocked doesn’t realize is that every time she shakes hands with one of her new fundamentalist friends, they go to the restroom and wash their hands with Purell because they don’t want to catch her “ex” gay cooties.

How’s it feel being a barely-tolerated pariah in TWO communities, Princess?