US pastor says gay sex is like ‘plugging an electrical cord into the wrong outlet’

1. PantoHorse 14 Mar 2013, 3:06pm

What utter bollocks. Jesus never said ‘here’s god’s standards’ or insisted people never deviate from the things he’s listed. Jesus hung out with prostitutes, for starters, and there’s not one recorded instance of him saying ‘you gotta change your ways, gurl’. Ridiculous.

God dreamed up sex?! I mean, what??? Equally ridiculous.

This man is thoroughly deserving of as much ridicule as we can muster for his preposterous, sanctimonious claptrap.

1. I had to tick that post if only for the ‘you gotta change your ways, gurl’ comment!

2. by saying god dreamed it up, he suggests that god sleeps and therefore is not omnipresent and therefore cannot be watching all of the time.

3. He’s saying he knows what gay sex is like.

2. Why doesn’t He just plug an electrical cord up His ass, and shut up!

3. douglas in canada 14 Mar 2013, 3:09pm

At some level, I actually agree with this man.

Gay male here. If I were to have sex with a woman, I’d be “plugging my electrical cord into the wrong outlet.”

But this man won’t let me plug into the outlet that I need. :(

Oh well, I’ll go do what it best for me.

His analogy also makes me think, if I move, I can plug into a new outlet… How many outlets am I allowed to plug into? As long as I can carry my TV with me, can I plug into as many outlets as possible in a given night?

[This could be fun!]

1. Just make sure the cabling is properly insulated…

2. Prince Derek 14 Mar 2013, 5:32pm

Hasn’t he heard of adapters? Anyway, are we talking AC or DC here?

3. He’s definitely not earthed. He’s in cloud cuckoo land.

4. Garry Cassell 14 Mar 2013, 3:16pm

Yes another waco claiming to be God’s advisor…when are these f****** wing nuts going to ever realize how stupid they are…They are really providing comic relief for the rest of the world…God does have a great sense of humor..just to allow these dickheads to continue making fools of themselves…

5. What a weird bloke.

6. Actually its not gay sex, its anal sex and hetrosexuals have been doing it for generations.

1. Lynda Yilmaz 14 Mar 2013, 3:53pm

and guess what? In many countries where virginity is still a requirement for the marriage night and the in laws check the bed for virgin blood stains in the morning, it is quite common for courting couples to have anal sex in order to preserve the girls virginity. How’s that for an innovative twist to God’s standards?

7. At least now so many US pastors have been exposed as hypocrites/ charlatans using Gahhhd as a sock puppet for their personal gain or mask for their own vices, that they have collectively become a a byword for sliminess.

8. Robert in S. Kensington 14 Mar 2013, 3:31pm

What about a married hetero who for some physical or medical reason becomes impotent? Should that marriage end because he can no longer plug in his penis? What’s their obsession with sex all about? I strongly suspect Jeffress isn’t getting any. The thought of him bonking……….yuck! Repulsive! I’d rather go without. He’s just another stupid religious bigot, his mind always in the gutter.

9. You know its funny because i agree with him a little, So I’m a bottom and anytime a guy sticks his dick in me it feel like a rush of electricity threw my body and when he gets that spot its like he found that outlet. This pastor is very deep to see what i think. Funny he knows a lot about gay sex for a pastor. lol

1. then someones not doing it right hitting the spot is meant to feel good not like being electrocuted.

1. Liam the God 14 Mar 2013, 5:06pm

I think he has a point: When you hit that spot they don’t half squirm ;)
        I’ll get my coat…..

1. lol.

2. Well james maybe you can help me, So i get what you mean. lol only jokeing ;)

10. Jon "maddog" Hall 14 Mar 2013, 3:46pm

Notice that he is using an old TV. Modern TVs are often multi-voltage.

In any case, I find his analogy quite incorrect and totally shocking.

11. Spiritbody 14 Mar 2013, 4:12pm

THIS is homophobia at its most raw in my opinion. Not coloured by the marriage topic or school education etc. Just the good old fashioned belief that any sex outside of missionary is deviant. Can I assume this guys never had a blowjob? Is the mouth an alright hole, or not? I would love to ask him what business it is of his which hole I chose to stick my knob into!! If ‘GOD’ has a problem with it, then thats between me and God. Thats the real problem with these people- they think they’re God! It would be laughable if it werent so damaging to so many.

12. He’s obviously plugged his tongue into the wrong electrical socket.

13. With the risk of sounding crude…. Even if it is the wrong socket us gays still manage to get the electricity flowing.

14. Liam the God 14 Mar 2013, 5:05pm

“My psychiatrist asked me if I thought sex was dirty: I said only if you’re doing it right!” – Woody Allen.
    Does that mean I have a Multi-Voltage part, what with being bisexual? Wot a TOSSER!!

15. How apt you say that! I consider the act of having sex with Craig, my partner of NINETEEN YEARS to be truly electrifying! The sparks really do fly between us. We’re like a Jacobs Ladder. ;)

16. Prince Derek 14 Mar 2013, 5:31pm

There are no TVs or electricity in the Bible. I’m pretty sure of that.They are unnatural inventions of the modern world.

As such they are not divinely approved and it is sinful to use them.

” Show me where it says in the Bible that it’s ok to watch TV!”

1. Also there are no cats in the bible…
      So stop watching that cat…
      It might be a sin!?

17. If anal sex blows people to smithereens his problem should solve itself.

Also if God didn’t want people to engage in anal sex, why’d he make it fit so goddamn well.

18. Guglielmo Marinaro 14 Mar 2013, 5:43pm

Well, I have news for him. If gay sex involved the wrong socket, it wouldn’t work, but the human body allows both straight sex and gay sex to work perfectly well. It’s not like a TV plug; it’s more like a reversible duvet.

19. What makes me most angry is that all they talk about us is sex. Being gay is much more than sex. There are gay people who don’t have sex and straight people who do have ‘gay sex’.
    The day they will understand that being homosexual is not having sex with other men (or women), but being capable of falling in love with another man (or woman), we will have come a long way.
    For me this obsession with sex reveals a lot about their own problems…

20. WantsToKnow 14 Mar 2013, 5:58pm

He’s right on one thing… gay sex is “electrifying”! Maybe he’s just jealous, stuck in vanilla ice cream marriage sex… LOL

21. A large, electric probe should be plugged into his outlet, preferably with a very high voltage.

22. Fact is they make all sorts of tvs that plug into all sorts of sockets. When that doesn’t work, there are adapters. And if you can’t plug in, get one that runs on batteries.

23. These guys are just a tad too obsessed with “plugging.”

24. you heard it here first, folks – gay sex makes you explode

1. Helge V. Tiller 14 Mar 2013, 9:20pm

Beautiful comment !! Thank you !

2. “gay sex makes you explode”

Is that the same as christians and spontaneous combustion?

25. Bill Thompson 14 Mar 2013, 8:54pm

You have to read all of Leviticus not just 18 and it is clear what God meant. It keeps the sexual relationship in each verse between a man and a woman and even covers animals for both men and women. Sin is sin and gay is just the same as cheating, stealing or lying. It’s the unrepentant practice of sin that is the issue. If you read all of Leviticus and Mathew 19:4 and still believe a grammar error from Leviticus 22 from KJV to english removes the fact that same sex is wrong in the eyes of God, you are justifying the practice of sin in your life.

1. Bill Thompson 14 Mar 2013, 8:59pm

I meant to say Leviticus 18:22 I left off the chapter number sorry.

1. Bill Thompson 14 Mar 2013, 9:02pm

You have to read all of Leviticus not just 18:22 and it is clear what God meant. It keeps the sexual relationship in each verse between a man and a woman and even covers animals for both men and women. Sin is sin and gay is just the same as cheating, stealing or lying. It’s the unrepentant practice of sin that is the issue. If you read all of Leviticus and Mathew 19:4 and still believe a grammar error from Leviticus 18:22 from KJV to English removes the fact that same sex is wrong in the eyes of God, you are justifying the practice of sin in your life.

I am sorry but there is no way to edit after the fact so here is the same comment completely corrected…thank you!

1. Actually you’re wrong. Firstly, the kjv of the bible is the literal most preserved bible and is literal translations. While other versions of the bible are translations of how others think the bible should be translated hence the abomination of homosexuals because homophobic translators were present. Also it is direct translations from the Hebrew language. If anything, kjv is the best bible to refer to. Secondly Leviticus talks about shrine /cult prostitution not Christ loving homosexuals. Get your facts right before commenting.

2. Oh dear… here we go again… tired old, Leviticus 18:22…! Why is it that, Leviticus 18:22 is always quoted? It’s just the, same old same old… cherry picking of the bible! Have you actually read all of Leviticus…? I certainly hope that you haven’t ever eaten pork and shellfish or indeed worn clothes made of mixed fibres!? If you can’t live by what the entire bible says… then stop, cherry picking! Why, hell… any half wit can quote Leviticus 18:22, back up what you say! By the way, saying that, this or that is in the bible and this or that was said by god, is in no way, shape or form any evidence! We are living in the 21st century not 2013 BC. We have a much better understanding as to why things happen and we don’t attribute things to the wrath of some angry god.!

2. Lord forgive him, he knows not what he says. Please forgive him speaking in your name, and for pretending to know your with all certainty.

2. Guglielmo Marinaro 15 Mar 2013, 3:13pm

The belief that Leviticus was written or dictated by God is based on no evidence beyond the mere assertion that it was so. The actual contents of Leviticus suggest otherwise: for example, Leviticus 20:13 orders the judicial murder of men who have gay sex. And if there really were a deity who had issued such a wicked command, it would be wrong to worship him (or her).

3. your a disgrace

26. Helge Vladimir Tiller 14 Mar 2013, 9:06pm

This silly argument is hundreds of years old ! It has appeared in many varieties. Christians love it ! All over the world; Brainwashed idiots, lacking knowledge and human acceptance of their fellow citizens.Use your brain, fool, if you have got any.

27. Someone should wrap an electrical cord around his neck and pull hard.

1. I think that’s something that he probably does himself…
      Though, he’s usually wearing, a black corset, suspender belt, stockings and high heel shoes.

28. Bigot obsessed with graphic gay sex = obvious closet case

29. johnny33308 15 Mar 2013, 3:39am

It is more than apparent that this ignorant man has never read the new testament and just pulls his thoughts out of his rectum and makes it up as he goes along! Self serving moron! And he just built a $130 million dollar church to spread this filth! No matter, he and his backward ‘religion’ will lose and LGBT people will win, all over the world!

30. What a silly old dushbag! – someone should be plugging an electrical cord into his socket and hopefully gain some healthy brain cells and get an education!

31. billforsyth 20 Mar 2013, 12:48am

Why are these religious people so obsessed by homosexuality particularly the Christians,given that their founder Jesus never mentioned it.He had an awful lot to say about so many things .Peace ,money lending, usury, judging others but nothing at all on a subject which so many of his nominal followers can’t shut up about.

32. I’d blow his brain to smithereens