London: Former volunteer antisocial behaviour mediator found guilty of abusing lesbian couple and sticking finger up woman’s nose

1. And now a criminal conviction has been secured, got to wonder if a civil action might be an option in this case.

Heck, I’d be tempted to do it just to cause the vile woman some distress and discomfort. She already hates LGBT people, it’s not like she’s going to have a revelation over the errors of her ways. But a court order and having her wages garnished, or at least a damned good scare, might sink in and encourage her to shut her mouth and keep her hands to herself.

1. nixiotemba 25 Jan 2013, 4:13pm

I suppose she lost her ‘mediation’ job? and she will have a criminal record

1. I usually don’t like to pile on, but in this case, one can hope.

I also wonder how shallow were the interviews given for her hiring.

2. Being spat on is a disgusting and degrading experience – and that’s before slurs and assault – If I had remedy available, I’m afraid I would take it.

2. Sounds like some of the anti-social behaviour on which she mediates has runned off. Homophobic wassack.

1. Rubbed not runned.

3. That There Other David 25 Jan 2013, 1:54pm

Oh dear. Looks like she needs a training refresher…

4. So I’m confused…. her job is to stop anti-social behaviour?

Shouldn’t she be fired for such an act of anti-social behaviour then, seeing as it does run in direct violation of what her job entails?

1. She could well be up for disciplinary action as her name has been tied to the housing association and they would want to distance themselves from her.

5. Lyuba Allenivna Marchenko 25 Jan 2013, 2:15pm

What the hell kind of shite is this?

She wouldnt put a finger up anyone’s nose around me; I’d punch that suka in the head!

Mediator, my Black Ukrainian arse!

6. I am glad that she has been found guilty but feel that the fine given was too lenient. Had this been of a racist nature, again the fine would probably have been bigger!

7. PantoHorse 25 Jan 2013, 2:43pm

PN: Headmistress is a really outdated term.

Head teacher is the preferred phrase now.

8. MerlynHerne 25 Jan 2013, 2:56pm

Wow. And this woman is an anti-social behaviour mediator?! Looks like the training she received never sank in. I know if she had harassed my husband and me and stuck her finger up either of our noses, she would have had her lights punched out. Unbelievable.

9. Washthatoutnow 25 Jan 2013, 4:21pm

Here is a picture of the lady involved so you can avoid her should you ever be in Croydon.

10. Alan Edwards 25 Jan 2013, 5:15pm

I suspect that Diana Marquis only escaped a custodial sentence because she has children. It is not stated whether there is a father around, but I somehow doubt it.

The ongoing problem is that the children in this case are inevitably the ones who will suffer….from both families. Children prize a certain degree of normality, and for an out-of-control rampaging black harridan to scream abuse about the sexual proclivities of another set of parents, is to doom the children to taunts from their peers!

Speaking as a retired HeadMASTER, I can assure you that the school now has to take on an additional burden to an already crammed curriculum. Perhaps, both sets of parents could be involved in age-appropriate lesson planning on this issue.

Again, I would add that to “garnish” the woman’s salary to pay for damages incurred in a civil action would only have the effect of damaging the child(ren) she already has. Losing her job would have the same effect. .

1. casparthegood 25 Jan 2013, 6:26pm

If this “lady” had thought about her children in the first place none of this would have happened. If she wants to break the law she must take the consequences. Children or religion or any of the other lame excuses or apologies for appaling behavior are not acceptable any more. Frankly this child would be better of in care than with an idiot like that as a role model

11. had someone made comment to her about the colour of her skin etc there would have been an outcry, and this vile old bag makes homophobic comments and little happens yuck yuck

Read and see her here:

1. My feelings exactly.

12. She doesn’t seem the sort of person you’d want around kids ! Bet the most she’ll get is a final warning .

13. GingerlyColors 26 Jan 2013, 7:09am

What sort of example is that? An ASBO would be too lenient for that so called antisocial behaviour mediator.