US radio host: Gay people are living a ‘sad delusion’ and need to ‘embrace reality’

1. Religious people mocking others for being delusional?

Just a tiny wee bit of self-projection, perhaps? She really wants us to be unhappy and it doesn’t compute in that magic-addled brain of hers that we do just fine – and would do even better if she would stop blabbing her issues in public and go see a shrink to figure out what is making her such a sour-puss.

1. On the other hand 26 Mar 2013, 12:15pm

Methinks she doth project too much.

2. Can someone please lock this insane woman up for her own safety!

“It’s not hateful to oppose homosexuality since no one is born this way”. Yes they are

Even if a person swears that they’ve always been this way and could never change, that does not mean it’s true”. Yes, it is true

3. jessica_pink 25 Mar 2013, 4:30pm

“Human history is replete with examples of folks who spent years believing something or other was their destiny and it turns out to have been a sad delusion and life could be very different if they embraced reality.”
    Exactly love… I wish she’d apply what she says to herself too…

1. Funny, she is describing almost all the so-called prophets in the human history, including those from her mythological book.

4. If gay people don’t exist, how can they be living a sad delusion?

1. No idea,

5. Now let me get this right. This person, who believes what is written in an ancient novel about ‘talking snakes’ and ‘women fashioned from a man’s rib’ wants US to believe in reality? Oh dear. More rantings from another looney. Personally, I hope they keep on pumping out this bile. Every time they do, far from converting someone TO christianity, they create another agnostic. Keep up the good work!

6. “Human history is replete with examples of folks who spent years believing something or other was their destiny and it turns out to have been a sad delusion”

Too right – she probably thinks she’s going to heaven.

1. Ijust think it amazing how aptly the phrase fits her… living a “sad delusion”…. they would be happier if they “embraced reality”.

Like, the reality of gay people.

7. So I never really liked guys, even as a kid – it’s all been a dream? But there’s a bearded man that lives in the sky who impregnated a virgin

1. Pamela Perkins 25 Mar 2013, 4:50pm

I just laugh and shake My head at people like this, The sad thing is that it is people like Her who cause / perpetuate some of the problems in this world and, She doesn’t even know it !! I also feel sorry for people who have such tunnel vision, I only pray She has no children because if She does imagine what She is teaching them and what kind of Adults they will become !

8. Ah lawd, she’s escaped again! Nurse, get the sedatives!

9. She’s a scream, Linda Harvey is such a great comedienne, she should have her own TV show. Maybe Graham Norton could invite her over to do a spot on his show.

1. Liam the God 25 Mar 2013, 6:59pm

Maybe we could just put her in a cage with some other emotionally disturbed religionistas and watch them either agree with their hateful views, or tear each other apart trying to appear more “Holy”? That would be worth watching.

10. That There Other David 25 Mar 2013, 5:20pm

This woman has TROLL written all over her. Even using the word “delusion” is designed to provoke ire.

Ignore her and her dozens of listeners.

11. Catherine Goins-Jasin 25 Mar 2013, 5:30pm

Have you left a fingerprint on the inside of you Encylopedia of Books called the Bible? Or, do you merely listen to your teachers and call them Father? Which by the way, your Encylcopedia says “Call NO Man Father”! Ms. Finger Pointer, Let He without Sin, Cast the First Stone! Only Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Chist, has the authority, to forgive our sins, the Our Father, is a Template Moron! It clearly says, repeptative prayers fall on Jehovaha’s deaf ears! “IF” they were the same person, when Jesus was being crucified, why did he look up into the heaven’s and ask: “Father, if it be YOUR Will Take This Cup from MY Lips”? Was he talking to himself?

1. You make no sense at all. I can’t even follow your train of thought.

2. Oh… Linda, I didn’t recognize you…!
      You must have changed your name?

3. Erm .. what??!

4. It IS possible to have useful, everyday skills AND be a religious person. In this case, however…

12. “Human history is replete with examples of people like me who spent years believing something or other was my destiny and it turns out to have been a sad delusion and life could be very different if I only embraced reality.”

Now you see it for what it really is – it’s all about Linda Harvey s own sad psychotic delusion.

13. Christian. Radio Host. US. Nuff said!

14. Cris South 25 Mar 2013, 6:10pm

Jesus could be forced to marry a man? Where does she get these ideas? The movement isn’t about forcing anyone to do anything. It’s about legal rights and equality. We aren’t human? Explain that to my church, my community, my son, my grandchildren and my friends. I would also say this…if one could CHOOSE how to live your life, would someone deliberately choose a life that is often hated, often greeted with violence and death and compared to heinous crimes like child abuse and beastiality? This woman is so far out there, she dangling off the edge of any sense of reality. And as a Christian, I deeply disagree with her claim to that reason for her hatred and injustice.

15. Linda Harvey is the new replacement for the old, Anita Bryant.

1. ….and we all know what happened to her!

1. Yeah… she got a pie in the face!
        Got the sack from her orange juice promotion job!
        Got divorced!
        Lesbians and gays organized massive protests against her!
        She lost her recording contracts!
        She’s been declared bankrupt!

And last time I heard…
        She was trying to make her umpteenth come back,
        somewhere in the Midwest of the USA!

16. another day, another deluded christian nutter, so much comedy material, enough for 3 hour stand up gig

17. Liam the God 25 Mar 2013, 6:56pm

“Want to find someone delusional? LOOK IN THE FVCKING MIRROR, BITCH!”
    Why is it never these sacks of puke that get shot by the maniac with an AR-15? She makes me SICK!

1. Liam the God 25 Mar 2013, 7:08pm

Ooh, someone marked me down for posting what’s on my mind! I didn’t know Linda Harvey was reading! Keep trying, girl, and one day you too may end up like Jesus: DEAD!

1. Liam the God 25 Mar 2013, 9:11pm

Minus 4 on BOTH these posts! My word, how many retards there are on this site!

1. @ Liam the God… I’ve marked you up…
          I think most of the mark downs are done by trolls…

“My word, how many retards there are on this site!”

I certainly agree… it appears that some people have difficulty with
          comprehending what they’re reading!

1. Quitting While You're Ahead ;) 26 Mar 2013, 7:17pm

Seems like breaking even is the best goal here…

18. US Radio Host says…

It Must Be Headline News.

/sigh

19. Little Miss Faceache is clearly a radio troll. Could we please stop feeding her?

20. Well I’ll tell you what Linda sweetie , any public square you want -you ask your god to ” come down from the mountain ” and I’ll meet you and your followers and sit on my BF’s prick and we’ll see who comes first…. Since your spiritual comfort blanket hasn’t made ANY appearance apart from to the psychotically delusional in 6000 years I’ll take it then that it’s dead or disinterested either way you lose

21. you stupid woman – she needs a queen to dress her the state of her clothing

1. Liam the God 25 Mar 2013, 7:48pm

with her brain it’s more a case of “The Emperors New Clothes”: Only the supremely deluded can see them!

22. Deus caritas est 25 Mar 2013, 7:40pm

Now I’m all for freedom of speech but honey at least have some back-up for your ridiculous, baseless and illogical opinions!

23. hahahahahaaha..no stop it! too funny!!!! ……what she’s serious ???..ok Nurse draw up the olanzapine! obviously floridly psychotic

24. She’s not getting it.
    Simple as.

Keith.
    SALFORD

25. Yaaaayyy !!! I don’t exist !!! Cool !! I always wanted to be a illusion of Matrix !! :-D

I don’t know her opinion on bisexuality and transexuality, but probably she believes I don’t exist TWICE. Hehe, I am now an special illusion of the Matrix. Take that, Agent Smith !!

26. Bobbie Jo Justice 25 Mar 2013, 8:54pm

definition of irony – a delusional christian who believes in a magical non-existent sky pixie saying that gay people are delusional.

27. douglas in canada 25 Mar 2013, 8:55pm

If she took the time to read her delusional book, on which her delusional religion is based, she would read that it is completely wrong for her, as a woman, to address men in public.

She also doesn’t have her head covered. Maybe she’s a prostitute?

Ha. I’m glad I’m gay — I wouldn’t ever want my “thingy” to get too close to her “thingy”. LOL

1. Don’t be ridiculous… she certainly couldn’t be a prostitute… not at her age!
      I think she’s probably a madame of some cheap, discount brothel!

28. Brett Gibson 25 Mar 2013, 9:34pm

I’m quite fine being gay thank you. It’s just PEOPLE like YOU who make it harder.

29. This woman’s elevator does not go anywhere near the top floor of intelligent thought.

30. This nasty bigot is the one who needs to wake up to reality, after the abuse LGBT folk all over the world do and have suffered we’re hardly the ones with the “sad delusion”

31. A completely deluded person who believes that everyone else, who don’t share her views, is deluded!

Is that not a symptom of Schizophrenia, or at least a serious case of Psychosis?

Whilst she appears to have a mental illness and deserves pity for that, society needs protecting from her as she is dangerously out of control.

32. Michelle in Australia 25 Mar 2013, 11:49pm

So it’s not ok to be ‘delusional’ even though it doesn’t impact on her..yet..it is ok to judge others as delusional and cause immense amount of pain and suffering? My heart aches for the kids reading this that are affected..sending you hugs my dears.

33. Tax the churches. They stick their worthless noses in politics, so they should be taxed!

34. Why are nuts like these given publicity?

35. Linda Harvey…you poor misguided ignorant slut. If I had known your Mother at the time of your conception…I would have performed the abortion myself. ~Dan Akroid

36. How do we even deal with such mental defectives in society? Shouldn’t all these retards be in some form of state care?

LInda Harvey is clearly a nut case, mentally ill, probably having suffered from emotional abuse from a very early age.

I pity her. She clearly hasn’t had the psychological treatment she should have had.

37. This whack job is about 16 shades of crazy. What you are dealing with here is not religion, or spirituality. This is religious addiction. Look it up. And she gets a platform to spew her illness to the general public. Sadly, this kind of garbage is another thing that brings harm to gay kids.

38. They say that when you criticise others, you’re really criticising the aspects of yourself you see in them.. Which sounds about right ;)

39. Jock S. Trap 26 Mar 2013, 1:50pm

Funny how the religious extremist turn things around to blame other for what they do, isn’t it.

It’s a fact that Linda Harvey is clearly uneducated and thinks her assumptions triumph over fact.

It is her that is ‘delusional’ and blaming others for her clearly misfortune in that.

It is her that needs to ‘embrace reality’ and stop blaming others for her clear misfortune here too.

A fact also is if you were to remove rights because of bigotry and religion you see them scream from the rafters that they are being victimised and put upon.

We know this because it’s all we see now. The more control over society they loose. The more a decent society progresses in equality the more these vile creatures scream.

Well Ms Harvey… better get used to it coz you’ll be doing a whole load of screaming over the next years as you look your grip…. and probably your marbles. (Although that is questionable now).

40. The only delusional cow i see is her brainwashed by shit coming from religion noticted how they use children as an excuse for their views she more they likely will be part of a pedophile ring take a look at the catholic church