US Radio Host: ‘The Boy Scouts should shut down, rather than allow gay members’

1. Religion-boggled nitwit. Or religion-enabled grift. Little of both perhaps?

1. I didn’t care for Christopher Hitchens’ politics, but I think he was right about religion poisoning everything.

1. and, like the author of this article, refusing to capitalise the almighty :-)

2. AFA is perhaps the single most vile hate group in Amerikkka. filled with racists evangelical xtian extremists.

They should be sent to the russian goulag where the kgb would keep them busy.

2. Nixi Otemba 31 Jan 2013, 6:06pm

when in a cave, you cannot cave

3. Cottager69 31 Jan 2013, 6:06pm

I’m sure I’ve seen him in an airport cottage!

4. That There Other David 31 Jan 2013, 6:11pm

“If we don’t turn around, when they begin to mandate how we can and cannot worship the lord jesus christ, I would have to say incarcerate me or kill me, but we will not cave – we will close down before we cave.”

Martyrdom complex. Yawn.

5. “If we don’t turn around, when they begin to mandate how we can and cannot worship the lord jesus christ, I would have to say incarcerate me or kill me, …”

So, now it’s a strictly Christian organization? Not only must members believe in a god, they must believe in THEIR god and THEIR saviour. Where’s the sign that says “no dogs, no jews, no homosexuals (in that order)?

1. I don’t know about the jewish people but dogs and homos would have way better things to do than believe in there hate filled god who lets be clear has and never will save any one from any thing , these are just very sad people who have no place in any public issue out side how to get one self in to a mental hospital .

6. Ah yes, the “End Days” that his ilk have taken to wittering on about.

At the risk of sounding uncharitable, I do rather hope his own End Days come along sooner rather than later. He sounds a catastrophic bore.

7. I agree, rather shut down than to teach our children how to hate others and judge those on their sexuality. Shame on the organization that is proud of their bigotry.

8. Robert in S. Kensington 31 Jan 2013, 6:23pm

Why is it America has an unendless supply of these right wing religious nutters? It’s astonishing. I know we have a few of our own but not on the scale that we’re seeing across the pond. Must be something in the air or the water perhaps.

1. That There Other David 31 Jan 2013, 6:33pm

It’s the space that does it I think. Too many small homogeneous towns out in the middle of nowhere breeding too many people who fear anything other than what they’ve grown up with.

1. You hit the nail on the head. I moved from a very small isolated town to San Francisco; the difference is extraordinary and I would never go back. The town I grew up in was full of small-minded people who fed one another’s hatred in a closed system. :\

2. Too much money and not enough to think about.

3. its l;eft over from slavery. they are still pissed at not being able to have slaves / segregationa and these kind of nutters are still fighting the civil war, but now have added gays to their hate filled agenda.

4. Because there is money in it. Its all a hate factory, using advantageous “charity” tax law to garner donations from dumb bigots, and then pay themselves big salaries. They will do anything to stop a change in the federal law, and prevent a social move towards tolerance, because it would put them out of pocket.

9. casparthegood 31 Jan 2013, 6:40pm

BSA a great and honourable organisation ? My tartan backside! They are are as bad (or good) at covering abuse and keeping it inhouse as that other cesspit , the catholic church

10. It’s an amusing notion that wanting to get married means an “anti-establishment mentality”.
    All the terrible things that are happening in the world, ethic cleansing, tsunami, disease, starvation… but “End Days” are when the Gays get married. It is actually funny.

11. Keith Francis Farrell 31 Jan 2013, 7:31pm

No wonder they are listed as a hate group. what a lot of bull-shit he is trying to spread. As for the bible. does he know how much of it is stolemn from pagan religions. It is a ghroup of stories that groups like this take one or two sections and use it against us, while the rest of the verse is not applicable

1. Dave North 1 Feb 2013, 12:15pm

Look up Mirthra.

Most of their “christian” claptrap was stolen from that.

12. “because parts of scripture are hate speech.”

I remember reading lots of murder, genocide and mayhem stories in the bible. It was god usually demanding it. As a child I found them quite disturbing and it also felt wrong. Maybe the brainwashing didn’t work on me.

13. Its so funny the way these guys blame us for doing all the things that they want to do to us = like throwing us in jail or closing down our groups and telling us our we need to think , if these fools had any idea they would see there day is up and move to some cult property in Waco and do a mass suicide thus freeing the world from all there hate.

14. “Alex McFarland says that the “homosexual lobby” tries to “control how we think”.

Just put your tinfoil hat on Alex and you’ll be OK.

Jeez…..

15. With all the negativity this issue is generating, let’s not forget where it started. Ryan Andresen seems to be a remarkable young man. A credit to the Gay community. 170 Eagle Scouts have pledged their badges to him. His stand has galvanised people against hatred. He’s a total sweetie.
    Watch him on Ellen
    and on CNN
    Sign the petition. It’s heading toward half a million.

16. Can any ar**wipe open a radio station in the States. There seems to be no control at all.

17. I thought I’d heard most of the insults that have been hurled our way over the years…..but mind controlling gays persecuting the poor straights. Life must be so hard having what you think controlled…..imagine that! Oh those nasty gays.
    What a pathetic prat!!

18. Fine. Shut them down! No loss. We can then start the Gay boy/Girl Scouts and donut better!

1. That was exactly what I though!

1. darn- I meant to type “thought”

19. There is nothing more homophobic than a closet homosexual and the AFA is jam-packed full of closet queens.

1. Absolutely correct! “Show me a homophobe – I’ll show you a cloest gay”. These nobs use the bible as a tool to disguise their inner-fears about their own sexuality. “God hates fags”. No dear, YOU hate fags .. becaue you hate yourself through fear you might be one and can’t handle it. Why don’t more people understand the mechanism which DRIVES homophobia?

20. I wish Pink News would stop reporting on the irrelevant ratings of sensationalist right wing ‘shock jocks’ whose sole purpose is to say controversial and hateful things. I know what they say is shocking, but they want to shock.
    Starve them of publicity instead of giving them a platform in the UK

21. I watched the ellen vid. Here is a guy who looks every bit like a super masculine guy, yet he’s gay and I, a str8 with lots of gay friends could tell from his voice he’s gay.

That aside I hope the scouts will change their policy. I’m proud that my former employer, Intel, has cut off the funding of close to a million to the scouts until they get rid of their evil policy.

Best of Luck to him.

22. They have been predicting the End Times since St Paul. There never seems to be any end to them, sadly.

1. “The kingdom of heaven is at hand”, they said. And here we are, nearly 2000 years later, still waiting, waiting, waiting …

(I use ‘we’ in the loosest possible sense, you understand.)

23. I TOTALLY agree. Any organisation which discriminates on the grounds of someone’s sexuality has no right to exist. If the BSA shuts, another more inclusive organisation will take it’s place whithout the incidious influence of organised religion. This can only be a good thing. Oh! And while you’re at it, close down homophobic radio stations too.

24. onesecond 1 Feb 2013, 3:15pm

It is so funny how he admits that parts of the scripture are actually hate speech. lol And yes the society tells you in what limits you can be religious. That is one of the very good things enlightenment has brought to us. No slaves, no stoning no inqisition, no witch hunt, etc.

25. Out Scouts 1 Feb 2013, 3:20pm

Former Eagle Scout launches http://OutScouts.com – social network to support gay Boy Scouts and leaders.

26. “Mummy, why did God make me gay? Was it to test me?”
    “No, dear, of course not, there’s nothing wrong with being gay. In fact, it’s kinda special. It was to test the others.”