Anti-gay evangelist Scott Lively: Gay marriage in biblical times caused Noah’s flood

1. Yes, of course it did Scott.

2. Lynda Yilmaz 10 Jan 2013, 4:14pm

Don’t you just shake your head in amazement at the things these people say? He’ll have a place on the ark and one half of a dinosaur couple!

3. Kerry Hollowell 10 Jan 2013, 4:15pm

Scott Lively has met the end of his sane days . However it is amazing that these nut jobs still get a platform to spew their hatred

4. de·lu·sional:
    A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness:

1. Indeed – this man is yet another American with mental health issues.

If they are not using guns they are using God to hurt others.

1. We’re not all like that. I’m as baffled as any and I’ve lived here my whole life.

5. PantoHorse 10 Jan 2013, 4:22pm

Wow. Just wow! And lol. And bwahahahahahaha.

What a bell end.

6. Mmmmm all that seed spilt on the ground

7. It’s not this mad twat that worries me – its all the people who believe him.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 10 Jan 2013, 5:07pm

People like Stephen Green.

8. Damn, I just went and put money on a zombie outbreak causing the end of the world.

I feel stupid now for having placed my faith in pure fiction.

9. Maybe what he is describing as the end time is the end of time for all these nut jobs that want to spew their hate and bigotry.Maybe revelations is right..Maybe the wh_re of babylon .Really is the modern day christian church led by the RCs and all its daughters. And the world governments who give them credibility.

10. Hehe! He’s funny! And if people like him don’t like it, sodom!

11. I don’t normally think that religious people have mental health issues. But I think this guy needs to see a therapist.

1. The people who give him money need the therapy.

12. Jimmy Fortune 10 Jan 2013, 5:04pm

Where are the lions?

13. Robert in S. Kensington 10 Jan 2013, 5:06pm

I can’t believe Lively is being allowed into the UK for the Oxford Union debate. He’s advocated Ugandan policy to persecute, torture or even kill gay people.

Maybe a letter to Theresa May is in order. This man is incompatible with British values and our way of life. He should be banned from coming to the UK.

1. Oh I don’t know – if he gets laughed out of Oxford it would be worth letting him visit. My concern is who else has he come here to wind up?

14. If only we were as powerful as all these mad folk give us credit for!

15. It’s disturbing that mental illness goes untreated when the victims are associated with an established religious institution.

16. I refuse to share a lifeboat with that man !!!

17. Of course Mr Lively is currently subject to a Massachusetts court civil suit over his part in the Kill the Gays bill.

Perhaps he isn’t familiar with tort law, and is going for an insanity defence?

18. “The last straw for God before He brought the flood was when they started writing wedding songs to homosexual marriage

??!!

I thought they always claimed there’d been no such thing as homosexual marriage?

I would ask what planet this specimen is on, but I think the answer’s obvious.

19. Actually, people give these guys some of their hard earned money. Unbelievable. In what way is that different from villagers in Africa paying the local witch doctor?

1. Simple – this witch doctor comes from a long way away!

20. Awwww, good for Scott Lively for making the switch from revisionist history to revisionist fan fiction –
    “Hey kids, you know that story that never really happened, well here’s what really didn’t happen”

21. Oh God, another fruit cake!

1. I fear that is an insult to fruit cakes which, despite sugar content, probably give more satisfaction than any of these lunatics would be capable of.

22. That There Other David 10 Jan 2013, 7:28pm

Early Christians were not persecuted by the Roman Empire. The stories of Nero and the Lions etc. were made up after Constantine converted to Christianity. The only Roman Emperor ever to really act against Christians was Diocletian in the 4th Century, roughly 20 years before Constantine’s rise to prominence and the Empire’s conversion.

Since then, Christians have persecuted Jews, Wiccans, Atheists, Polytheists, and Pagans. We’re the latest in a long line of groups they’ve tried their hardest to eradicate in the name of an innocent Rabbi, all the time pretending they’re the victims.

They repeat so many lies they don’t even notice these days. Lively is just one of many delusional fools who don’t even realise what they’re saying.

1. Can I borrow that post – there is a blog of a local witch doctor (ooops christian) I would love to post it on when the right moment comes up. She may not approve it but then she may not understand it either.

23. This lovely polar bear must be so much in denial! First thing I can imagine is seeing him dancing his tits off on Rihianna in XXL on Sat night…

24. If ‘end times’ are close it will not because of the gays. It will more likely to be related to how much the Americans contributed to stuffing up the environment by gorging on the planet. resources.

25. Despite the fact that i believe in an afterlife and that Jesus was a very spiritually gifted man

I can’t believe that in this day and age people still believe the stories of Adam and Eve and Noah’s ark!!! one word describes the illogicality (INBREEDING!) and about Adam and eves supposed two sons where would the grandchildren come from??? and the ark animals would be the same two of every animal they would of ended up inbred to.

1. “where would the grandchildren come from”

Incest.

Ooops. They didn’t think that one out well did they!

26. Christopher Lexley 11 Jan 2013, 12:45am

Couldn’t Benjamin Cohen find someone with a little more credibility and intelligence to debate with? I love the guy to pieces, but it seems to me like he’s lowering his own credibility by humoring such a moronic individual…

27. Uh huh. I just wonder what School of Theology he went to, I was never taught any scriptures he is referring.

28. This guy has just plain gone off the deep end. Noah’s flood because of gay wedding music? That’s funny.

29. johnny33308 11 Jan 2013, 2:13am

This truly despicable person is now on trial in Federal Court here in Massachusetts for his many Crimes Against Humanity on behalf of LGBT Ugandans….hopefully he may be tried for each country he helped to legally deprive LGBT (and anyone accused of being LGBT) people of their Human Rights and protections under Civil laws. Perhaps it will liquidate his “ministry” of lies and hatred….he is a version of Hitler, trying to create an LGBT Genocide, in fact and so seeing him beaten is incredibly rewarding…..Then perhaps, may we look forward to bring to trial all the others like him who spew only hatred and bigotry of one sort or another? ALL of it must end, and end it will, and sooner rather than later by the look of it….hurray!

30. Geoff Pfaff 11 Jan 2013, 2:18am

So when Scott was arrested in Portland at Laurelhurst park having oral sex with another guy…why where there no floods?

1. Is that true?

2. I think you’ll find there were gushers of some sort ;)

31. The elves in my back garden were saying the same thing just the other day. The thing is, I’m going to get my doctor to change my meds because they have bad side-effects. I can’t hear the elves when I take them.

32. “….if you do a careful investigation of all the scriptures …”

What? Like you most clearly didn’t do, Lively? Just make it up as you go along, eh, and hope no-one will notice.

33. NickDavisGB 11 Jan 2013, 2:51pm

Several things –
    Does anyone know if this nutter has been given a visa, if so why?
    When is he arriving?
    Where/when can we protest his appearance at OU?
    Also, let me get this right – he wants the Rapture so him and his mates can sit at the feet of The Rabbi for all time.
    Gay marriage will bring about the End of Times, hence the Rapture.
    So why isn’t he supporting gay marriage so he can ascend sooner?

34. Philip Chandler 11 Jan 2013, 7:21pm

For a person like this to blame the Holocaust on gay men (the “pink Swastika”) is nothing short of obscene. Gay men were one of several groups mass murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust, which claimed the lives of at least six million Jews, countless Gypsies, and thousands of gay men. This man is both delusional and dangerous — he may have committed no crimes on US soil, but his Ugandan advocacy renders him unfit to comment on any matter of public prominence.

PHILIP

35. Dennis Hambridge 18 Jan 2013, 6:04pm

well this idiot could be dangerous if he had a brain, the problem is other idiots believe him

36. actually Scott, the flood was brought on due to the contamination of human kind ,the fallen angels mating with human women and making nephallimic kids.

also its the gays and lesbians being imprisoned and killed ==persecution

37. Derek Williams 29 Mar 2013, 4:25pm

Here’s the thing: When God allegedly brings down the wrath in the form of Hurricane Sandy, he drowns the gay-hating religious nutjobs right along side of the gays.

If he wants to punish the gays, why doesn’t he just drown us, and leave the haters on their podia?