Bryan Fischer talks on fifteen-year campaign to stop ‘militant homosexuals’ from ‘destroying America’

1. Not going too well so far ;-)

1. If you will check wiki you will find he is also a racist.

The usuak combinattion of hatreds from teh right wing xtians

Bet tho he takes in a million $$ a year from the people he deludes into joining his hate

BTW hitler was the supreme racist protecting the sanctity of the aryan race

2. Liam the God 1 Mar 2013, 5:42pm

“Sexularising”? I don’t even know if that’s a REAL WORD!! When all else fails, make up your own language to confuse those that know you talk bollocks!

1. Nope, it’s not a real word – he made it up. Coincidentally, people like him are the ones it applies to best of all. Ranting fundies obsessing about what other people do in bed, and spending every waking minute thinking about ‘gay sex’. Yes, it’s people like Fischer who are ‘sexularising’ the US.

And by the way, Fischer, Americans are not ‘god’s people’, you sad little man.

3. Robert A. Cuthbertson, M.D. 1 Mar 2013, 6:54pm

Mr. Fischer…you are truly reading too much of Sheldon and Sears/Osten. You need to stop listening to Brown, Phelps and the rest of the right-wing. Do you ever listen to yourself? You sound like the Second Great Awakening talking about slavery…that came to an end as is the Fourth Great Awakening…your time has come…we have won…and when we have the right to marriage…we will NEVER give it up…

4. The more he is talking – the bigger an arse he makes of himself and other American Right Wing teabagging looneys …

5. Project 2026 sounds like a bad sci-fi. I hope by 2026 everyone in the World will have realised that montheism is a bad joke. Although I think I may be expecting too much.

6. The only thing destroying the fabric of A merican life is these self possesed lunatics of the religious right and their crony friends in politics. Everyone has seen their so called righteous behavoir from telling us we are Doomed in the eyes of God while they go off and Shag some innocent little boy or girl. Or have an orgy at their home or convince thousands to commit suicide in the name of their religion.Or worse still to cause the suicide of many young people because of their religious beliefs.And the bullying that comes from it.It is time to take the likes of these Slevines and throw them in the Trash -bin of human degradation where they belong.

7. Any person who agrees with Uganda’s attempt to execute gays has to be a neo-Nazi. His ideal America is to eradicate any form of difference to his fascist views – it’s very narcissistic, much like Hitler was.

8. These old fools will be all dead by 2026 or what ever date they are saying , sorry bigots but the future belongs to us = you had the past and look how they fucked that up .

9. Christopher in Canada 1 Mar 2013, 10:19pm

America seems to be destroying itself pretty well on its own. That’s what happens when public education is shunted aside for religious indoctrination.

10. Having worked with mental health issues in the UK, I am quite willing to accept that our systems are less than perfect; however, I wonder if the UK Mental Health system would let this guy out to cause harm to others and himself….

1. Yes Ron. There is so many diagnoses that could be given to this man. He displays signs of paranoid schizophrenia.

1. I agree that many diagnoses might appear appropriate for his condition, but I rather think that the underlying condition is avarice. This is, after all, quite a lucrative business for him, is it not?

2. Indeed, James, there seem to me to be so many diagnoses that could fit this man, but I suspect that the true diagnosis is of a severe case of avarice. After all, does not this man make a good living out of this?

3. please forgive the double posting – a little glitch

11. That There Other David 1 Mar 2013, 11:06pm

Yes Bryan, that’s exactly what happened. The humanists, atheists, gays and Muslims all got together and planned to destroy America by letting two people of the same-sex who are in a relationship anyway get married.

The Muslims in particular were totally for it. They even brought pie.

12. The USA doesn’t have proper mental health care, does it…

1. Mommie Dammit 2 Mar 2013, 2:07pm

No. We don’t. If somebody’s butt itches we throw Prozac at it then turn them loose. The only lock-down institutions that still exist are for those who are criminally insane or those who are completely incapacitated.

Otherwise, we let our mentally ill roam the streets. It’s been this way since the early 1980’s when the gov. decided to defund all state-run institutions. Since then we have seen homelessness, and bizarre violent crime skyrocket. No doubt this could also be connected to the beginning of our economic collapse, which also started with the Reagan era, but economic ruin is only part of the puzzle. “Community mental health efforts” is another.

13. GulliverUK 1 Mar 2013, 11:38pm

We know from the Bible — if you can even believe a single word of it — that Paul (who never even met Jesus, not once), and Jesus, were both apocalypticists – they believed the world would end in their lifetime. In other places both believed people should not marry – why bother as it’s not too much of an ask, since they believed the end was near.

Now, since the world hasn’t ended, and Jesus was supposed to be God in human form, how is it that he was wrong about the end of the world?

I could go on for hours about how many errors there are in just the New Testament – resurrection story is different in each Gospel, things that Jesus was supposed to have said were added hundreds of years after the earliest copies of the manuscript, some letters attributed to Paul are fakes, not written by Paul ….. etc.

1. GulliverUK 1 Mar 2013, 11:44pm

… and don’t take my word for it, watch some Youtube videos from Bart Erhman – a former fundamentalist Evangelical Christian who lost his faith when he studied the Bible in great detail – something he thought was inerrant, he discovered was anything but. Another reason why his difficulty in understanding a God who allows so much pain and suffering of humanity, where people who do good deeds all their life get struck down by very debilitating illnesses and suffer, how people who are good but don’t believe aren’t saved, … what sort of a God allows this? Is such a God really worthy?

1. Wow, that’s two great posts there, Gulliver! It’s convinced me of atheism. You’d be great at taking on Christians on television!! Unfortunately though, being the stubborn and self-righteous people that they are, they tend to have an answer for everything and they insist on having the last word. However, I reckon you might be able to silence them! I wish you could silence David Burrowes and Jim Shannon!!

1. “Minus 2″ lol. Two people must think that complimenting posts is offensive. I wonder what it is that I said wrong.

1. Phil Roberts 2 Mar 2013, 6:41am

“Minus 2″ pesumably because you make up your mind from just 100 words from Gulliver that God does not exist.

Or is it your desire to silence them because your don’t agree with them!

The first makes you an idiot the second a dangerous idiot.

2. “The first makes you an idiot the second a dangerous idiot”.

LOL.

Phil, in my opinion an idiot would be someone who resorts to personal insults against someone who was being complimentary rather than insulting. Obviously you disagree, but that’s your opinion.

Suggesting that I am an idiot is one thing, but to suggest that I am a “dangerous idiot” is quite another. When I said that perhaps Gulliver could ‘silence’ a couple of bigoted MPs, I didn’t mean ‘silence’ them by any act of aggression. I meant that I believe he might have the capability to ‘silence’ them through argument and debate. I thought that was perfectly clear in my post. As I have now explained it to you, perhaps now you will be able to see that I’m not a “dangerous idiot”.

14. M. Scott Peck came up with four stages of spiritual development and when you study them then you realize that most people in the world are stage 2 and stay there for the rest of their lives when they are meant to advance to stage 3 during adolescence and that’s why anything stage 2 adults say are like water off a duck’s back to me.

15. From the photo accompanying the article, I’d say Fischer spends more time on his hair than this vain old queen does. He needs to spend more time sprucing up his brain.

1. Liam the God 2 Mar 2013, 12:38am

All that’s missing is an “What DOES she look like?” at the end. ;)
      I think he spends just as much time on his Tan as on his hair, mind you.

2. Bryan Fischer loves himself more than his god. Perhaps he believes that he is God and when he talks about “God’s judgement” he actually means his own judgement. The man seriously needs a padded cell.

16. Liam the God 2 Mar 2013, 1:11am

Anyway, I’m not a “Militant Homosexual”: I’m a Very Pissed Off Bisexual Man! So ner, yaah, boo, and sucks! :p
    Take THAT, Fischer!

1. casparthegood 2 Mar 2013, 6:29pm

Don’t go complicating things now! – he will really blow a fuse :-)

17. This guy looks just like Ratzinger’s twin.

God help us.

18. “McFarland went on to say: “The four groups that are actively working to secularize and destroy America: humanists; atheists; militant homosexuals; and Muslims. All four of these groups got major momentum beginning in the ’60s and ’70s”

The American Family Association doesn’t do satire, but if it did it would be the best the world…;)

19. Ha ha Bryan is a real nutjob. Last I checked, I was never recruited by anyone to be gay, nor am I going out of my way to destroy marriage or join up with some other group of society to take over the world lol. One could say if anyone, heterosexuals are popping out babies left, right and centre, and THEY want to achieve world domination (they already have by the way) lol, this is so ridiculous it’s laughable. Bryan could be the next Fred Phelps – he’d give him a run for his money.

20. As a Christian he should know better than what he is saying and doing

21. If you check wiki you will find he is also a racist.

The usuak combinattion of hatreds from teh right wing xtians

22. Cardinal Fang 3 Mar 2013, 4:56pm

Too late, the tea party movement has already destroyed the functioning of democracy in America, and is imploding the country.

The problem is fundamentalism.

23. On the other hand... 3 Mar 2013, 5:06pm

God obviously likes gay people. He punishes virulent homophobes by turning them into gays. We have seen this time and again with Pastors, Cardinals, Popes, Republicans, etc etc. they make some fire and brimstone speech, and the next thing you know, zap! and they find themselves being arrested in an airport toilet for public sex, despite having a wife and 10 children. This can only be God’s doing, and his fitting punishment for hatred and intolerance towards Gay people.

Wait for it Bryan…Zap!

24. Hehe, funny guy, mixing atheists and Muslims together. Throw him back to elementary school to learn basic logics.