Uganda: ‘Kill the Gays’ bill back on table as Parliament reconvenes

1. And did you see that woman checking into Claridge’s at £5,000 a night for the Olympic Games last summer?

We must be sending them plenty of overseas aid cash!

1. Keith Francis Farrell 6 Feb 2013, 6:21pm

I am sure this is true, I expect they will want to send a team to the commonweath games, and I would hope that this country not allow any people from Uganda into the UK. I would hope that there is no embasey for Uganda in this country, if there are, it is time we broke all ties. Isolate the idiots

1. DivusAntinous 6 Feb 2013, 7:45pm

They ought to be expelled or at least suspended from the Commonwealth and their High Commission closed. There ought to be a petition, we all ought to write letters to HM The Queen and other high profile Commonwealth leaders. After all the Commonwealth prides itself on the promotion of human rights.

2. Anti SSM have been saying why are we wasting time with same sex marriage. Do they ever wonder what these people in this corruption riddled country are doing wasting time with legislation about killing gays? Of course not, some of them are egging them on. Religious colonialism

2. soapbubblequeen 6 Feb 2013, 5:54pm

F-ing bitch. How dare she wear that wig!

1. Oh lord. I’ve accidentally reported your post Soapbubble. It’s cos my big fat finger hit that instead of the thumbs up. I’m on iPad. I am sorry. :(

3. And this is the woman who received a ‘blessing’ from that Nazi in the Vatican.
    Murdering bitch. I wonder what else is on their agenda. Executing the mentally ill perhaps.

1. She was also welcomed in london last year. Ratzi the nazi getting down with this piece of filth is to expected.

2. Speaker Kadaga and some Ugandan politicians attended a general Papal audience.

Everyone (1000s of people) at such an audience receives a blessing from the Pope. It is a simple gesture of goodwill. it does not signify agreement with, or endorsement of, the views or actions of any person present.

There is no mechanism available for the Pope to exclude anyone from his blessing, nor for anyone present to reject it.

Indeed, as Speaker Kadaga and her supporters are Anglicans (protestants), there will be much the Pope (Catholic) disagrees with them about. The death penalty (for any reason) being one.

It would be far more productive (not to mention coherent) for you to direct your anger at the global figurehead of the Anglican communion, not the earthly leader of the Catholic Church.

The global figurehead of the Anglican communion is the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, of the Church of England.

3. I meant to say – as for “executing the mentally ill” – you will find it is purely secular campaigners who campaign for ‘euthanasia’ and the like, not religions.

1. Erm, did I say anything about it being religions executing the mentally ill? I was actually speaking about Kadaga and her ilk.
        Oh, and I think I was being quite coherent thank you very much. My comments were specifically about Kadaga and the Ugandan government. And quite frankly, I don’t care WHAT her religious beliefs are. To stand there and accept a blessing from ANY religious leader is IMO hypocritical in the extreme when you are about to pass a law which would lead to the execution of hundreds of innocent people.

4. davevauxhall 6 Feb 2013, 6:11pm

Oh no Jessie that is always happening to me the report is so close to the thumbs up my big fat fingers do the same thing on my ipad

5. Liam the God 6 Feb 2013, 6:46pm

Did anyone really think they’d leave it to lie? Bigots will be bigots. I always smile when they insist they despise their Colonial History, and then use BRITISH COLONIAL LAWS which haven’t been updated for about 100 years! “We are not slaves!”… except to the power of The Vatican, it seems…..

1. Dave North 6 Feb 2013, 8:08pm

And wear British judiciary head gear.

Hypocrites all.

1. de Villiers 7 Feb 2013, 7:43am

Actually, the British judges don’t all wear wigs any more. I was in the London commercial court recently and saw that the advocates wore wigs but that the judges did not. The advocate for the side which I was with told me that judges in civil trials no longer wore wigs.

2. “We are not slaves!”… except to the power of The Vatican,
      ———————

The politicians and activists who are pushing this law in Uganda are Anglicans – Church of Uganda – they are an offshoot of the Church of England.

Anglicans are nothing to do with the Vatican or the Pope, their leader is the Archbishop of Canterbury who is based in England. The Pope and co are Catholics, The Archbishop of Canterbury and co are Protestants.

The Catholic Church has been the only indigenous group within Uganda to condemn the death penalty proposals, calling them “fundamentally unchristian”.

The Catholic Church is fiercely opposed to capital punishment, for any reason, in every and all cases.

Talking about the Vatican in this debate will just make you look silly!

1. Liam the God 6 Feb 2013, 10:36pm

Yes, thank you for that: I am fully aware of the history of the Disestablishment of the Church of Rome and the Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII: I was referring to her accepting a blessing from the pope, so go and find someone else to patronise.

6. What a disgrace she is to humanity..to sit in judgement and condemn to death someone having a same sex relationship I hope her conscience doesn’t bother her at bedtime!!

7. The UK and US should cut off their aid if they pass this bill. There’s no reason to underwrite a government that behaves that way. I would not want my tax dollars being sent there. If they were jailing Christians their aid would be cut off. It’s only because they’re contemplating jailing LGBT people that the most they are drawing is some public criticism.

1. The aid should be cut immediately.

This country does not deserve a single penny,

8. Christopher Hobe Morrison 6 Feb 2013, 6:53pm

We will all be hearing lectures about deeply held sincere beliefs, etc., but I say kill the bigots if anybody.

9. Oh Christ, she’s back!

10. She was welcomed and shown wonderful hospitality in london last year at some conference , about ironically human rights i think. So obviously she is being encouraged with her primitive savagery in the UK.

11. It was the Asians in the 70s , now it seems it’s the turn of homosexuals = the people of uganda seem to need some one to hate and persecute every couple of decades .

1. Robert (Kettering) 6 Feb 2013, 7:50pm

Could it have anything to do with the fact Uganda was actually originally a German Colony certainly during WW1? With that history and her obvious love of PapaNazi anything’s possible.

1. Well, umm, no. It has to do with colonial-era anti-sodomy laws. There were no prohibitions against homosexuality in what are now ex-colonial European colonies prior to them being colonised. Britain persecuted “crimes against nature” with gusto back in the dark days of colonialism. These laws are left over from then. It is homophobia, therefore, that is “unAfrican” rather than homosexuality.

2. Uganda was never a german colony or protectorate. It formed part of British East Africa along with Kenya until around 1920. When Kenya became a colony in its own right, and Uganda remained a protectorate.

12. This time a Bill about homosexuality that obedient Roman Catholics are permitted to vote for? Memo to Jacob Rees Mogg and Sarah Teather etc etc…

13. I am opposed to a single penny of British taxpayers’ money being sent in aid to Uganda.

I also believe that charity events such as Children in Need and Comic Relief need to explicitly exclude Uganda from the list of places that receive aid.

Uganda is a failed nation and deserves to collapse. And it is all their own fault,

14. Speaker Rebecca Kadaga – The Face of Pure Evil

15. Cardinal Capone 6 Feb 2013, 11:03pm

Uganda has a lot of social problems, one really major one is violent and sexual abuse of children by their PARENTS, particularly by fathers against daughters. Homosexuals aren’t a problem there, just a convenient distraction and scapegoat.

16. I have a question: I know that many knowledgable men and women read Pink News, so there must be some with an exceptional amount of knowledge about the African continent. Does most of Africa have a history of hatred against homosexuals, or did this come about with the invasion of European state religions, carried by “missionaries” intent on conversion?
    I find it unfathomable that an entire continent can find homosexuality unacceptable.

17. Ugandan GLTBI people should be offered political asylum by western countries.

18. GingerlyColors 7 Feb 2013, 6:42am

It seems that Uganda has a single minded obsession with bringing in that disgusting law. Uganda should be treated like other pariah states such as Iran.

19. JUST LOOK AT THIS FACE FILLED WITH HATRED….UGANDA FANTASTIC PLACE TO TAKE THE WHOLE FAMILY FOR A HOLIDAY…JUST NOT IF YOUR WHITE OR GAY.

20. Washington 7 Feb 2013, 11:20am

She has ambitions to be President of Uganda and she is willing to use the corpses of Gay men and Women to get her to that Office, she is a disgrace to the Office she presently holds and should be disbarred from holding any other in her lifetime. End all foreign aid to Uganda now!

21. Frank Boulton 7 Feb 2013, 3:17pm

They say it’s to do with rejecting elements of European society, which have been introduced into Uganda. Isn’t it a pity that they don’t reject Christianity. which was introduced from Europe?

22. washington 7 Feb 2013, 3:47pm

Still not out the closet yet eh Aiden ? Keep up love do, everyone here knows you love the cock.

23. > “Contrary to some reports that it had been removed, the death penalty clause is still in the draft of the bill accessible to the public.”

Pink News is usually very good at providing links – would be great to see a link either to the legislation or a reputable report for this. (I’ve been very wary of reports that the death penalty has been removed and good evidence that it hasn’t will help the case against it….)

1. Cardinal Capone 8 Feb 2013, 4:34pm

Links and analyses are provided on the box turtle bulletin site, sorry cant link on my tablet.

24. Don’t feed the trolls.