8-year-old writes to the Welsh Secretary to say she has been brought up ‘perfectly well’ by lesbians

1. Out of the mouths of babes.
    Jones muts be made to apologise fully or explain his theory. Marriage has indeed “developed over many centuries”. Would he claim therefore that in all cases children of divorced heterosexuals are better off than children raised in a stable Gay relationship?

1. Ashley Dickenson 19 Feb 2013, 8:45am

How do we know she wasn’t coerced to write what she did?

1. Jock S. Trap 19 Feb 2013, 9:12am

I think more importantly why do you think it wasn’t possible for a child to see their own parents attacked and respond out of their own will?

To have caring, loving, stable environment attacked this way would give any child their own thoughts on the matter.

It’s a shame you think all children are as thick as you are.

2. Well she can write eloquently -for an eight year old- which is a lot more than quite a few eight year olds with straight parents i know can.

3. “I regard marriage as an institution that has developed over many centuries, essentially for the provision of a warm and safe environment for the upbringing of children, which is clearly something that two same-sex partners can’t do.”

“I did not say in the interview that same-sex partners should not adopt children and that is not my view.”

Mr Jones implied as much, the grammar and the content of his first statement could not be clearer!

1. if you take the statements together none of them contradict he is saying it is possible to adopt children but in his view they can’t do it very well…

4. I hope he receives plenty more letters like that including from children raised by two men because I can guess that it is actually gay men that David Jones has an aversion to, more than lesbians.

I get the feeling that he won’t be sacked or asked to resign as it would have happened by now. It is very feeble of Cameron to allow extremists in his Cabinet. Jones’ opinion wouldn’t be tolerated under a Labour Government. There are some Labour MPs who have views not in keeping with the party, but those views wouldn’t be tolerated on the frontbench if they were aired.

1. So now he is an extremist,you really cant bear the thought of somebody expressing an opinion or saying what the majority of uk residents think,

1. Jock S. Trap 17 Feb 2013, 1:44pm

What I find incredible is the religious who think only THEY have the right to opinion and no-one else does! It’s as if Freedom of Speech only applies to religious people.

2. And you know this is what the majority of UK residents think how? Enlighten me, exactly how have you researched this? Can you show any facts? I’m certain you can not!

3. Yes Jenia, he IS an extremist. If he had said the same thing about black, Jewish, Catholic, Muslim or any other families he would be described as an extremist. What he said about same-sex parent families is no different. The majority of UK residents support same-sex parents and marriage according to polls so you are completely wrong. You and David Jones are entitled to have extremist views but there should be no place for extremism in the cabinet. This isn’t Iran.

1. You will be looking for bogey men under the bed next,grow up and stop repeating what you have read,

1. Or homosexuals who cant abide anyone disagreeing with them.you wil be saying he has committed terrorist acts next,you really are most patheticlc.

2. Jock S. Trap 18 Feb 2013, 3:48pm

Shock Horror… jenia’s homophobic….. yarda, yarda, yarda…. bored now…. yawn!

4. Majority? Where exactly are you getting your ‘facts’ from?

It’s often the case that those too thick to follow a debate, conducting their own research and reasoning, make up their own ‘known facts’ in order to bolster their arguments.

You, jenia, are a liar.

5. Bet he wishes he’d kept his mouth shut.

And what chance has he got of holding on to his Seat at the 2015 General Election now?

Who is going to vote for a self-proclaimed homophobe?

1. Sadly, there are a lot of voters who are vocally bigoted and many who are not so vocal but still have prejudiced feelings. In the polling booth they are anonymous and can vote for a candidate that reflects their prejudices. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is re-elected in 2015.

2. The majority of uk residents,after reading the comments on this page,you really are your own worst enemies.

1. barriejohn 17 Feb 2013, 1:39pm

The older generation, maybe ( and I am a pensioner myself now), but even they are changing their outlook now. My mother (89 next month) doesn’t bat an eyelid at the humour of Mrs Brown’s Boys, whereas at one time “that sort of thing” would have been taboo. I have uncles and aunts who talk about gay people quite naturally nowadays, whereas years ago they would have been sniggering and laughing at them. We’ve come a long way since the days of Kenneth Williams and Frankie Howerd, who were forced to live a lie, and it was really heartening to see Dale Winton “flirting” with the DC Cowboys on TV at Christmas and everyone joining in the joke!

2. Vile superstitions justified by monstrous backward bitches like you – curl up and die you evolutionary mistake!

1. your the last one to talk about mistakes.

1. Learn how to spell too, jenia.

6. Jock S. Trap 17 Feb 2013, 11:46am

I think David Jones should resign.

If this comment was about race he would be forced to so I see now difference.

He made a bad call and he should apologise to all same sex parents and their children for such offensive, unwarranted comments followed by being man enough to step down from his position.

1. Jock S. Trap 17 Feb 2013, 11:47am

blimey.. sorry meant any difference.

7. Ashley DICKENSON 17 Feb 2013, 11:51am

Only eight years old? How do we know she wasn’t coerced to write this? How about hearing from teenagers brought up in a same-sex relationship?

1. Might i recommend looking up Zach Wahls, there could not be any clearer proof that same sex relationships can raise children with stability and love.

2. At last a reasonable comment,was she also told of heterosexual relationships?does she actually know any different,most kids will go along with something just to please,

1. Yeah Evolutionary Bitch especially superstitious brain washing by retarded people like you who probably insist the world is only 6 thousand years old and monsters like you were created from a man’s rib!!

2. Jock S. Trap 17 Feb 2013, 5:12pm

Actually I think you mean most kids will go along with something until a bigoted adult tells them different.

3. By “reasonable comment” you just mean someone who agrees with you, Jenia. A person’s ability to be a good parent has nothing to do with their sexuality. That’s a fact.

What would be more interesting for you is for you to ask yourself honestly why you’re seeking to denigrate a group of people who are just as capable as being good parents as you. Go on – think about it. And I bet that mere suggestion of mine launched you off on some defensive thinking there, didn’t it? Proof that in your heart you know you’re prejudice is wrong.

3. Jock S. Trap 17 Feb 2013, 1:52pm

Well MY son is 22, Ashley. A very well balanced individual who is doing extremely well. He is at University studding to become a Human Rights Lawyer. Mainly because he has seen his fair share of discrimination toward me (His father) and his step dad (My late partner) and thinks it is unfair and unjust.

I also add that he has a girlfriend of 3 years, well educated and a brain! He doesn’t accept discrimination and doesn’t think people like Mr Jones should be saying what he is insulting all LGBT parents AND insulting those children who have brought up.

My son has always been popular with friends and it isn’t the children who are bigoted with discrimination it is their parents… you know the adult in their care. My son and all his friends have always accepted my partner and I without nastiness. After all it is the adults that make the children and I don’t just mean physically.

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Feb 2013, 10:46am

Interesting that jenia, ignores mine and Demitra’s comment completely! LOL

Clearly not on liking facts.

4. Sure, I’ll give you mine. I’m nineteen and have been raised by two women since I was born. Through my entire life I have been loved, supported, and encouraged. They always made sure I was happy and healthy. The only issues that rise with having same-sex parents are the unfortunately dense-headed parents who believe it’s okay to let their children push around and bully kids that come from different backgrounds. It’s not my parents’ fault, it’s the fault of snotty, superior-than-thou people who can’t grasp basic civility and human respect.
      I have always been supportive of my parents and I will never cease to get out there and prove to everyone else just how great of parents- a lot better than a good portion of the straight parents I’ve seen- they are to me, my little sister and brother, and our pets.

8. Can’t we find a six year old to write a similar sort of letter? I doubt Mr. Jones is capable of following thought processes at the advanced eight-year-old level.

9. So your saying straights kids are illiterate?its statements like that which make me wish id rather be brought up by a single parent, numbskull.

1. barriejohn 17 Feb 2013, 1:42pm

Get a life!

1. Get an education.

1. Katie kool-eyes 17 Feb 2013, 3:26pm

Got one

1. use it

2. And your complete lack of punctuation above, your bandying about of ‘facts’ you’ve clearly made up and your complete inability to argue about the level of someone in about 2 of primary school shows very well just how little of one you’ve had.

2. Frankly with your spelling and grammar, you alone provide the evidence.

3. grammar jenia, also your name should start with a capital letter!

10. Robert in S. Kensington 17 Feb 2013, 12:59pm

He’s trying to back pedal the issue as most bigots do when caught out. I’ve read his original statement over and over. It’s very transparent what the implications are. Honesty isn’t a trait that bigots are familiar with given this past year of mendacious information, often spurious and hateful rhetoric to thwart any attempt to enact equal marriage mostly by so called ‘christian’ religionists such as Dr. Sharon James, Colin Hart, the RC hierarchy and their shills on the back benches of the Tory party and I’ve no doubt, in the Lords.

1. So anyone not agreeing is a bigot ,you need to check your own rhetoric first ,after reading the bollocks on these pages ,i am more convinced that you are all unfit for purpose,and to place a child anywhere near to you is madness.

1. Hey Jenia, the feeling is mutual.

11. I think it’s time he crawled back into his locker … and stayed there.

1. Or you to your closet.

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Feb 2013, 3:50pm

and you back to your cave… with the body strapped bed!

12. The little girl seems well brought up. Which, it would appear, can’t be said for Jones.

1. Or for the poster who calls herself “Jenia”, apparently.

13. barriejohn 17 Feb 2013, 1:27pm

This sort of thing really pisses me off. My sister died of breast cancer at the age of thirty three, and my brother-in-law was left to bring up four girls between the ages of eight years and eighteen months. He worked full time and did a brilliant job. Two are now single mothers and in full time work, and their children are thriving as well. It also pisses me off that Conservatives are so insistent that the nuclear family is essential for the good of society when so many of them pack their own children off to boarding school at the first opportunity!

1. Maybe they go private as there is no alternative after the fiasco labour created in education ,you whingers make me sick,you say nothing when these so called socialists cheat and rob us blind,but as soon as the tories do it your all up in arms.you forget the total bollocks labour made of everthing.

1. barriejohn 17 Feb 2013, 1:41pm

I’ve never voted Labour in my life!

2. Mr. Gove doesn’t seem to be doing a great job in response to this supposed “labour fiasco” though.

3. Hey Bitch – you need to read your comments on here and re-assess your vile hatred and see how your beliefs reflect your monstrous opinions – You are another great argument for mercy killings!!!

4. Whingers??? Says the presumably straight troll who’s gone to so much effort to post here and has spent the whole time whining about us and whinging that we dare to correct someone who’s ignored the facts – ie one’s sexuality has nothing to do with how good a parent you are.

1. you certainly see the true side of your bitter,twisted vitriol,bad language is a poor defence,usually resorted to when your grasping at straws,how sad you pathetic creatures really are.thank god that the tories have managed to see through the labour plot to undermine the decent people of this country with your vile practices.

1. As opposed to the open and honest hatred displayed by people like you for those who don’t live their lives in EXACTLY the way people like you SAY we should. Go back and review your book of fairytales, hag. Especially the parts about “Love is the whole of the law”, and “Judge not lest ye, yourselves be judged”. I doubt you can claim any monopoly and being “pure and good” in the light of your Jesus’s teachings.

2. Jenia, you don’t have an argument and you know it, I think. Your comments show you don’t have a single point to make about parenting. Yet you’re too silly to see that and have just made yourself look sillier and sillier. I can’t help feeling sorry for you.

By the way, it wasn’t a ‘Labour plot’. The equal marriage bill was introduced by the coalition government.

2. Ashley DICKENSON 19 Feb 2013, 8:47am

I trust your nieces put their children first before any career ambitions – not that I wish to be a busy-body ..

1. Jock S. Trap 19 Feb 2013, 9:18am

Oh blimey Jenia… same shit, different name!

1. Nah, Jenia’s never used a hyphen properly in her life!

14. Katie kool-eyes 17 Feb 2013, 1:53pm

That is the most awesome 8 year old who ever lived!!!! A credit to her parents, me thinks!

1. Hardly think so.most eight year olds can write a letter.no need to go over board makes you sound a bit thick.

1. feck off troll. go and sort your head out you bigoted idiot.

1. you really hate anyone who dares challenge YOUR bigoted dogma. you really are your own worst enemies.no wonder most of the uk populace are against you ,some spokesman you are ,pathetic.abuse is really your only defence. this site should have a word with you .l

1. Looks like your straight parents instilled great values in you..

..Oh I think that set off the irony alarm, cant think why!

2. What sensible points have YOU made here, Jenia? I can only see abuse from you. You’ve ignored the facts, haven’t responded to anyone’s points and persist in your warped thinking, ignoring all evidence. Indeed, ignoring evidence is one of the ways of identifying dogma, so YOU are the dogmatic one here.

2. Katie kool-eyes 17 Feb 2013, 3:29pm

Charmed, I’m sure. In case it escaped your notice, I was not talking about her ability to put pen to paper. I was referring to her understanding and happiness with regards to her parents, along with her willingness to challenge that smug git. Seeing as your fail to grasp that, you sound a bit thick.

3. …..And most eight year olds are able to use proper punctuation and capital letters, Jenia – unlike you. I think the comment above contains the first full stop you’ve actually used here. In all your other posts you appear to have used a comma splice – something eight year olds learn not to do at school. So don’t tell other commenters how ‘thick’ they are.

I find it bizarre how much you care about something that doesn’t affect you, and how eager you are to ignore facts in order to promote your prejudice.

15. Great letter, but I guess the question remains of whether he’s smart enough to read it. Unfortunately, the evidence he’s provided so far in this direction would suggest otherwise.

1. there is more bollocks written by you people than in a findus lasagne

1. Take your horsesh!t elsewhere jenia

2. I’ve seen some brainless trolls on this site since I started reading it. You are the most stupid, and least imaginative one I’ve come across.

1. anyone that wont agree with your vile practices is either a troll or a bigot.quite frankly id be happier as either so long as im not a bitter twisted cretin like you two objectionable specimens.

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Feb 2013, 3:54pm

Who’d agree or disagree, it’s you choice to constantly thing about what people do in bed, nobody elses.

Love of course isn’t different so I guess you’ve never loved or been loved…. hardly surprising it is!

2. What “vile practices”, Jenia? There are no sex acts that only LGBT people do. We all have the same ‘equipment’ after all, no matter what our sexuality. I think you spend too much time imagining what LGBT people do in bed…

Funny that, because most well-adjusted people don’t spend any time imagining what other people do in bed. But what has all that got to do with parenting anyway, which is what this thread’s about? I’m still waiting for you to make your point.

16. Dennis Velco 17 Feb 2013, 4:53pm

Thanks for this article and your reporting. What you do is appreciated.

I posted it to my LGBT Group on LinkedIn with over 18,000+ global members to spur members to read your article and to make comment. I also scooped it at Scoop.It on my LGBT Times news mashup.

Link to group >> http://www.linkedin.com/groups/LGBT-Gay-GLBT-Professional-Network-63687/about

All LGBT+ and community allies…. please come join me and 18,000+ of your soon to be great connections on LinkedIn. The member base represents 80% of the world’s countries.

It’s core value is – Visibility can lead to awareness which can lead to equality. Come stand with us and increase our visibility on the globe’s largest professional networking site. Be a professional who just happens to be LGBT – or a welcomed community ally.

17. Unfortunately, there are those out there who will insist that either the child was “forced” to write such a letter by her “evil lesbo moms”, or the women outright FAKED having a child and merely posted something they wrote themselves. Such are the ways of the bigoted and ignorant. *sigh*

1. Didn’t have to wait long! See next post. Right on cue! :-)

18. ‘8-year-old writes to the Welsh Secretary to say she has been brought up ‘perfectly well’ by lesbians’

Correction:

Indoctrinated and used as a political trophy by tribades, an 8-year-old is forced to write to the Welsh Secretary to say she has been brought up ‘perfectly well’ but would really like to know who her real mum and dad are ….

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Feb 2013, 9:19am

The fact you clearly think all children are stupid says more about you.

I was 8 when I started writing to Parliament with no help. I knew what the world was about even at that age, probably more so because my parents were involved in politics themselves. Nevertheless I was quite able to say what I thought and still have the responses.

Don’t you think it is insulting to label all children as stupid, clearly based on your own experience?

The fact that this 8 year old child has, clearly, more knowledge about how she feels that you have in your adult years says it all.

1. Jock S. Trap 19 Feb 2013, 9:16am

And you have all the qualities of a disused blow-up doll….. empty space where there should be brains with only one good thing… when there’s a leak of hot air are we actually know where to put the tape!

2. Ray,there is only me and you on this page who seem to understand that the majority of the decent people in the uk are sick and tired of homosexuals trying to condone their vile and disgusting practices,they dont like anyone objecting to lowering the age of consent so they can add paedphilia to their dirty foul lifestyle.keep up the good work,love jenia.

1. Yawn. Once again the bigots have 2 and 2 and come out with 1000. After all, 3 and 5 are just a little too close to reality.

Jenia, if you want people to share your views I suggest you leave a gay news site and go and find the daily mail or the BNP sponsored papers. They’d be more than happy to indulge your sick little fantasies.

2. You do know what homophobia says about you, don’t you Jenia?

Though in your case, I think the closet’s probably the best place for you – I don’t think we want you.

19. Jones and his unfounded views have been shown up by a young child with actual experience of growing up with same-sex parents. Good on you Elizabeth!