US: Illinois State Representative says gay couples have ‘disordered relationships’

1. Robert in S. Kensington 13 Mar 2013, 2:48pm

Hmm, so adulterous married heterosexuals don’t have disordered relationships and nor do supposedly celibate catholic clergy who molest boys and girls? Bloody bigoted stupid hypocrite.

2. Gay Activist Paul Mitchell 13 Mar 2013, 2:53pm

Dumb blond bitch!

Bigots should be sent straight to the gas chambers!

1. Could you please kindly troll somewhere else?

3. I’m rather surprised that a person of her stature reverted far backwards utilizing “natural marriage” when even the faith she finds natural was out together by a council of men comparable to her position in society way back hence the block of a book that which had been altered time and time again to suit the needs of those in control of society. Yet has it been proven words of God but comparable to “diaries” of the apostles.
    The only thing natural is her myopic view comparing equal sex with mainstream heterosexual marriage whose odds has statistically proven the success that equal sex couples trump against the latter.

4. Nice plastic teeth though. Wait another couple of years and it will be the same as what transpired about Anita Bryan, who turned out to be a pill popping alcoholic, and whose perfect marriage turned out to be anything but since her perfect husband took to bashing her behind closed doors.

5. Knottyboyscot 13 Mar 2013, 3:00pm

Fud

6. Matthew Huyck 13 Mar 2013, 3:04pm

I find it interesting, when one group of people allow laws that give them over 1,300 special rights, do not think it proper all people deserve the same rights. A marriage license it a legal contract for 2 people to care about each other and the family they create. More interesting is that some how it is OK in a church to promote misunderstanding and hate. Why is she being allowed to vote on laws?, she clearly does not understand the meaning of equal, we are all GOD’s children.

7. So by her reckoning, my civil partnership, which I have been in for five years already (longer than Britney Spears’ & Kim Kardashians’ put together) is disordered. What a foolish woman.

The only thing that is dis-ordered, is your way of thinking. If you are that religious, then you should be at home under your husbands lock and key!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 13 Mar 2013, 9:14pm

And with a chastity belt on I hope.

8. Wow so my relationship of 16 years and CP for 7 years is disordered! I had better tell my wife!

This point really made me angry
    “weasel their way into acceptability”

I don’t think we are weaseling anywhere. This woman is just a bigot.

9. How did anyone manage to get that woman to remove her tinfoil hat for long enough to take her picture?

1. Good comment! Tinfoil hats being used by a large number of people suffering from paranoia and delusions, feeling the need to protect themselves from being “invaded” by electronic harassment. I have a friend who has become delusional and went through a stage of wearing a tinfoil hat at night so “they” wouldn’t “get” him.

10. I stopped reading the second I saw the word ‘catholic’!

1. Healthy response, McShaney! Catholic, Anglican, Islamic, Jewish, Scientologist, and so forth: they’re all delusional.

11. Everything Jeanne Ives has said is homophobic and inaccurate. She is just spouting her prejudiced beliefs that are not formed by logical reasoning or statistical data. A quick look on Wikipedia reveals that the median length for a marriage in the US today is 11 years – that indicates that there are many thousands of divorces and separations amongst traditional marriages. Those many thousands of divorces and separations are due to “disordered relationships” of which many involved adultery; physical, sexual and financial abuse; breakdown of communication, etc.

Jeanne Ives should obviously do a little research to help herself form beliefs that reflect reality before opening her mouth about same-sex relationships, unless of course she is content to be seen as intellectually and mentally disordered.

12. She called us “weasels”? That smarmy skank has her nerve.

13. Jeanne Ives, my parents were heterosexual and their marriage was amongst the most disordered kinds of relationship that it’s possibly for any two people to have.

Start thinking in terms of human beings, and not making judgements about the quality of other people’s relationships because of aspects of their personalities of which you happen to disapprove or which you dislike!

14. Well, it seems bloody odd that my relationship with my boyfriend has lasted a damn lot longer than any of my heterosexual friends relationships. In fact, If I add up all of their relationships… it doesn’t even come close to beating the length of time I have been with my lovely Craig.

Our apartment is well kept and everything is tidy, clean and neat. So your statement is irrelevant.

Get your own affairs into order before going on about others.

15. On the other hand 13 Mar 2013, 4:49pm

Her remarks are purely defamatory. We should be able to take a class action against her.

16. “Jeanne consistently offers both time and talent as a coach and volunteer in her children’s schools and activities.”

And these people worry about the effect same sex parents have on kids? If it wasn’t so offensive it would be funny!

1. Yes, it’s a terrifying thought that young people are made to endure time in her company. One day these people will be barred from such activities.

17. You know, we’d rather not have to talk about equal marriage too. It’s only because of horrific hatemongers like you that we have to. We look forward to a world where equality rules and such discussion is irrelevant.

18. Yes, like women, atheists, and black people had to before us, we are weaselling ourselves into respectability – where we belonged in the first place had it not been for the likes of people like you excluding us!

Move over – there’s room for all of us. (Well maybe not you)

19. That There Other David 13 Mar 2013, 6:22pm

Isn’t it great how “out there” people of this ilk now sound? Not that long ago when their nonsense was deemed to be the acceptable position, and now they come across as crazies.

BTW, what’s she got against weasels? I like weasels :-)

20. Sooooo 8 years with my fella is a disordered relationships?
    get a life

21. And she has disordered brain cells.

1. Why are we not seeing this as defamation?? She is blatantly saying these hurtful words about us publicly and she can get away with it?? I wouldn’t mind sueing her and the new pope for that matter. I think we all need to make anyone who doesn’t understand us stop what they are doing and have them go out with us to have a nice night out drinking cocktails at Armani’s. :)

22. friday jones 14 Mar 2013, 12:03am

The only thing I want to hear from Jeanne Ives is “Would you like some more raspberry iced tea?” as she’s waiting on my table at Sizzler’s. I believe wholeheartedly that that was her TRUE calling.

23. Funny. That’s how I view heterosexual relationships …. but I would never be so crass, vile and bigoted to voice it. You only have to look at this woman to see how religion has ‘disordered’ her mind. The repression oooozes from that cheesy, smug, vacuous grin.