Shayne Ward strips off for Attitude magazine’s annual naked issue

1. Brett Gibson 1 Feb 2013, 7:18pm

Damn son, you got a brother all weak inside!

1. Perving over men is nothing to be proud of

2. ScottishGayGuy 1 Feb 2013, 7:35pm

Woof

3. Mister Fister 1 Feb 2013, 8:20pm

I occasionally buy a copy of Attitude and GT. After reading them both I conclude, to quote Morrissey, they say ‘nothing to me about my life’.

Pink News, although far from perfect, is worth far more than these vacuous publications which seem to exist mainly to sell products to its readers.

1. I agree, like many other publications gay or straight they seem to cater for a population that is both wealthy and vain. Pink news could provide the perfect alternative if it didn’t plug a celebrity agenda. Oh and change the name from pink news to something less feminie, I bloody hate pink.

1. God forbid a news site have an entertainment section! Any other sections you want culled?

Besides, when it comes to LGBT issues, celebrity news IS “real” news. Having non-LGBT celebrities engage with our issues and community is great PR for us. People see their fave celebs engaging with us, then they start to let go of their own insecurities.

And I happen to like “Pink”. We’ve got a big problem with effeminophobia in the gay community – anyone who hates only camp gay men is as much a hateful bigot as someone who hates gay people as a whole – and this emphasis on pink puts those creeps off. You might not like the colour, but at least it lets those sorts know we won’t tolerate them here, right?

1. Well said Pumkin

2. I think John is saying the use of the word Pink perpetuates the stereotype of all gay men being limp-wristed, mincing queens.
          We gay men are as diverse a group of people as anywhere else in the population. Some are footballers, rugby players, just ordinary guys on the street.
          Just because we don’t act like extras in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, it does not follow we are “effeminophobic” (which isn’t even a word, being cobbled from a Latin stem and Greek suffix).

4. WTF is all that stuff on his body? Biohazard symbols? Do women find that attractive? And he ought to shave his face instead of his head. What a tit.

1. why would he care if women like his tats or not? he’s into the fellas.

1. Eh, I’d never heard of him. I assumed he was hetero and was just being charitable with his physique.
        I still say he’s a tit, though.

2. Why is he engaged to Fay McKeever then?

5. My god what happened to him, he was just a child.

6. Suddenly Last Summer 1 Feb 2013, 9:28pm

I would split him in two and still come back for messy seconds.

7. I don’t get it. If their message is to gay and bisexual men, why do thay have naked straight man on the cover?

1. So Gay men don’t like naked str8 men???

8. What’s the point of straight man stripping off here?

1. ...Paddyswurds 2 Feb 2013, 12:11pm

Gay men strip off for women… …. and your point was?

1. Spanner1960 3 Feb 2013, 12:00am

Actually, they rarely do. Women spot most gay models and aren’t interested because they are unobtainable.

1. Brett Gibson 3 Feb 2013, 5:23pm

What?! That’s a load of bollocks, a hot guy is a hot guy – I don’t like famous straight celebrities any less because they’re straight. This is a very false and frankly homophobic attitude that somehow women are repulsed by gay men because they’re gay. Why do you think women love gay men so much, because they like male attention – I dirty dance, grind, kiss and hug them all the time. If straight men acted with gay men how women do to gay men I’d fucking love it, all that attention, hmmm – fuck yeah!

It’s time we stop these self-hating stereotypes and look at the facts!

9. I’ll buy this edition if there are pix of some naked mens over the age of 35……..

1. There are.

10. Spanner1960 2 Feb 2013, 2:05pm

Yawn. More smut.

1. WE WAN’T SMUT! WE WAN’T SMUT! ;-)

On a serious note it’s for a good cause.

1. Spanner1960 3 Feb 2013, 12:00am

Go buy a wank mag then.

1. As Mike said, it’s for a good cause, as is the GT naked issue. And the Shugboro’ Rugby Calendars.
          And a (married) female friend has done a “tasteful” Calendar Girls shoot for charity.
          Hardly cheap smut, and if it raises money for charity and harms no-one, I’m all for it.

2. ‘Obscene or lascivious’ – extraordinary that in this day and age semi-nudity is still considered that. Do you get hot and bothered (and not in a positive way) over Olympic divers in Speedos too?

3. Were you ever a happy go lucky individual Spanner, or have you always been such a totally miserable excuse of an individual? I am sure as you approach your later yrs you are fast becoming a Victor Meldrew type, only without any of the comical appeal! Sad

11. Whilst seeing bum is always nice, I agree with earlier sentiments. While over the last few years we’ve had CPs, adoption, Section 28 and now gay marriage – not to mention the many hundreds of discrimination and equality issues and challenges – I think it’s a shame there’s seemingly no print representation out there that isn’t all about a pop star showing his bum and saying things like “I don’t mind gay people fancying me” – gee, thanks.

I understand there’s a market for that (with me in its demographic) but the fact that in the printed form there is ONLY that, does irritate somewhat

1. Attitude isn’t like that. It just had Ian McKellen, Peter Tatchell, the guy from Great British Bake off, Ricky Martin, Gareth Thomas and lots more on the cover.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 3 Feb 2013, 4:46pm

The guy from Great British Bake Off and Gareth Thomas are certainly hand shandy material, the same can’t be said for Tatchell or ‘Serena’.