Labour’s Stephen Twigg’s nose raises questions of its own on Question Time

1. Why is this being featured on Pink News? It’s hardly news and it’s certainly not LGBT news. Is it because this simpleton voted against the bill to give gay people equal marriage rights? Why would that mean this story is worthy of inclusion?

1. Maybe one of his gay constituents punched him in the nose for voting against equal marriage and Pink News forgot to add that part of the story in?

1. Robert in S. Kensington 8 Mar 2013, 2:35pm

Stephen didn’t vote against the equal marriage bill, he voted for it. He also joined the Out4Marriage campaign last year.

2. DCBrighton 8 Mar 2013, 2:42pm

Tigra, he voted FOR equal marriage.

His Out For Marriage video is here: http://youtu.be/sfd9Rflr-mc

This Pink News story is ridiculous. It is simply “man has scar on nose”

2. It is being featured because this is a genuine gay nose story.

2. NEWS FLASH!
    Gay man wears plaster after injuring nose!

Seriously Pink News was this a slow news day?

3. ColinJones 8 Mar 2013, 2:28pm

This just shows how silly Twitter can be , I’ve never used it and don’t want to.

1. DCBrighton 8 Mar 2013, 6:25pm

I understand to some extent where you’re coming from, but it’s a bit unfair to blame Twitter.

If I receive a hate mail letter in the post, I don’t blame Royal Mail for delivering it to me.

I do use Twitter and I control who I interact with on it and I feel it is a great way to keep up with friends and deliver news that I am interested in.

4. DCBrighton 8 Mar 2013, 2:30pm

Can’t actually believe that Pink News are reporting on the fact that a man was on TV with a spot or scar or pimple or whatever on his nose!

This is not news, in fact it verges on bullying with regard to a persons appearance. Absolutely disgraceful PN!

1. Staircase2 8 Mar 2013, 3:49pm

Well said

2. Concur. PN – when you hit the bottom of the barrel on a slowish news day, please stop scraping. This is pure irrelevant ad hominem nonsense.

5. No Sam B this ‘simpleton’ did not vote against gay marriage. That was Derek Twigg!

6. Slow news day?

7. vversatile 8 Mar 2013, 2:38pm

I don’t care whether he is gay or not.
    He was one of the war mongers who voted for the Iraq war in 2003 and then lost his seat in 2005.
    It’s a scandal he was accepted by another constituency and got back into parliament in 2010.

1. DCBrighton 8 Mar 2013, 2:47pm

This is not the place to talk diplomacy or his voting history on international conflicts.

Get back on the Pink News topic, ie, what do you think about the pimple on his nose?

1. vversatile 8 Mar 2013, 3:56pm

Sorry, I forgot that the murder of 100,000 civilians weighs much less on his concious than how he would look on TV with a zit on his nose.

1. DCBrighton 8 Mar 2013, 6:11pm

You have confused this website with one that cares about politics.

This extremely newsworthy story is not about his political voting. It is about his appearance, particularly his nose and how it is all very funny to laugh at it.

Is there anything about his appearance you want to point to and laugh about?
          (It is not bullying at all, definitely not!)

2. vversatile, please, we are not idiots here. The UK and USA did not do battle with Iraq IN ORDER to “murder” “100,000 civilians”.

My many Muslim friends in Middle Eastern countries adjacent to Iraq were extremely grateful that we got rid of a lunatic dictator who had gassed 1000s of his own people, occupied and largely destroyed Kuwait, and who threatened Saudi Arabia.

8. Calmeilles 8 Mar 2013, 2:54pm

Cream and a plaster is not the appropriate medication for Pinocchio Syndrome.

9. johnhbblyttle 8 Mar 2013, 3:02pm

hiding the telltale marks of being wedged between ed milliband’s buttocks no doubt

10. Staircase2 8 Mar 2013, 3:48pm

Another shining example of what Pink News is getting dreadfully, tabloidly wrong…

How bout we all start LISTENING to what people SAY versus what our prejudices tell us about the way they LOOK…?

11. What a totally vaccuous and pointless article this is! It is most certainly not ‘News’ in any sense of the word.

All that this demonstrates is PinkNews getting itself on to the slippery slope of tabloid irrelevancy.

Shame on you that your editorial team even considered publishing it!

12. Pink News: great publication, but maybe it’s worth slowing down on the number of articles you publish.

It has crossed my mind recently that some of the articles are not really very newsworthy.

If you concentrate on the big news, and post articles less frequently as a result, your readership is less likely to become saturated and will hopefully continue to increase.

1. DCBrighton 8 Mar 2013, 6:48pm

I disagree that Pink News should slow down with the number of articles published.

Almost every article PN publishes, I am interested in. I read the comments and I am always interested in the opinions of others even if I disagree with them.

There is sometimes the odd article, like this one, that riles me up and makes me think ‘why would you publish this crap?’ but more times than not Pink News are doing a great job.

Although, come on PN, a scar on a man’s nose is news?

13. Relax folks. It’s trivial, of course it is. It’s harmless and mildly entertaining. Trivia punctuates the serious and given the landscape a bit of relief.

1. For “given” read “gives”. I so wish this site had an edit facility.

14. The most notable thing about last night’s QuestionTime was the vicious stream of rabble-rousing that was spewed forth by that vile Melanie Philips. Sadly it was met by a considerable amount of enthusiastic applause. She absolutely blasted David Cameron for “not listening” to “real Conservatives”.

Melanie Philips is so dangerous that today I have been thinking I ought to sign up with the Daily Mail and put in an least half an hour on their comment threads every day, to throw the spanner amongst the load of bigots who post there.

1. You’d be a brave person to do that Eddy! The Daily Mail posters are extremely vicious and won’t listen to reason. Good luck, you’re braver than I am! I wish a large number of us could be organised to post on the Daily Mail en-masse – an LGBT coup d’état!

15. A comedian was upset by the sight of Stephen Twigg’s nose? Surely the sight of Melanie Phillips is much more upsetting. Stephen had a boil on his nose – so what. Melanie’s mind is a boil. It’s about time a medical practitioner drained all that horrible, germ-filled pus lurking inside her head.

1. “Melanie’s mind is a boil”
      Love it. LOL.

16. I don’t mind PN reporting on Elton John’s new baby or Will Young’s new boyfriend or Madonna’s old knickers but THIS is a story?