Iain Dale: Some of the MPs who oppose same-sex marriage are secretly gay

1. Garry Cassell 3 Feb 2013, 4:23pm

Just goes to show the scum bags some politicans become…just to keep a paycheck coming in and do nothing other than toe the party line…they screw their own father..

2. name and out them.. only fair we KNOW these scared liars and bigots!!

1. And out Cameron’s gay friends/family who are the reason he is so keen on gay marriage? Why are we tolerating their lies?

1. Because it is a wonderfully natural part of life. If you could see past your own sad neurotic constructs, which were probably decided for you by some one else, it becomes easier to understand, Sweety. Don’t just be a pathetic and passive follower of others; do some work, weight the evidence and decide for your self. Come on, now. Get on with. Go… go… go…. Do something good in the world, rather than wasting your pathetic life trolling gay websites and trying to harm people. Choose and be the loving self you want to be in the world. Let your hate and anger go.

3. Robert (Kettering) 3 Feb 2013, 4:48pm

Not at all surprised, the same with the church as well. The C of E is stuffed with closetted queens and always has been. Perhaps it’s time their closet doors were flung wide open so people can see the hypocrites for what they are – self loathing bigots!

Interesting too that the BBC news channel has been headlining the Tory Party Chairman’s attempt to delay the vote. As usual the Bigots Broadcasting Corporation has been giving the homophobes ots of air time with little to no opposing views, except for a half hearted attempt by William Hague. Time the BBC were taken to task for their sheer lack of blance in reporting SSM.

1. If you pay a license fee, stop. There is no other way to protest since they fob off anyone who complains.

1. Any one want to organize a stop paying protest.

2. Jan Bridget 3 Feb 2013, 7:26pm

I have put in an official complaint: I rang up to complain first at the radio4 today programme piece on Friday morning, then they put the same piece on their Facebook; then blow me down if they didn’t do a similarly homophobic piece on Saturday morning. I agree, the BBC should be brought to task over their biased reporting.

1. I wrote an official complaint as well in regards to their editorial bias. That was about a week ago…. do you think I’ve had a reply?

Not so much as a holding email.
        Shows how much the BBC really cares about its ‘oh-so-loveable’ Licence payers.

I wonder if there is enough of a story in it to give the liberal press a scandal issue? (If you include some of their other bias broadcasting I’m sure it’d start to stick…. especially the stuff to do with Israel/Palestine)

2. I did the same and to no avail. The bias here really does stretch the meaning if the word. Justin Webb’s piece on Friday was completely sickening.

3. Craig Denney 3 Feb 2013, 8:26pm

I campaigned to get rid of limp wristed stereo typical queens off of the BBC.

What we need is a boycott by gay celebs and commentators from going on the BBC until they get their act together.

4. To be fair, it feels a bit to me like the BBC has been giving SSM opponents sufficient rope to hang themselves….On the R4 news at lunchtime yesterday they had two Tories – one from each camp – being interviewed, giving a balanced picture, then they had a political commentator pointing out that for most members of the public, SSM is relatively unimportant as a factor influencing how they might vote in the next election (12th out of 15 issues), and all this publicity is doing is damaging the Cameron’s attempts to ‘modernise’ the Tory party and make it more electable. It repeated recent poll results showing most people are in favour of SSM, and a number of Tory contributors were rather desperately trying to argue that the internal discussion is ‘entirely amicable’, when it clearly isn’t…….Of course, the SSM opponents are quite right to say that this issue will cost them votes, but mainly the votes of those who might have started to think they were starting to become a decent party..

5. Christopher Hobe Morrison 6 Feb 2013, 7:06pm

I have been shocked at the reactionary attitude on many of the Radio 4 news programmes. It’s like somebody passed the word on.

4. I am against outing people. But I would make an exception in this case.

5. I don’t believe in outing someone against their will. However I do believe in calling out hypocrisy – in which case the outing is merely an entirely acceptable consequence. It’s really no different than calling out a politician who is engaging in business activities that result in a conflict of interest with his or her political position. Bottom line: don’t expect us to protect your arse while you are throwing us under the bus…

6. I think people should actively try to entrap these scum bags. Take a photograph of them with their trousers down and put it on a bloody billboard.

I am vehemently opposed to outing in all other circumstances though.

7. gulliveruk 3 Feb 2013, 6:11pm

Out them. No mercy. They’ve damaged the lives of millions of people over decades without giving a sh1t about anyone else.

Give me the names – I’ll do it.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 3 Feb 2013, 9:36pm

Me too, gullivervuk, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it either. How do we contact Ian Dale I wonder? Maybe we should all bombard Fleet Street with the ‘rumor’, see where it goes?

2. Do you mean you ‘ll sedduce tthem so they can be caught in flagrante ? !

1. Robert in S. Kensington 4 Feb 2013, 3:28pm

If needs be, then ideally yes!

8. What loathsome scum they must be. How do they look in the mirror in the morning?

9. A little O/T. But I notice that Sky News today has interviewed people in favour of SSM, unlike the BBC or the London branch of the vatican which yesterday interviewed only those strongly opposed.
    How shaming for the BBC to be shown as being blatantly biased by comparison with part of Rupert Murdoch’s empire.

1. Common Sense 3 Feb 2013, 9:21pm

It has been this way ever since Nick Robinson became the Political editor. His sympathies have always been with certain members of the Tory right and on this issue his bias shows very clearly. Note, it is him who decides on all content across BBC media relating to parliament and political issues such as this.

Better to attack him rather than the Beeb itself IMHO.

1. Perhaps he could go to Fox News then and people can decide whether to pay his wages or not rather than the hapless payers of the licence fee. What a gross betrayal of trust someone at the BEEB is perpetrating and it’s becoming increasingly noticed.

10. OUTING is a weapon we should use! Given the amount of underhand tactics of the Church, all the bigots in their footsteps and some of our elected representatives, outing closeted MPs is perfectly legitimate. Bring it on!
    We’re at war, in case some of you were naive enough to think otherwise!

1. de Villiers 3 Feb 2013, 8:32pm

I do not think that we are at “war”.

1. The catholic hierarchy seems to think so. Mind you, you’d be hard pressed to out anyone straight there.

11. Are we meant to be surprised??

12. About time someone turned up the heat.

1. That should include religious hypocrites in opposition. They have no qualms about perpetuating inequality while at the same time indulging in what they publicly condemn.

13. Very clever. Clearly Mr Dale has invited “Fleet Street” to name & shame. May have been more honourable if he had just named the culprits himself. Seems a little cowardly to get others to do his dirty work.

1. Iain Dale 3 Feb 2013, 9:18pm

I have done no such thing.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 3 Feb 2013, 9:41pm

Iain, I think what John means is that by making the comment about two MPs you know of, you’ve opened up the door for anyone in Fleet Street so interested to investigate, not that you have invited them personally. I think you should out them since they are MPs of the worst kind, hypocrites and bigots. It’s well warranted in this case.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 3 Feb 2013, 9:26pm

John, do you know that for sure? If that’s the case, I hope they expose the hypocrites, let the chips fall where they may, especially if they’re already married. Too damned bad I say. The price you pay for hypocrisy as an MP.

14. Klaus Tomanke 3 Feb 2013, 7:12pm

This is a perfect argument for outing these hypocrites!

15. Show me a homophobe, I’ll show you a closet case.

1. Spot on!

2. I think this old chestnut needs challenging. It is true in some cases, but I think some people just validate themselves through the knowledge that their character is in tune with common prejudices and that they can put down anyone outside that framework.

3. Not only a closet case, but sometimes even a self-hating case.

16. Pass us the names, Iain: we’ll do the rest.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 3 Feb 2013, 9:43pm

I second that. I’ve never ever done anything like that before and usually wouldn’t, but this case richly deserves it.

17. Pavlos Prince of Greece 3 Feb 2013, 7:37pm

Not very big surprise. I am right, Liam ?..

18. MPs hypocrites ? Surely not

19. Jamie Caffiera 3 Feb 2013, 8:07pm

That’s no secret. I know about them too!

1. name them please

20. The Barney Frank rule of political outing, from the western side of the Pond:

“I think there’s a right to privacy. But the right to privacy should not be a right to hypocrisy. People who want to demonize other people shouldn’t then be able to go home and close the door, and do it themselves.”

And anyone who is talking about the sacred bond of one man and one woman while schtupping someone else on the side – of any gender – deserves (for once) the self-righteous rage of pre-Leveson Fleet St.

21. I want to get Married to my LT BF, the church of England said no so im going to blow the doors off it! and have my wedding pic’s done in the remains. Progressive MY A**.

22. Out the (unts.

1. Forgot I can spell it properly now.
      Out the cunts.

23. Robert in S. Kensington 3 Feb 2013, 9:24pm

Iain Dale should out them unless he has no proof. Expose the bigots and hypocrites and bigots for what they are, shame them publicly. Are we to assume they are Tories? I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes knowing what might be coming their way after tuesday’s vote. Serves them right. I wouldn’t normally support outing but in this case it’s sorely warranted.

1. I do support outing. Not for actors, pop star or businessmen. But for anyone in public office, particularly politicians and clergy.

2. Christopher Hobe Morrison 6 Feb 2013, 7:11pm

This is true. If you outed someone and what you said turned out to not be true, the result would not be nice.

On the other hand I remember when someone named Mandelson was outed by someone named Paris, who said in his defense that he wasn’t really outing him because he thought everyone knew. But many didn’t want to know.

24. In this instance outing hypocrisy is surely in the public interest.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 3 Feb 2013, 9:44pm

Absolutely right!

25. I’m not at all surprised. The most raging bigots (like WBC) are so far in the closet they’re in Narnia. They’re all cringing cowards. It makes my blood boil to think what misery they’ve caused when they are all shivering behind the closet doors.

26. Your all ready to out them, what if they vote in favour? This pressure might just be enough all ready. If they are married, its not only them that gets hurt. Give them the chance to do the right thing. If they don’t, name and shame them, they deserve it.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 4 Feb 2013, 3:27pm

If they are paying close attention to what Iain Dale said, they should come out now and declare support by and avoid being outed. If they don’t, serves them right. I have no sympathy for them. They’ve been given every chance to support it in the past year since the consultation ended. Why haven’t they? Now is the time. Vote yes or suffer the consequences.

27. Edmund Rodgers 3 Feb 2013, 11:06pm

I’d have no hesitation in outing the scumbags, and the RC priests who signed the petition.

28. Tom Webster 3 Feb 2013, 11:18pm

I am disinclined to out people in general and dislike the all too frequent line ‘explaining’ homophobes as secretly gay, but when it has practical consequences and hypocrisy it feels only just, with the condition that it is backed up with clear evidence. Homophobes use the tactics of suspicion, rumour and ‘where will it end’ and we should be better than that.

29. theotherone 3 Feb 2013, 11:30pm

out them! they don’t deserve anything else.

30. Good job he didn’t name names, or he would have a libel case on his hands

31. Cant name them, that would be libellous.

32. My money is on Chris Grayling.

Anyhoo, I’m totally okay with a mass outing. If you just happen to prefer it in Narnia, I can’t exactly blame you if you have to share a workplace with anybody like the aforementioned c-u-n-tbag, but if you gay-bash, you’ve brought it on yourself.

Btw, do you not think these MPs’ behaviour is the Tory “all in this together ” mentality writ large? Marital supremacy for the chavs and plebs, clandestine bumsex in your wife’s bed for us.

33. This is another reminder – not that we needed one – that the closet is toxic. The fear of being outed is so much worse than being honest and open, particularly for public figures. Have politicians’ careers been adversely affected after having come out?

I can think only of positive examples, including Kathleen Wynne, the out married lesbian premier-designate of Ontario, Canada’s largest province.

34. Andy Cordero 4 Feb 2013, 6:42am

Sounds like the Republicans here in the U.S.!! The ones who protest the loudest against anything pro-LGBT are often trying to outshout the Queens clamoring to get out of their closets!! Here’s a link to a movie which was designed to expose hypocrisy in our government. Wasn’t a hit in D.C. :)

1. Excellent film! Thanks, Andy. It’s time we Brits did something similar.

35. I hope that the two MPs do vote for same-sex marriage. But if they don’t, I don’t believe they are hypocrites.
    There are some out gay people eg Andrew Pierce who take a similar view. I disagree with them, but in a democracy you get different opinions. They would be hypocritical if they wanted gay sex to be illegal whilst they were also having gay relationships. We. an win the arguement by calm and reasonable debate, not by threatening anyone who disagrees with us.

1. I see your point but the problem is that they are effectively persecuting or disadvantaging people for the crime of honesty and openness.

36. I take it we’ll soon be seeing some more additions to this site then?
    I agree with all those who said that people in positions of power who are caught renting hotelrooms with rentboys whilst silmultaneously campaigning to shove gay civil rights back in the closet deserve to be outed.

37. OUT THEM ..if they vote against this then its fair game ..OUT THEM

38. Paul Clevett 4 Feb 2013, 12:40pm

Out them.

39. thewildkoala 4 Feb 2013, 1:14pm

I’m usually against outing but if there are MP’s who are hiding behind heterosexual privilege and voting against equality for us then do it Iain.

40. Self loathing Gay MPs are as bad as Pedo Priests, how dare they inflict their pathetic double standards on their constituents – for shame! Sack em -

41. Out them then. They’re adults and they can deal with the consequences. Let them know how we’re treated when we’re not pretending to be something were not to appease the bigoted majority.

42. These people have been viscous, they’ve treated us with ‘slight regard’ as Shakespear wrote.
    I believe strongly in natural justice and perhaps the time has come.

43. I can’t endure the suspense any longer – who are these secretly gay Tory MPs against same-sex marriage? Someone PLEASE reveal all!!