Tennessee: ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill revived, now requires students to be outed to parents

1. That There Other David 31 Jan 2013, 12:27pm

I know my partner and I sometimes go at it a bit hard, but I don’t think we’ve ever considered it a Health and Safety risk. Do you think we should inform the Council whenever we’re in the mood, just in case?

2. Those who believe that sexuality is mutable enough to be swayed by exposure to materials referencing sexuality feel that way for one way only.

That another youth hanged themselves this week over homophobic hatred – endorsed and encouraged by the savage lunacy of the christian right – doesn’t even register in his thick skull.

STOP killing your kids, you sick-minded filth. You are the problem, not the sexual orientation of others unconnected to you.

3. Darren Theoret 31 Jan 2013, 12:37pm

Look what just fell out of the idiot tree!

1. It adds whole new meaning to can’t see the wood for the tree’s!

“This week, Mr Campfield has also introduced a bill that would make families on welfare receive fewer benefits if their children have a poor academic record”.

Only an idiot would seek to penalize scholastic ability by limiting social class by perpetuating ignorance and poverty!

4. I thought there would be some very well designed confidentiality clauses attached to teachers and school health professionals. This is only going to have a negative effect on students and social attitudes in general. Children need to be taught that it’s OK to be who you are, not taught that social nonconforming is wrong.

5. His expression in that photo just screams “I enjoy the thought of making gay kids’ lives hell.”

As for a health and safety risk, you’d think he’d be on an anti-BDSM campaign, but I suppose the reason he’s not is because THAT WOULD BE STUPID.

I’m pretty sure that the whole telling-the-parents bit wouldn’t stand a chance with the judiciary even if this somehow gets through. I mean ideally, *none* of it should stand a chance with the judiciary, but that bit in particular seems hopeless.

6. OK, so this Senator Stacey Campfield has a personal mental health issue. But I wonder what it is?

Does he believe that if he acts against LGBTs he’ll be rewarded by spirits in some kind of after-life?

Does he recognise, consciously or subconsciously, that he has homosexual longings, and so must beat up LGBTs at every opportunity in order to suppress his own leanings?

What exactly is Senator Stacey Campfield’s mental health problem?

7. Another possibility is that he’s just trying to impress some homophobe who is his superior – someone at work, maybe, or even just his Dad, or his Mom.

Still, persecuting people for their natural sexuality in order to impress another person remains a mental health issue.

8. This is pure Orwellian evil

9. He does seem peculiarly obsessed with this bill, so much so that I’m tempted to make a cheap joke about the issue appearing to be less about bringing and more about getting it up (perhaps inconveniently) … but I won’t.

10. Robert in S. Kensington 31 Jan 2013, 1:48pm

Sounds like the bigots at Christian Concern and Christian Institute doesn’t it? The sort of thing the Daily Mail and Telegraph thrive on.

11. Miguel Sanchez 31 Jan 2013, 2:56pm

His previous track record on LGBT issues includes comparing homosexuality to bestiality, and claiming that it is “virtually impossible” to contract HIV through heterosexual sex.

I guess all those heteros in Africa were virtual people who got aids from str8 sex.

Man this guy is an IDIOT.

12. Most of these Republicans are homophobes and they are condone to spew their views, to get money and press time; by such talents as Fox News Channel and the religious right here in the U.S.

13. Davisonbob 31 Jan 2013, 4:15pm

America the land of dumb and dumber….yep…this will fix the problem…big time..WTF is the matter with people??

14. john lyttle 31 Jan 2013, 5:36pm

Clearly the owner of the ‘gay’ dog that was handed over to be put down

15. Richard the Big Bunny 31 Jan 2013, 7:38pm

The man is a major ‘mo and will be outed himself in a Tennessee “terrrlitt” some time soon, no doubt!

16. Gay Activist Paul Mitchell 1 Feb 2013, 2:11am

Tennessee is the new Russia!

Wow that are getting legislation advice from Russia – now that is scary!

This is just another “gay propaganda” bill that is modelled by the Russians!

It is also the old Section 28 the UK had over 10 years ago (now repealed in the UK)!

Way too much time on there hands lawmakers have in the state of Tennessee mind you!

17. NotStacey 1 Feb 2013, 2:52am

My bet would be that he had a beef with the world ever since his mother called him Stacey.

1. Stacey is hardly unknown as a boy’s name, it’s a very old surname (which usually means it becomes a boy’s given name) and is part of at least 2 Hampshire place-names.

18. Gay Activist Paul Mitchell 1 Feb 2013, 2:58am

One month from now he will get caught out big time in a public mens toilet playing with another mans dick at the urinal and saying “I am not gay, I was just helping a friend out with his luggage!”

1. That picture of him in the pink news Article just says:

“I AM A CLOSET GAY MAN AND I LOVE DICKS AND ANAL SEX WITH MEN”!