Gary Lucy to reprise gay banker role in Eastenders

1. He’s rather scrummy to say the least. Hopefully there’ll be plenty more gay kisses and lots more on EastEnders when he rejoins!

2. ColinJones 6 Mar 2013, 2:52pm

I haven’t watched Eastenders since 1996, depressing bloody programme!

3. I have the great misfortune to live in a country where there are no rights for homosexuals.
    Unfortunately, in the county where I live homosexuals are pointed out, are seen as crazy people or freaks, are beaten by others for the mere fact that they are homosexuals, can under no circumstance integrate into society.
    There is not even a cafeteria or a pub for homosexuals.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 6 Mar 2013, 3:14pm

i feel for you, Gabriel. Which country are you living in?

1. romnia

1. Robert in S. Kensington 6 Mar 2013, 5:19pm

Say no more, gabriel. I once met a Romanian straight guy several years ago who told me there were no gay people in your country. Is there anyway you can leave?

1. ColinJones 6 Mar 2013, 5:46pm

And isn’t Romania about to join the EU?Or maybe it has already,why are these countries not told to sort themselves out first?

2. do you help me or not?

4. Robert in S. Kensington 6 Mar 2013, 3:13pm

Eastenders was far better when there were gay characters in it in its earlier years. About time to see a gay character brought back.

1. I still remember watching the ‘first’ gay kiss on EastEnders and the uproar that followed, encouraged of course by the tabloids.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 6 Mar 2013, 5:20pm

I remember that too. The Mail had some of the most vile and vicious comments of course.

5. I wonder how they will re-introduce his character.

has he even met any character on that show other than Syed and Christian?

6. That quote from the producer that: “I am sure the audience will relish the fact that the complex nature of this character means nothing is ever simple” probably means the character will now be bi and he’ll now get involved with women.