UK: Transgender teacher whose decision to live as a woman was outed by media found dead

1. So the Daily Mail now has this womans death on their conscience, not that they care!

When she transitioned, all the kids would have thought was that they had a new teacher.

Richard Littlejohn is a slimeball!

1. “All the kids would have thought was that they had a new teacher”… or they would have learnt a valuable lesson in a sensitive and real way about transgender people, transitioning people and open-mindedness and acceptance.

What a terribly sad story. I remember reading about her in December and being so proud of her and the school. What a terrible ending to this women’s story.

2. RIP Lucy Meadows

3. Liam the God 22 Mar 2013, 1:05pm

Richard Littledick now has his crowning achievement! Well done, you fvcking racist homophobic CVNT! I hope you get cancer of the dick! Not that you have one, you pathetic hatemonger! Fvck the Daily Mail, and fvck every cvnt that READS the blood-stained rag!

1. What a piece of work Littlejohn is. Still the moneys good I suppose. What a dismal world this can be.

4. RIP Lucy Meadows.

I’m sure that most of us will look to the media for this – And that nothing will come of it, since the government and the media depend upon one another in a rancid and dysfunctional relationship of bullshit and lies.

5. Everyone has a right to decide how they live their own life. Why does anyone feel it is ok, to interfere in someone else’s?

6. My first knowledge of this tragic news came from the Metro newspaper that I picked up at the railway station this morning. It was a tiny article relegated to the corner with a pre-transition photo of Ms. Meadows accompanied by a mocking headline: “Classroom Miss who was a Sir is found dead.” The other, larger two main articles on that page reported on a woman ‘with gender confusion issues’ who had just been jailed for three-and-a-half years for tricking her lover into thinking she was male and a man who had gone to jail for three-and-a-half years for the manslaughter of another man with Asbergers Syndrome.

Makes you wonder if the press are consciously and deliberately intimating slander through trying to suggest guilt by association?

7. That There Other David 22 Mar 2013, 1:21pm

Saw this earlier on the MEN website. Really very sad.

I’m sure the Daily Mail are deliriously happy that the children are now being told that their teacher is dead rather than transgendered. Never mind the tears, at least the children are being “protected”. They’re probably all high-fiving each other in the offices at Derry St. Sh1tbags.

8. DCBrighton 22 Mar 2013, 1:23pm

I can understand why Jane Fae is diplomatic or cautious when it comes to blaming the Daily Mail for Ms Meadow’s suicide, since there is no factual link, but let me make it clear that I hold no such caution. The Daily Mail threw this woman into a media spotlight in the most disgusting and degrading way at a time when she was very vulnerable.

I make no apology and I say with complete conviction that Richard Littlejohn and the Daily Mail are directly responsible for Lucy Meadows’ death.

9. How in the 21st Century are such mindless ignorant bigots even allowed to be parents? – Disgusting and unnecessary hatred of people they are too stupid to try to understand!

10. If her death is not from natural causes then this makes me so angry, especially after the PCC didn’t do anything to that transphobic bitchBurchill.

I’m sure Lucy’s death will be far more ‘challenging’ than her transition for the children to deal with.

Richard Little brain should write a letter of apology in the Mail to Lucy’s friends and family for the death that he has contributed to.

1. DCBrighton 22 Mar 2013, 1:42pm

There is not a chance in hell that Littlejohn will make an apology. The Daily Mail has quietly deleted his column piece in the hope that it will all go away.

The internet does not forget though:

1. thelostdot 22 Mar 2013, 3:56pm

check the article though, and the Wayne Kelly pictured in the Mails article. If you Google Wayne Kelly, Accrington you will find that a drug dealing conviction comes up. That is who the daily mail took their lead from – a convicted drug dealer.

11. Mumbo Jumbo 22 Mar 2013, 1:37pm

See Roy Greenslade in The Guardian here:

And sign the petition to get Littlejohn sacked here:

12. If her death is not from natural causes then this makes me so angry, especially after the PCC didn’t do anything to that transphobic bitchBurchill.

Richard Little brain should write a letter of apology in the Mail to Lucy’s friends and family for the death that he has perhaps contributed to.

13. ColinJones 22 Mar 2013, 2:24pm

This Royal Charter nonsense which is supposed to control the press will do very little to stop the vile right wing tabloids in this country I fear, closing down the Sun and the Daily Mail is what’s needed at least.

14. Sky news have covered this story citing “sex change” and using “he” throughout the piece.
    I’m going to complain

1. Was that the radio or TV bulletin?

The website report seems quite reasonable: http://news.sky.com/story/1068118/sex-change-teacher-lucy-meadows-found-dead

2. Sick of idiots 1 Jun 2013, 1:44am

Oh do shut up.

15. So the Hate Mail claims yet another scalp.

I’ve signed the Change.org petition – please add your signature now.

No doubt the Press Complaints Commission will let them off… :-(

However, it’s still worth making a complaint to see what happens, otherwise it’ll seem that no-one cares.

16. Jock S. Trap 22 Mar 2013, 2:39pm

My heart goes out to Lucy Meadows family and friends. Such sad news.

Of all the things to make a fuss about, arguing how ‘challenging’ it would be for children when now they must be hurt but told the truth that it looks as if the bigotry and intolerance of those particularly children’s parents contributed to an innocent person’s death.

This is the result of nasty parents, bigoted media and I question why they should be parents and around children at all when they cause such damage.

17. thelostdot 22 Mar 2013, 3:39pm

RIP Lucy Meadows. I’ve done a little checking and the Mail article contains a picture of a Wayne Kelly, who presumably took this and the letter the Daily Mail. I Googled Wayne Kelly Accrington and found that Mr kelly was recently prosecuted for drug dealing. Shades of Cardinal O’Brien! Why are these self righteous bullies allowed to carry on in this way?

18. johnny33308 22 Mar 2013, 3:41pm

Mr Littlejohn and the Daily mail must be proud to have rid the world of yet another innocent LGBT person! Both of them should be punished for their BULLYING/VICTIMIZATION of this poor trans woman. It appears that they are guilty of something very dark indeed, but they do not care, obviously….how shameful! They become more American in their backwardness every day!

19. Rest in Peace – I am very sad that yet again, one of us has to pay the ultimate sacrifice, when all we want is to live our lives without being portrayed as freaks. The Press should once again be ashamed of itself.

20. Mumbo Jumbo 22 Mar 2013, 6:07pm

“…..the Daily Mail now has this woman’s death on their conscience….”

The Daily Mail has no conscience.

21. Far from having any conscience, the Hate Mail is now adding insult to injury.

“It is regrettable that this tragic death should now be the subject of an orchestrated twitterstorm, fanned by individuals… with agendas to pursue.”

22. I cried and cried and shook my head in disbelief; how can this happen in the 21st C? I think something is rotten at the very heart of Britain and I feel so depressed about the future.

23. This is so sad. Littlejohn is wrong. It is very easy to explain trans issues (or any issues) to young children as their opinions and views aren’t yet fixed. I think its the adults that struggle with this issue. information given to children needs to be age appropriate and not to detailed and then there is no reason for them to be confused. I hope anyone who is particularly upset about this sad news looks after themselves and finds support.

24. What I didn’t say was that I was a teacher too and waited until retirement to transition. I did attempt to it but faced ridicule from colleagues who knew. I felt intuitively I would be harmed and this was in the ’80s. The kids were fine; as they are today. The adults are the problem and in small primary schools some parents can be very vindictive. Some parents at St Mary Magdalen’s primary school also carry responsibility for this tragic death.

I have love and admiration for the courage Lucy had which I didn’t have. All she ever wanted in life she said “was to be me”. I shall never, ever forget her and my sympathy goes to her family and friends as well as to the staff and pupils of her school.

25. Children don’t really find it difficult to deal with matters such as transition unless the adults in their lives have taught them it’s problematic. It seems the school itself was doing a commendable job of making this as normal a thing as possible and thus making it something the students could adapt to. Now you know what’s difficult for students to grasp? Their teacher dying. That’s difficult. Not even the adults in their lives can make that easy. They can’t just smooth it over as something that is normal. The poor woman is dead. I feel so sorry for her family, her community, and the children whose lives she shaped.