Official petition for Obama to label ‘God Hates Fags’ Church as a hate group most popular ever

1. I have to say what saddens me the most is seeing these kids holding signs with viscous hate language and knowing that they’re being indoctrinated into believing that something completely normal is a horrible, terrible thing

1. I am surprised that this fact, the way they use the children, has not been used by the authorities to have those children taken into care. I think that may well have happened in Britain.

What the adults do is up to them.

2. Justice for all 27 Dec 2012, 8:34am

We should give these nutters to the Muslim as a peace offering. Give them some grinding compound so their swords wont get a dent when their heads are removed.

BTW how did htey get that way – endless vicious molestation in the family, sexual, mental and physical

Prob explains all the nutters extremists of the pope – generation to generation.

NEW NAME FOR THE VATICAN –

ROMES REICHSTAG. They brought it on themselves

http://nobeliefs.com/SIZAN.htm (all lower case and reverse the 5 capitalized letters.)

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Dec 2012, 11:45am

I agree. Personally I think the adults should be charged with mental child abuse!

2. Fundamentalist Christians don’t get any worse than this evil mob.

It is appalling that they picket funerals with their extremely offensive placards. It is equally appalling that they ‘encourage’ their children to take part in all this.

This kind of child brainwashing, including the evil indoctrination that they risk being burnt in hell for eternity by some kind of psychopathic god, and the involvement of the children in these highly sociopathic activities, is nothing less than serious child abuse.

As libertarian as the USA may be, they should draw the line, outlaw this church and the funeral protests, take the children into local authority care, and prosecute the perpetrators for hate crimes.

It simply can’t be the case that “anything goes” where child welfare and grieving mourners are concerned.

3. Garry Cassell 26 Dec 2012, 8:38pm

I think all of that hate family should be put away in some kind of health care facility for their own good because they’re not well by any stretch of the imagination…petty that they teach young children this hate….it’s not free speech…the KKK wouldn’t get away with this hate…why should this group just because they refer themselves to a church…sad set of affairs..

4. I think classing them as a hate group will not help in any way.

They will see it as winning the nobel prize for their work.

They should be investigated in miniscule detail for any tiny breach of the law. Is there anything rotten in their finances for a start?

Do they have tax free status? What is that based on? They wouldn’t qualify for tax free status here. Even the Plymouth Brethren here have lost their tax free status.

They need to be hit where it hurts, in their pockets.

5. If you have not signed please, please do so. It only takes a moment and can make a big difference.

1. Dave North 26 Dec 2012, 9:17pm

Proud to be an early signatory…

2. Presumably the petition is only open to be signed by US citizens.

6. I know this is hateful on my own part but…
    why hasn’t a crazed gunman taken this entire family down?
    why is it innocent children who die?
    why is it good people who get attacked?

Why isn’t it the hate-filled monsters that are pus-filled blemishes on humanity that get attacked?

1. Mikey, I can understand your anger, but the children of these adults have been brainwashed and are blameless. They are victims of abuse, having been indoctrinated that they will go to hell and be burnt for eternity if they do not follow the church’s teachings, and they are taken along to the appalling pickets at funerals.

Even their parents were children once, being indoctrinated by this “church” and subjected to the same kind of abuse.

This kind of evil perpetuates itself from generation to generation. Who knows? If you or I had been born into that family and brainwashed, we might have ended up carrying those placards and shouting hate as well.

The best we can do is to challenge religious bigotry in all its forms, present the case for science, rationality and compassion, and support change in the law that would prevent these people from picketing funerals and publishing extremely offensive hate websites.

2. I do not want them to die, but suffer something grievous, so we can all point, millions of us, and say “This is God’s judgement on you for your evil!”
      That would kill this so-called church stone dead.

7. Fundamentalist Christianity doesn’t get any worse than this bunch.

And those poor children, indoctrinated into this appalling “church”, taught they risk being burnt for eternity in hell if they don’t do as they are told, and being taken along to inhuman pickets at funerals.

It is nothing less than child abuse, and hate crime of the worst kind.

8. Twice I’ve tried to post a comment, and twice it has disappeared into the ether. There was no bad language in my posts. I’ve no idea what triggered the automatic deletion.

My posts focused on the poor children in that sect and how they are being brought up.

They also suggested that hate crime legislation should prevent that “church” upsetting mourners at funerals.

I daren’t say any more, in case use a prohibited word!

1. Always hit refresh, otherwise your browser may serve you up a cached version that pre-dates your post. :-(

Better still, just right click on the ‘X Comments’ link in the original story and then ‘Open in New Tab’.

2. Justice for all 27 Dec 2012, 8:37am

got to be carefull on some words. A little experimenting will show you where the problem is.

3. That’s happened to me, I think it was something I did, rather than said, that caused the comment to be lost. I use Firefox, latest version, it opens the comments in a new window automatically, and 99% of the time it works perfectly.
      Having said that, now I am having to fill in my details again for every comment!

9. Here’s another worthwhile petition for all PN readers to sign:-

Hit WBC where it really hurts – in their pockets !

10. One thing I don’t understand is what impact naming them officially as a hate group would have on them?

11. GingerlyColors 27 Dec 2012, 7:11am

The Westboro Baptist Church are already high on a list of over 700 hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a list which should be adopted by the White House. The WBC are by far the most vile hate group in the whole of the USA and not only do they abuse children by brainwashing them into taking part in their pickets and demonstrations they also gloat over the murder of children. So vile are the WBC that even the stalwarts of hate, the Ku Klux Klan resent them. While the 1st Amendment needs to stay in order to guarantee feedom of speech, a new Amendment is needed to the US Constitution to prevent the abuse of that freedom in the form of hate speech.

12. I really do hope that they are classed as a hate group, because that is what they are.

On another note, PN please stop saying that the children were aged “between” 6 or 7, how can you be between 6 & 7? It should be most were aged 6 or 7. OK rant, over, as you were!

13. Jock S. Trap 27 Dec 2012, 11:43am

It is a hate group and it’s time the US acted on it. Let’s face it if it’s soul purpose was to discriminate all US citizens the. Authorities would be acting very differently!

1. greenriverkate 28 Dec 2012, 12:49am

Since our SCOTUS let them have “freedom of speech” we have no choice but to make them illegal with the tag of hate group.l That is ll it is, hate, hate and more hate. This is NOT a church by anyones definition. If we could close down a “church of sex”, why can’t this one be done in. It is up to us to do this. These vicious people need to be stopped once and fore all! How dare they use God’s name to spread hatred against all they don’t like. Perhaps Satan is their real God. I do not belong to an organized man made church but I do know right from wrong. What they do hurts others! That is wrong by any moral standard, I believe in equal rights for all but these people have gone WAY over the line of humanity!

14. Pink News is utterly relentless in its promotion of the Westboro baptist cult.

How many stories a week does it run on this cult?

Probably more than are members of the cult.

THis cult survives on publicity and Pink News is co-operating fully by publicising the cult whereever possible.

15. sad indeed that children are beind used to present the bigotry ….. sad sad sad and how does God & Hate happen to be in the same sentence?

16. Anytime you have a hate group like this, the poor children are the ones suffering who’s to say what emotional, physical, and mental abuse they are going thru at the hands of the parents and elders??