UK: Blackburn Rovers footballer accused of making anti-gay insults during Brighton game

1. Jock S. Trap 14 Feb 2013, 11:40am

Totally disgraceful and disgusting.

What more why aren’t we hearing this on the national news, national media?

How are racist comments a national issue yet homophobic comments aren’t? Why do the media divide hatred?

We recently have, rightly, heard about appalling racist comment in clubs with investigation so public and yet with homophobia it’s different.

Why?

What’s the difference?

They are both about hatred so why aren’t they treated the same. It’s simply unacceptable that football treats any hatred, any form of discrimination with such contempt.

Disgusting.

1. I maybe wrong but I think no one in the press cares. But hey we can get married so our priorities are all sorted

1. Jock S. Trap 14 Feb 2013, 1:34pm

Sarcasm eh?

Actually don’t you think it makes sense to have full equality in the eyes of the law, including marriage to effectively deal with discrimination?

So yes, marriage is a priority and an important issue.

Your statement kinda suggests we have fight discrimination with inequality. How does that make sense?

Discrimination is decreasing because we are becoming more and more equal and people see that and accept that. For too long now we, as a community are up for debate and that has to stop and the only true way to stop it is by being equal Not second class citizens.

1. My point is comfortable middle class assimilators want marriage while the rest of us have to deal with the dte reality of harrasement and discrimination at work and at home. Yuo do realise that people are still killing themselves?

1. I’m neither comfortable, nor middle class. I have been discriminated against at work, at school, at college, and in the street people have shouted abuse at me, spat at me, tutted at me etc. etc. etc. I still want to get married though.

You do realise that people are killing themselves because they don’t think they can ever have a happy future because they are gay, because society lets them believe that they are second class. You do realise that marriage equality goes some way, (not all the way), to addressing that?

2. The news in Britain is, in effect, what the BBC decides to make news. Homophobia is way down on their list of priorities.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 14 Feb 2013, 1:30pm

Correct! I didn’t hear anything from the BBC about the French vote on equal marriage onFebruary 12th either, did you?

2. Jock S. Trap 14 Feb 2013, 1:36pm

Indeed. Yet if this was a race issue his career would be on the line yet I very much doubt it will be because of his homophobia.

3. That might be because the BBC has a very large number of Muslims working for it and we all know what most of that community think about
      homosexuals/bisexuals.

3. Robert in S. Kensington 14 Feb 2013, 1:28pm

Now just watch and wait for the lame excuse of an apology coming from this idiot. Nothing voluntary of course, orchestrated by the team manager to save face.

4. A black man with bleached hair! It makes one wonder.

1. Makes one wonder what exactly? Enlighten me.

2. +3 for that comment? this site is full of trash

3. Mister Fister 14 Feb 2013, 7:33pm

‘A black man with bleached hair’ does not make me question his sexual orientation but simply question his taste.

5. This little yob with bleached brains should read briandeer.com/justin-fashanu.htm

This is the real effect of homophobia and the sports Press were just as much to blame as any pitch-side Nazi hurling abuse.

6. Amazing. But if anyone had dared make a racial slur against HIM …..