Supreme Court grants Obama administration the right to argue same-sex marriage ban is unconstitutional

1. Did you notice the story link headline is missing the word “BAN”? That makes Obama saying he’s *against* same-sex marriage.

2. ColinJones 16 Mar 2013, 2:59am

I’m a big fan of Obama, I’m sure he’d like to be a lot more socially progressive but he has to fight a vicious right wing opposition that makes Anne Widdecombe look like a communist .

1. Helge Vladimir Tiller 16 Mar 2013, 11:24am

I agree with you, ColinJones ! Warm greetings from Norway!

1. Thanks Helge, greetings to you too!

3. Robert in S. Kensington 16 Mar 2013, 11:39am

“[Marriage] confers a special validation of the relationship between two individuals and conveys a message to society that domestic partnerships or civil unions cannot match.”

Bigot Tory MPs Loughton and Burrowes can’t even conceive of that simple explanation along with all those who voted against equal marriage.

I take my hat off to President Obama. No world leader has taken such a stand.

4. Since he has come out for gay marriage about 1 year and a half ago its been like a shooting bullet for equality in the states, And a lot of it has been because as the leader he elevated gay rights to sold platform where it should be, Anyone who would try to bring gay rights down it wont work because who wont allow it to be pulled down from that platform. I respect him as if he wore my farther. I love him.

1. J GALLIMORE 16 Mar 2013, 3:57pm

I REMEMBER A TIME WEN CRISTHIAN’S CUT THE SKIN OFF THE FIST KNOWN WOMAN MATHEMATICIAN A LIVE , REMEMBER **HYPATIA **SHE WAS A VIRGIN AND EDUCATED THAT MADE HER A WHICH,AND HER LIMBS WERE FROWN ON TO THE FIRE AT ALEXANDRIA LIBRARY EGYPT
      WERE SHE WAS A TEACHER.

5. Nancy M.Reynolds 16 Mar 2013, 10:06pm

My Heavenly Father says when a man leaves his mama he is to cleave unto his wife the definition of a wife is a woman our Lord made Adam and Eve Not Adam and Steve come on people don’t we understand our world has went to hell in a hand basket because we have tried to take God out and He ain’t going no where He will be back very soon and we can be happy instead of totally confused love

1. Helge Vladimir Tiller 17 Mar 2013, 2:04pm

In our culture homophobia BOILS DOWN TO CHRISTIANITY ! PERIOD !

2. Leigh Hamilton 18 Mar 2013, 2:40pm

Yup, the world has definitely gone wrong. I mean, every day I walk to the shops past burnt-out buildings and Christians being hanged from trees. No wait, I don’t, they aren’t, and nothing has changed.

6. sarah forbes 17 Mar 2013, 9:22am

The U.S. Supreme Court might decide to liberate 20,000 Same Sex Married couples,but by doing so,100 million+ Religious Americans will be forced in the future to accept all these Gay~Married Family Court Judges deciding straight family values for Religious Americans..

7. sarah forbes 17 Mar 2013, 9:34am

By the U.S. Supreme Court liberating these 20,000 Same Sex Married future couples, they are forcing 100 million+ Religious Americans to accept future Gay~Married Family Court Judges sitting in roost deciding straight family values ..

1. Sarah, that is such a ridiculous statement. The marriage of two other people has absolutely nothing to do with your own marriage. Gay marriage will not affect straight marriage at all. I live in Massachusetts, we have had legal gay marriage for the better part of a decade, and straight marriages have just as much meaning as they did before. The only thing that has changed is that now gay couples can also get married.

If you don’t like gay marriage, no one is forcing you to have one. You can marry a person of the opposite sex and lead a totally happy life completely independent of the lives of homosexual married couples.